Author Topic: WP Old School 7 SPOILERS  (Read 81035 times)

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
WP Old School 7 SPOILERS
« on: November 07, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
Hey all, Old School 7 will be out sometime mid to late next week. It will be same format as last time with the addition of puzzles and checklists returning.

As with last time I will be offering up a raffle for some goodies involving original art and more (more details to come next week).

This set I will have a handful of stickers based on roughs Jay and I worked on for other Old School sets that, for one reason or another, did not get used. That, and lots of cool 70s products never seen in WP form and one Jay rough from the 70s.

A spoiler image to start things off: Dippity Don't based on Dippity Do

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: WP Old School 7 SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »
YES!!

Soooo good!! 

Dave,

Question:

Back around Old School 1, I put you in touch with the guy I knew who had the television commercial reel for the Wonder Bread Wacky Packages and at a point, you guys were going to do something with that.  Recall what happened?

-J

Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll find out shortly. I have been wondering about that myself recently. I know Topps owns it.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 07:28:45 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about that. I'll find out shortly. I have been wondering about that myself recently. I know Topps owns it.

Thanks Dave for the DD spoiler. I remember my 2 cousins Debbie/Shelly using that item on their hair. Looking forward to this set. Shoe.

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 10:59:47 PM »
I remember my sisters using that stuff.  I used to make fun of the name even back then....ha!  I am soooo looking forward to this set!!!!!  It's been awhile.....

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 08:09:39 AM »
The rendering on that jar and the green gel...perfection! Dave...are you sure you are not Norm Saunders reincarnated?

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 09:44:23 AM »
Looking forward to the new set! :great:

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »
Yay! Looking forward to some Old School Wackys!
Brian Mc

Offline Rictor

• Card For Sale
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »
Will this be a Topps On Demand exclusive?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 05:15:47 PM »
I see that with the recent On Demand Stranger Kids GPK release has a nice, long 90 day availability.

Pat and others have brought this up before, but it really seems like a month or two long window could be done with OLDS 7 as well.
they could have two listings: 
one is for basic set of stickers + checklist cards, with no sketches or chase cards.
the other listing for the limited number of full-blown sets with the sketches, etc., just like last year, and when those are sold out, they are gone.

Topps already does this for the baseball team sets, where there are always two options:  one is a basic team set and the other includes an autograph card. Both have long duration sell windows, and of course the autographed versions can and do sell out before the clock is up, but the basic set runs for a long time.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 11:16:24 AM »
Like you did for Wacky Packages Old School 6 last year prior to the release, will you show us a list of the products being spoofed in Wacky Packages Old School 7?

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »
Like you did for Wacky Packages Old School 6 last year prior to the release, will you show us a list of the products being spoofed in Wacky Packages Old School 7?

Yeah, I'd like to see that.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 04:41:34 PM »
I'll give you a group of products each day:

Dippity Do
Dove Soap
Joan of Arc Beans
Bounce Fabric Softener
Hot Tamales
Heath Bar

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »
I had to look up Joan of Arc beans, never heard of that one.  look forward to seeing them!!!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 10:18:54 PM »
I had to look up Joan of Arc beans, never heard of that one.  look forward to seeing them!!!

That's one of the ones that Jay did the rough for.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 01:31:32 PM »
Some more products:

Shogun Warriors
Old Gold Cigarettes
Good Housekeeping Magazine
Coors Beer
Whisker Lickins'
Giggles & Grins & Similes & Laughs Cereal

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 01:32:11 PM »
Will this be a Topps On Demand exclusive?

Yes, this is an On Demand set

Offline mikecho

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »
Some more products:

Shogun Warriors
Old Gold Cigarettes
Good Housekeeping Magazine
Coors Beer
Whisker Lickins'
Giggles & Grins & Similes & Laughs Cereal
Well, it's good to see that Grins & Smiles & Giggles & Laughs finally made it, as promised in the OLDS 6 spoilers post. That makes all three of the major Ralston cereals done as Wackys (the other two were Freakies and Moonstones).

I take it that there'll be 30 stickers in this series, as usual, that it'll be released in this month (i.e., November) and that it'll have only puzzles and checklists, but no subsets, packs, wrappers and/or boxes (meaning that it'll be released in a plastic box again)? Also, will the stickers be die-cut this time? Details, please, details!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 06:33:05 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 06:31:50 PM »
I'll give you a group of products each day:

Dippity Do
Dove Soap
Joan of Arc Beans
Bounce Fabric Softener
Hot Tamales
Heath Bar
I presume that Dove will be Glove, based on one of Jay Lynch's color roughs that I saw on lostwackys.com? If so, then that's one Note that Patrick can remove from the Spreadsheet.

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 06:34:02 PM »
Shogun Warriors

Alright, I've heard of them, they were recalled before the 70s were over. Someone merged them with Regular Show once.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »
Like Wacky Packages Old School 6 had a Peanuts/Charlie Brown/Snoopy related Wacky (Scoopy Sno-Crush Machine which spoofs Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine), will there be another Peanuts related old school wacky in Old School 7?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 09:00:58 PM »
Well, it's good to see that Grins & Smiles & Giggles & Laughs finally made it, as promised in the OLDS 6 spoilers post. That makes all three of the major Ralston cereals done as Wackys (the other two were Freakies and Moonstones).

I take it that there'll be 30 stickers in this series, as usual, that it'll be released in this month (i.e., November) and that it'll have only puzzles and checklists, but no subsets, packs, wrappers and/or boxes (meaning that it'll be released in a plastic box again)? Also, will the stickers be die-cut this time? Details, please, details!

I'll have two other classic 70s cereals in the set as well.

Yes, 30 cards, exact same format as the previous Old School with the only change being Checklists and Puzzles pieces will be added to the backs of the rough cards. So, not the exact same puzzle/ checklist format but they are there. There will be a Topps product as the puzzle. Same price, three sketch cards, Ludlow, tan and white variations. I tried asking for a header sticker (an Old School "wrapper" card to sit on the top of the stack) but not sure that made it this time around. I will also have the same contest deal for people that buy three and show me the receipt.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 09:02:24 PM »
I presume that Dove will be Glove, based on one of Jay Lynch's color roughs that I saw on lostwackys.com? If so, then that's one Note that Patrick can remove from the Spreadsheet.

No, it's not Glove. It's a gag Jay did for me during Old School 3 that we previously did not use. I used a few recent Jay Old School gags (saved some others for a possible Old School 8. I did use a Jay gag from the 70s though and plan to use some others down the line.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
Like Wacky Packages Old School 6 had a Peanuts/Charlie Brown/Snoopy related Wacky (Scoopy Sno-Crush Machine which spoofs Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine), will there be another Peanuts related old school wacky in Old School 7?

Sorry, no Peanuts gags this time around

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »
Some more products:

Sir Grapefellow cereal
Baron VonRedberry cereal
Wanted Stickers
McCormick Pepper
Space Food Sticks
Underoos
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 03:52:58 PM by slamjim »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 09:23:16 AM »
Some more products:

Sir Grapefellow cereal
Baron VonRedberry ceral
Wanted Stickers
McCormick Pepper
Space Food Sticks
Underoos

Oh boy!!  I've been wanting Wackys for Underoos, and especially Space Food Sticks!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 11:56:36 AM »
Some more products:

Sir Grapefellow cereal
Baron VonRedberry ceral
Wanted Stickers
McCormick Pepper
Space Food Sticks
Underoos

For anyone, like me, unfamiliar with Baron VonRedberry or Sir Grapefellow cereals...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cutRNspwLtY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cutRNspwLtY</a>
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:59:08 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline mikecho

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
Some more products:

Sir Grapefellow cereal
Baron VonRedberry ceral
Wanted Stickers
McCormick Pepper
Space Food Sticks
Underoos
I know that I shouldn't expect too much, but is McCormick going to be McSnoremick?

Oh, by the way, you misspelled "cereal" the second time.

Finally, just what are Space Food Sticks? Never heard of them.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 02:24:04 PM »
For anyone, like me, unfamiliar with Baron VonRedberry or Sir Grapefellow cereals...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cutRNspwLtY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cutRNspwLtY</a>
Oh, I remember them! In fact, they were just two of the many cereals that I remember fondly-and that I ate!

Strange, though, that the Monster Cereals never had a grape-flavored cereal. After all, in 2013 Fruit Brute was changed to cherry and Fruity Yummy Mummy was changed to orange-cream.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »

If he does it again, we'll know he's a serial misspeller.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »
Oh boy!!  I've been wanting Wackys for Underoos, and especially Space Food Sticks!

Space Food Sticks is a Jay Lynch rough and Underoos came from Paul Harris

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 03:55:30 PM »
I know that I shouldn't expect too much, but is McCormick going to be McSnoremick?

Finally, just what are Space Food Sticks? Never heard of them.

Yep, that is the 70s Jay gag I used.

Space Food Sticks is a weird product that came out during the space race in the late 60s and continued through the mid 70s. It's shaped like a slim jim and is a protein stick or something like that. The box is great. It's almost all text. Jay wrote an amazing gag for it.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 03:57:03 PM »
Here's some more products:

Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle
Fantastic Odd Rods
Phillies Cigars
Fizzies
Chocks Vitamins
Aurora Dracula Model Kit

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »
And the sticker that will be the puzzle:

Unwanted Stickers

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 04:05:07 PM »
I saw that it was mentioned that the Old School 7 set will be released in November..but is there an actual release date or do we have to wait for the day of email that Topps sends out?

anything