Author Topic: Ultra Blight N/C  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Soremel

Ultra Blight N/C
« on: January 09, 2019, 11:09:10 PM »
I did my homework, but I would like to have some input from the masses to see if I'm on the right trail...

A recent purchase included the sticker shown at the top... a tan-backed Ultra Blight, with no copyright. My first assumption was that it got cut off during the cutting/trimming process. So, I looked up images of all of the Ultra Blight releases to see where their respective copyright line was positioned. As you can see, the copyright line of text is relatively close to the image on each sticker, and the N/C version has plenty of white area available for a copyright to be printed.

The bright blue "kiss-cut" guide line, on the N/C sticker, reminded me of the N/C 2nd Series proofs that Probstein123 has for sale on eBay (shown at the bottom). Not only are the guide lines the same shade/brightness of blue as on the proofs, but the proofs also lack the traditional copyright line.

My theory is that this N/C version of Ultra Blight may have been from a proof sheet that somehow made it to production, and subsequently into the wild. I'm curious to know what others think about this oddity!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Ultra Blight N/C
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 01:05:26 AM »
Very interesting!  Looks like the kiss cut is different, too.

Offline sunsweat

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:32:31 AM »
I think your assumption is correct George.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 03:01:00 PM »
I definitely think you're right. That final black ink pressing of the copyright logo and border overlay is missing, same as all those proofs..