Author Topic: WP Old School 7 SPOILERS  (Read 81039 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: WP Old School 7 SPOILERS
« Reply #245 on: December 09, 2018, 06:21:43 PM »
Do we think we will see these cards shipped by Fri? That would be 13 business days from sale's end. The site states they will ship 15 days from sale end.
seriously doubt it. seems like most of their items ship late.
For fun, ask any of the GPK crowd about the recent Meme Set.
That one was supposed to ship within 10-12 days after its countdown clock ended -  which was back on October 4th.
Most of the buyers are still waiting for them to ship.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #246 on: December 10, 2018, 05:44:39 AM »
Asking again here.  I have moved and need to change the shipping address on my OS7 set.

I ordered the set as a guest via paypal so I didn't have an account and don't know how to access the order details on the Topps web page to change.

Can someone please give me a phone number to call to talk to Topps?  They haven't answered my support ticket.

Offline CaseyRob

« Reply #247 on: December 10, 2018, 06:13:09 AM »
Asking again here.  I have moved and need to change the shipping address on my OS7 set.

I ordered the set as a guest via paypal so I didn't have an account and don't know how to access the order details on the Topps web page to change.

Can someone please give me a phone number to call to talk to Topps?  They haven't answered my support ticket.

Maybe a dumb question, but have you set up mail forwarding through the Post Office? Topps's Customer Service number is 1-800-489-9149

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #248 on: December 10, 2018, 07:59:31 AM »
My order is still 'processing'.

They can TAKE an order they just can't FULFILL it...  ;)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #249 on: December 10, 2018, 08:26:51 AM »
Do we think we will see these cards shipped by Fri?
That would surprise me. I'm thinking more like middle of next week (12/19 or so).

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #250 on: December 10, 2018, 08:34:52 AM »
In time for Christmas?  I hope so !  I bought 12 sets as gifts.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #251 on: December 10, 2018, 09:48:25 AM »
Maybe a dumb question, but have you set up mail forwarding through the Post Office? Topps's Customer Service number is 1-800-489-9149

Thanks I talked to Customer Service and they were very helpful.  I didn't want to change my address with the post office yet, because I was concerned they might lose the order.  I've had problems before after moving.  Anyway Topps has changed the order to my new address.  Very nice lady I spoke to.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #252 on: December 10, 2018, 03:13:16 PM »

My thoughts too. If you've put in a COA with USPS, all of your mail (with the exception of 4th class junk mail) will be forwarded to your new address for one year.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #253 on: December 10, 2018, 03:15:12 PM »
My order is still 'processing'.

They can TAKE an order they just can't FULFILL it...  ;)

Ha! Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the rental car. "You know how to TAKE the reservation, but you don't know how to KEEP the reservation."

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #254 on: December 10, 2018, 04:47:14 PM »
My thoughts too. If you've put in a COA with USPS, all of your mail (with the exception of 4th class junk mail) will be forwarded to your new address for one year.

I guess you don't live in West Virginia  :]  Never trust them here with COA especially my OLDS7 set.   8) 
Anyway Topps changed the shipping address for me.  "Now" I will put in my COA.   :]

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #255 on: December 11, 2018, 02:43:09 PM »
I guess you don't live in West Virginia  :]  Never trust them here with COA especially my OLDS7 set.   8) 
Anyway Topps changed the shipping address for me.  "Now" I will put in my COA.   :]

Glad to hear you got it straightened out.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2018, 07:21:46 AM »
Sorry this got delayed. I'll have the raffle tonight at 7est. It will be on FB and I'll post the results here right after it. 13 people are in the raffle. Grand prize is the art to Philthies Corona, 2nd and 3rd are the roughs to Unwanted Stickers and Ben Creeper.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »
Remember, you are also looking back on WP with rose colored glasses. I guarantee a ton of the OS series you have or had no idea what the product was. Especially as a kid. You only know them now because of the OS series. I thought the majority of these were really common things and if not they were still highlights of many 70s nostalgia sites. I try to check through those when doing these to get good ideas. A lot of these products are still in use today. The only one I never saw was Joan of Arc Beans (which is still around). I used it because Jay did a nice rough for it and it was a staple for him in the 70s. Chocks was the other one I was vaguely familiar with but it was a pretty big vitamin brand. What here have you never seen?
Dave I meant to ask earlier - do you consistently get actual vintage packages to work from, or are you often limited to internet images, magazine ads and such?  The finished paintings look like you had the packaging in hand, no suggestion you’re working with anything less.  If you’re not, I imagine finishing off the side panel details on boxes must add some challenge, depending on the perspective of the image you’re working with.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2018, 04:24:28 PM »
Dave I meant to ask earlier - do you consistently get actual vintage packages to work from, or are you often limited to internet images, magazine ads and such?  The finished paintings look like you had the packaging in hand, no suggestion you’re working with anything less.  If you’re not, I imagine finishing off the side panel details on boxes must add some challenge, depending on the perspective of the image you’re working with.

No, I use old ads and photos for all the work. I've been able to find multiple views to get sides and tops. Also I use YouTube and look at old commercials.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2018, 04:27:48 PM »
Winners in the WP old School 7 raffle are:

Jaron James - Philthies Cigars painting
Paul Harris - Squirrel Gut Zippers rough
Marc Simon - Unwanted Stickers rough
Charles Geller - Ben Creeper rough

I'm going to send the remaining 9 people a little something as well.

Thanks to everyone that participated. Hope to do it again with another Old School set next year!

Offline Mr._Stubble

« Reply #260 on: December 13, 2018, 08:28:05 AM »
Winners in the WP old School 7 raffle are:

Jaron James - Philthies Cigars painting
Paul Harris - Squirrel Gut Zippers rough
Marc Simon - Unwanted Stickers rough
Charles Geller - Ben Creeper rough

I'm going to send the remaining 9 people a little something as well.

Thanks to everyone that participated. Hope to do it again with another Old School set next year!

Drats!  Congrats to the winners and I do appreciate the opportunity.  Those cigars look real enough to smoke! Maybe next time around...

Offline dth1971

« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2018, 11:56:05 AM »
The C&D is no problem anymore. We only really had a few minor issues since ANS started up.

I think I still have a lot of good products left. A few of the categories are thinner than others. I guess I can always do more toys/ candy/ cereal rather than pull a more obscure medicine product for instance. I just always like to mix up the categories.

To date, is Disney the only company that has a C&D on Topps to make Wacky Packages spoofing Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars characters? That's what caused Topps to cancel a planned Star Wars Wacky Packages series in 2014.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #262 on: December 14, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »
Dave, I'd like to ask you a question.

What's the date of release for OLDS 1 and OLDS 2? I'd like to put this information in the Wikipedia Wacky Packages article and I figured when in doubt, go to an expert-or, in this case, the original creator of the concept.

I know that OLDS 1 came out in February 2010 and that OLDS 2 came out in late March 2011. All that I need is the dates of the months. If you could please tell me what they are, that would be great! Then I can edit them into the Old School section of the article. Thanks!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #263 on: December 14, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »
To date, is Disney the only company that has a C&D on Topps to make Wacky Packages spoofing Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars characters? That's what caused Topps to cancel a planned Star Wars Wacky Packages series in 2014.

Yep! Exactly

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #264 on: December 14, 2018, 12:40:37 PM »
Dave, I'd like to ask you a question.

What's the date of release for OLDS 1 and OLDS 2? I'd like to put this information in the Wikipedia Wacky Packages article and I figured when in doubt, go to an expert-or, in this case, the original creator of the concept.

I know that OLDS 1 came out in February 2010 and that OLDS 2 came out in late March 2011. All that I need is the dates of the months. If you could please tell me what they are, that would be great! Then I can edit them into the Old School section of the article. Thanks!

Hey, I went back into my emails but they only are going back to 2012 at this point so i'm not 100% sure on that. If anyone has access to the other WP Forum fif you find the original threads for the releases you should be able to get the exact dates.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #265 on: December 14, 2018, 12:45:10 PM »
If anyone is interested in some paintings for the new set I have the following left:

Chunks
Dippity-Don't
Teeth
Ben Creeper
Good Housecreeping
Smirkoff
Dolt Soap
Old Golds
Whiskey Lickins
Spacey Food Sticks
Philthies Corona

Just send me a PM!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 08:46:22 PM by slamjim »

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #266 on: December 14, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »
Has it been 15 days yet?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2018, 03:24:50 AM »
Has it been 15 days yet?

Next Tues will be 15 business days after sale ended. Maybe they ship by next Friday? Hopefully in time for Christmas.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2018, 08:08:12 AM »
Next Tues will be 15 business days after sale ended. Maybe they ship by next Friday? Hopefully in time for Christmas.

I would love to have them by Christmas Eve, but I'm not counting on it.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2018, 08:34:04 AM »
I ordered a few of the Red Sox World Series on Demand sets back in October, just got them
the other day.  Although they still are technically on sale....

Yes, not the most efficient customer service around.  I do think they are willing to help
and are trying, they just have the worst communication skills or the most ancient
computer system around.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2018, 02:23:47 PM »
Hey, I went back into my emails but they only are going back to 2012 at this point so i'm not 100% sure on that. If anyone has access to the other WP Forum fif you find the original threads for the releases you should be able to get the exact dates.
Thanks, David! What's the web address for this forum and can I get on it easily?

And by the way, what's "fif" supposed to be really?

• Administrator
« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2018, 04:17:59 PM »
i believe the other forum remains defunct

Offline mikecho

« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2018, 06:34:45 PM »
i believe the other forum remains defunct
Thanks, Patrick.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2018, 01:24:48 AM »
I got a shipping notice during the night!!

Offline quas

« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2018, 02:18:33 AM »
I got a shipping notice during the night!!

Same here!
Marc

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2018, 05:09:31 AM »
Received the similar 'shipping label has been created' notice.
Another day probably before they actually ship

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2018, 05:25:46 AM »
What do you think - maybe by Christmas Eve?

Offline View-Monster

« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2018, 08:12:58 AM »
Anyone going to have an extra base set for sale?

I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the deluxe set when I was only after the base whites...  :sad:

--
V-Monster

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2018, 01:43:05 PM »
Anyone going to have an extra base set for sale?

I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on the deluxe set when I was only after the base whites...  :sad:

--
V-Monster

There are some Ebay sellers that have purchased these cards and will be selling sets on the bay at reasonable buy it now prices once they are in their hands.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2018, 05:30:01 PM »
Argh!  Got my shipping confirmation and it has my old address on it.  WTH?   >( I talked to Topps directly and she said she changed the address for me to my new house.

Oh well, I have my COA in for USPS so it should get here either way.  I'll be on pins and needles until it does!  :]  C'Mon Topps.