Author Topic: Lamest Fake Pack Ever  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Lamest Fake Pack Ever
« on: January 04, 2019, 05:45:56 PM »
So in my never ending quest to put together perfect reissue sets, I’ve been opening a bunch of 4th series re-ish packs I’ve picked up over the years. As shown below, I pulled some very nice cards from many of them.

Then I opened a pack and to my amazement, it contained no gum and...wait for it....6 ANS 1 cards....with the stickers PEELED!

I’ve only gotten these packs from supposedly trustworthy sources, but it was only one pack so I don’t really care. Still, sad that someone would actually fake a $3 re-issue pack.

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Lamest Fake Pack Ever
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:37:29 PM »
EBay Jail for them!

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:39:46 PM »
So in my never ending quest to put together perfect reissue sets, I’ve been opening a bunch of 4th series re-ish packs I’ve picked up over the years. As shown below, I pulled some very nice cards from many of them.

Then I opened a pack and to my amazement, it contained no gum and...wait for it....6 ANS 1 cards....with the stickers PEELED!

I’ve only gotten these packs from supposedly trustworthy sources, but it was only one pack so I don’t really care. Still, sad that someone would actually fake a $3 re-issue pack.

Wow.  It is amazing that someone would actually take the time and effort for something that is barely worth anything.  it is bad enough worrying about buying rarer packs and series 1 Ludlows that could be fakes, now I have to inspect reissue packs????

Seriously, I have a many boxes of reissues, I am good with assuming they are legit.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline drono

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 09:29:48 PM »
What's next, counterfeiting $1 bills?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 04:50:22 AM »
I guess I'll put ANS 2 cards in an ANS 1 pack. Seems like a good idea.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 06:48:49 AM »
I guess I'll put ANS 2 cards in an ANS 1 pack. Seems like a good idea.

Tough to reseal the foil packs though. That’s exactly why they started using them in the 90s.

anything