Author Topic: Jay Lynch Artwork Featured On Antiques Roadshow!  (Read 7882 times)

Offline BRUTE_88

Jay Lynch Artwork Featured On Antiques Roadshow!
« on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:50 PM »
Not sure how many people have seen this yet, but this article was just posted the other day regarding a Jay Lynch original painting found in a dumpster back in 1999...
I believe that was right around the time Jay was moving from Chicago to New York:

http://voices.suntimes.com/arts-entertainment/the-daily-sizzle/sorting-out-trash-from-treasures-at-antiques-roadshow-taping-in-chicago/

Offline Smokin Joe

• "Get some for your honey"
    • Smokin' Joe's Art and Illustration
Re: Jay Lynch Artwork Featured On Antiques Roadshow!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:07:37 PM »
That's right about the time I was living in Jay's dumpster... how did I miss this? I did save a bunch of empty tuna cans and bottles of scotch from that dumpster, wonder what they are worth? ;) (Antique Roadshow, here I come!)
Smokin' Joe

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
That's right about the time I was living in Jay's dumpster... how did I miss this? I did save a bunch of empty tuna cans and bottles of scotch from that dumpster, wonder what they are worth? ;) (Antique Roadshow, here I come!)

Smokin' Joe, I bet it was pretty roomy.  Though I would have thought it would be full of cat food cans, not tuna cans. 

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 09:51:40 AM »
I did that painting in '65 or '66 when I was in art school and I gave it to a fellow student back then.  By '68, he had given it to his girlfriend.  So I haven't seen this since '68.  Although someone salvaged it from a dumpster around the time I moved from Chicago to NY, It wasn't MY dumpster.

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 11:24:32 AM »
I saw this episode last week. No mention of Wacky Packages - blasphemy ;) Congrats for making it on the show Jay!! BBG

Offline drono

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »
Very cool!

I'm not a connoisseur of modern art, so would you say that $315 was a decent price for the auction?

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 08:06:12 PM »
Nope.  But in a few years it'll sell for more on the secondary market.