Author Topic: Kelloggs Cereal Halloween edition  (Read 2495 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Kelloggs Cereal Halloween edition
« on: September 05, 2023, 08:02:32 AM »
Now, here's something to get excited about! Check out these new boxes:

I believe these are Target exclusives.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Kelloggs Cereal Halloween edition
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 11:05:53 AM »

Those are cool!!  Too bad I am out of space :sad:

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 01:32:58 PM »

I like these too!  I do wish, however, they didn't come in the "family size" boxes.  With my annual cereal party coming up, I'm awash in unopened boxes of cereal (roughly 60) and I try to avoid the large boxes whenever possible.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 11:07:47 PM »
I like these too!  I do wish, however, they didn't come in the "family size" boxes.  With my annual cereal party coming up, I'm awash in unopened boxes of cereal (roughly 60) and I try to avoid the large boxes whenever possible.

What is a cereal party? A

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 03:19:48 PM »
What is a cereal party? A

For about 7 or 8 years now I have hosted an increasingly large "cereal fest" in which I serve plenty of cereal along with other breakfast foods.  There are lawn games, old school cartoons and video games on in the house, my basement of collectibles is on display, a prize table, pancake bar, and all sorts of silliness that is kind of a combination of an 8 year old's birthday party and an elementary school fare.  Last year I even had Tony the Tiger make an appearance.  We'll see how it turns out this year, but I'm expecting close to 100 people.  Fingers crossed that Mother Nature cooperates  8)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 03:44:12 PM »
Sounds like a blast. Have a great time!
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 07:34:39 PM »
For about 7 or 8 years now I have hosted an increasingly large "cereal fest" in which I serve plenty of cereal along with other breakfast foods. 
There’s some new footwear available that would be perfect for the party

https://www.crocs.com/c/collections/cereal?clickid=TWdyufwYtxyPRfDT3syLeScPUkFy9x3pQU-nzU0&irgwc=1&adid=aff_impact_US_454865_x_x_256050_256050_x_x_256050_x

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2023, 08:24:29 AM »
For about 7 or 8 years now I have hosted an increasingly large "cereal fest" in which I serve plenty of cereal along with other breakfast foods.  There are lawn games, old school cartoons and video games on in the house, my basement of collectibles is on display, a prize table, pancake bar, and all sorts of silliness that is kind of a combination of an 8 year old's birthday party and an elementary school fare.  Last year I even had Tony the Tiger make an appearance.  We'll see how it turns out this year, but I'm expecting close to 100 people.  Fingers crossed that Mother Nature cooperates  8)

Sounds like you have a great time!!  You can wear a Count Chugula tee!!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2023, 05:39:30 PM »

That's the coolest thing ever! Maybe next time you should host the party on a Saturday morning! Cereal goes great with Scooby snacks!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 05:43:46 PM by koduck »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2023, 07:10:14 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes, all!  It really is a hoot!  And, F&S, I've already ordered my Count Chocula crocs.  I wore my Lucky Charms crocs last year, but wouldn't be caught dead recycling footwear ;).  And I like the idea of a Saturday morning, but I've gone with Sunday as it feels like it has a more laid-back vibe than Saturday morning when I know I usually try to get a lot of my weekend chores done.  And while I don't have a Count Chugula shirt (I do have a custom-made Hawaiian shirt from vintage Kellogg's fabric and a bootleg t-shirt with cereal mascots from all the manufacturers), there will be Wackys represented in the form of prizes at the prize table and cereal-themed magnets (C'mon, Topps, bring those back!) adorning the door.  And, since dogs are invited, I do have my Scooby Doo cookie jar loaded with treats and will make doggie cupcakes to go along with the raffle for a set of officially licensed Frosted Flakes dog toys :)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2023, 10:43:13 AM »
Thanks for the good wishes, all!  It really is a hoot!  And, F&S, I've already ordered my Count Chocula crocs.  I wore my Lucky Charms crocs last year, but wouldn't be caught dead recycling footwear ;).  And I like the idea of a Saturday morning, but I've gone with Sunday as it feels like it has a more laid-back vibe than Saturday morning when I know I usually try to get a lot of my weekend chores done.  And while I don't have a Count Chugula shirt (I do have a custom-made Hawaiian shirt from vintage Kellogg's fabric and a bootleg t-shirt with cereal mascots from all the manufacturers), there will be Wackys represented in the form of prizes at the prize table and cereal-themed magnets (C'mon, Topps, bring those back!) adorning the door.  And, since dogs are invited, I do have my Scooby Doo cookie jar loaded with treats and will make doggie cupcakes to go along with the raffle for a set of officially licensed Frosted Flakes dog toys :)

Sounds like  blast!!!  Have fun!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2023, 06:48:49 AM »
So when do invites go out ;) ?!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2023, 08:54:40 AM »

Just sent yours now, Neil.  Hope you can make it  :D

Offline Swiski

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2023, 10:28:17 AM »

Yeah! I'm pretty close to you. Madison, WI? I live in Milwaukee.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2023, 05:28:35 PM »
Just sent yours now, Neil.  Hope you can make it  :D

Wow! I was just kidding but seriously, THANK YOU for the invite! It sounds like a bowl full of fun! May be a longshot but I'll check with the boss (my wife) and if there's any way to swing it, I'll be there! Stay tuned...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2023, 01:32:07 PM »
Yeah! I'm pretty close to you. Madison, WI? I live in Milwaukee.

Are you on Facebook?  I would be happy to pass along the invite so you can see a bit more about it.  PM me your deets (whether it's Facebook, email, or phone number) and I'll make sure you get an invite :)

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2023, 01:33:08 PM »
Wow! I was just kidding but seriously, THANK YOU for the invite! It sounds like a bowl full of fun! May be a longshot but I'll check with the boss (my wife) and if there's any way to swing it, I'll be there! Stay tuned...

Would love to have you, Neil!  I can't imagine it would be anything but a longshot, but if there's any chance, please do come by.  Even if the party is a bust (which it won't be), Madison is a wonderful place to spend a day (or weekend) :)

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2023, 07:14:19 PM »
I just saw these earlier tonight in the smaller size (not ‘large’ or ‘family’), at a Stop n Shop.  So they should be out there if you want them.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2023, 05:34:38 AM »
I stand corrected. These boxes aren't Target exclusives. They're everywhere!

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2023, 07:03:35 PM »
I stand corrected. These boxes aren't Target exclusives. They're everywhere!
I wasn’t even thinking about that, only that I saw the smaller size.  But now that you mention it, hasn’t the Target exclusive always been the General Mills monster cereals?  Those are the only ones I remember going there to look for.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2023, 05:41:31 AM »
Kellogg's even came out for Halloween 2023 an It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown cereal.

anything