Author Topic: Changes at Topps Entertainment  (Read 4046 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Changes at Topps Entertainment
« on: July 30, 2018, 05:45:03 PM »
It's been a few days, so I thought it worth mentioning that Colin Walton has stepped down as Entertainment Brand Manager at Topps last Friday (7/27). How this will effect Wacky Packages (retail or digital) is anyone's guess, but in the interim, they've got current projects in good hands with his former assistant manager.

Needless to say, the rest of 2018 should be pretty interesting! But as they say, "The Show Must Go On"!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Changes at Topps Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 06:55:20 PM »
 :o 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »
It's been a few days, so I thought it worth mentioning that Colin Walton has stepped down as Entertainment Brand Manager at Topps last Friday (7/27). How this will effect Wacky Packages (retail or digital) is anyone's guess, but in the interim, they've got current projects in good hands with his former assistant manager.

Needless to say, the rest of 2018 should be pretty interesting! But as they say, "The Show Must Go On"!

Interesting.  I certainly have no idea of the inner workings of Topps.  However, if Topps does things differently in the future than they have in the last few years, I think it would be an upgrade.  It feels to me like Wackys have declined and I'm hoping some fresh blood will shake things up. 

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 07:54:11 PM »
I had a long talk with her today and made a ton of suggestions. Hopefully things go forward for the better. She seemed cool and receptive.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 08:33:28 PM »
We need more Wackys!!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »
I had a long talk with her today and made a ton of suggestions. Hopefully things go forward for the better. She seemed cool and receptive.

Thanks for flying the Wacky Flag!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »

Thanks, Dave!  I have great confidence that if she listens to you that you'll bring back some of the magic that seems largely missing the past few years.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 10:48:40 AM »

First suggestion is please put the die cuts on anything new.
Have you ever had an everything bagel with out the everything?
Boring.

Only my opinion . :-X

Dave thank you for speaking up for the Wacky community.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 12:57:44 PM by Beanball »

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 06:28:31 PM »

That's promising. Let's hope things get better in the WP world.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 04:47:51 PM »
Thanks Dave!