Author Topic: Interesting SMR/PSA article on Non-Sports cards (wacky mentions)  (Read 4835 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Interesting SMR/PSA article on Non-Sports cards (wacky mentions)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 08:55:25 AM »
https://www.psacard.com/articles/articleview/9745/collector-profile-imminent-rise-non-sporting

Thanks for posting this link!  The article was an interesting read.  Other than some of my graded Wackys, my best "non-sports" item is probably my full box of 1976 Star Trek packs.  I bought that from a comic book store as a teenager for $75, with a $10 down payment and then paying a few bucks every week for 2 months.  My mom had to drive me to the store every time..........

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
Thanks for posting this link!  The article was an interesting read.  Other than some of my graded Wackys, my best "non-sports" item is probably my full box of 1976 Star Trek packs.  I bought that from a comic book store as a teenager for $75, with a $10 down payment and then paying a few bucks every week for 2 months.  My mom had to drive me to the store every time..........

The guy interviewed in the article was at the last Allentown show promoting Leland’s and showing off some of the same items (Batman and 007 racks) shown in this article.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
The guy interviewed in the article was at the last Allentown show promoting Leland’s and showing off some of the same items (Batman and 007 racks) shown in this article.

Those rack packs are great!  Would have loved to see them in person.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 10:05:49 AM »

I do not recognize what you're talking about. Where was he in the building?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 10:45:42 AM »
Interesting article. Thanks for pointing it out.

"Anything that was done by the artist Norm Saunders is great. Saunders is the Andy Warhol of card artists."
True enough.

Pat, looks like your $75 investment did OK, as Josh states it is worth $5K today...cool.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 11:59:14 AM »
I do not recognize what you're talking about. Where was he in the building?

He was right next to Matt’s table. Walking past Matt toward the wall, make a right turn and he was on your right.