Author Topic: Wackies from China  (Read 2288 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Wackies from China
« on: October 03, 2018, 11:09:58 AM »
A couple weeks ago I ran across an eBay lot of 50 Wackies. From the pic, it was evident they were not Topp's produced and were shipping from China. I purchased the lot for $9 as a curio item. Almost forgot about them but they arrived yesterday. Each sticker is a little larger than the size of the WP Album stickers. The backs are all white and no trademarks on either the front or back. The titles are a mixture of Original Series, ANS, Postcards and Old School. They feel almost like vinyl and are actual stickers. Below is a pic of some of the titles and the wrapper they came in. 

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:13:37 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Soremel

Re: Wackies from China
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 01:22:14 PM »
I especially like that they have been printed with brightly color. So much better than darkly color.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 04:07:04 PM »
These may be cling. Says reusable.

jim

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 05:28:37 PM »
Brightly colors are the bestly colors!

Offline Rictor

• Card For Sale
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 09:54:12 AM »
Leave it to China to bootleg everything.  Even things you would think there's no money in bootlegging.

If Trump really wants to do something about our trade imbalance with China, he should put a stop to their cheap shipping to the U.S.  Most Chinese knockoffs are only profitable because it costs them nothing to ship items here.

https://labs.ebanx.com/en/marketing/how-can-china-ship-so-cheap-a-secret-revealed/

Offline drono

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 03:10:23 PM »
I've always found that alcohol helped with the remaining glue.  After consuming enough of it, the glue just doesn't matter!