Author Topic: The Crickets have returned  (Read 8606 times)

Offline DrDeal

The Crickets have returned
« on: August 07, 2018, 03:46:21 AM »
No new info on ANY new releases. Nothing going on with anything on this site as of late.  The crickets are back.  Hopefully not for long...............

Offline ratchet007

Re: The Crickets have returned
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 05:52:42 AM »
I have been wondering about George Wright and Galactic Groceries. Anyone have any new info?

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 08:25:53 AM »
I post stuff and get no response.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 11:29:45 AM »
In case anyone is wondering what's been going on with me as of late:

Yesterday I had oral surgery...

I got two teeth attached to brackets to expose them from under my gums.
Two baby molars got removed.
There was another adult tooth that was going to be exposed. The doctor said that there was a 60% chance that when bonded it would damage the roots of other teeth since it was nowhere near where it was supposed to be. (The tooth was at the other side of my mouth pretty much.) I said, when in doubt, pull it. So, now I'm gonna be hurting for a couple days because I got an adult tooth pulled from under my gums. And, when I'm 17 or so, I will have to get a bridge put in because I have a small jaw.
The doctor said when he went in for the tooth, though, he would change it to a 20% chance of working. So, I made a good decision.

So, yeah.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 03:08:49 PM »
I post stuff and get no response.

The only cards and sketches I received were #1 Trex - no #2 or #3    :sad:

Offline chipereno

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 04:58:30 PM »
In case anyone is wondering what's been going on with me as of late:

Yesterday I had oral surgery...

I got two teeth attached to brackets to expose them from under my gums.
Two baby molars got removed.
There was another adult tooth that was going to be exposed. The doctor said that there was a 60% chance that when bonded it would damage the roots of other teeth since it was nowhere near where it was supposed to be. (The tooth was at the other side of my mouth pretty much.) I said, when in doubt, pull it. So, now I'm gonna be hurting for a couple days because I got an adult tooth pulled from under my gums. And, when I'm 17 or so, I will have to get a bridge put in because I have a small jaw.
The doctor said when he went in for the tooth, though, he would change it to a 20% chance of working. So, I made a good decision.

So, yeah.

As you can see I have no teeth yet...
I smoke around 30 cigars a minute and if you do the math
I've choked down around 283,824,000 since 2005.
So, yeah BABY!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »
I start the new Old School series in a few weeks and there should be some WP online stuff at some point

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 05:50:37 PM »
I start the new Old School series in a few weeks and there should be some WP online stuff at some point

Yay!
Brian Mc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 07:08:04 PM »

like the OLD OLD School Series- boxes sketches etc...not that $60 pack shit...it morphed into Swill - sketches were good though we need the packs back!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 02:12:01 AM »
like the OLD OLD School Series- boxes sketches etc...not that $60 pack shit...it morphed into Swill - sketches were good though we need the packs back!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Checklist puzzles would be more than welcome!

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 07:04:25 AM »
I suggested to Topps that a wrapper or cover card, like the ones being produced for the 80th Anniversary set, would be cool to have for the online Wacky and GPK's. It'd be one more card to produce but on larger sets I think it'd be worth it. The back of the "wrapper" could maybe host the checklists.
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 07:32:03 AM »
Oh thank you! Can’t wait to see anything you are able to share.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 03:00:00 PM »

That's good news!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »
Dave,

I think the OS6 sketches were some of THE BEST! and the more you buy the more one should get!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 04:35:52 PM »
Checklist puzzles would be more than welcome!

I'm fairly certain those will return this time around.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 05:10:38 PM »
I'm fairly certain those will return this time around.
I hope at the same rate too. Receiving three per set was fantastic! Really enjoyed collecting the sketches in OLDS6

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 07:57:22 PM »
I think it was, as always the luck of the draw. My sketches were crap this time around. And it cost about the same $50 apiece. With a lot less swill. I like that!

$150 a set was a hard pill to swallow though for 1 set. Kind of really sucks that you cant get a set of cards and a sketch for $50. When just a few years ago we got, boxes, box toppers, wrappers, puzzles, 5x7's, promos, sketches, printing plates(a chance at), tan backs, white backs, ludlows, 2 sets of cards(plus). All for $50 or less...presales were $45. I still don't get it?????  Brought to you by Ben Dover!

Jim

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 05:03:44 AM »
I think it was, as always the luck of the draw. My sketches were crap this time around. And it cost about the same $50 apiece. With a lot less swill. I like that!

$150 a set was a hard pill to swallow though for 1 set. Kind of really sucks that you cant get a set of cards and a sketch for $50. When just a few years ago we got, boxes, box toppers, wrappers, puzzles, 5x7's, promos, sketches, printing plates(a chance at), tan backs, white backs, ludlows, 2 sets of cards(plus). All for $50 or less...presales were $45. I still don't get it?????  Brought to you by Ben Dover!

Jim

I got a lot of really nice sketches last time.  Mostly I just missed the puzzle, so if that returns with Old School 7, I'll be thrilled.  Actually, if Topps offered a "Lost" Old School 6 puzzle I'd buy it.

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 12:22:44 PM »
I hear ya. It was great to get some nice sketches with OLDS6, but I'm ready to go back to getting all the paraphernalia like you mention - the boxes, puzzles, packs, etc. as well.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 03:01:00 PM »
I hear ya. It was great to get some nice sketches with OLDS6, but I'm ready to go back to getting all the paraphernalia like you mention - the boxes, puzzles, packs, etc. as well.

That would be great!

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 06:16:40 PM »
I don't think we will be able to get the boxes or packs again.

I will ask about them doing a wrapper card so it can sit on the top of the set and also about doing a series 6 puzzle/ checklist that they can offer. Puzzle would have to be Hacky Package Tattoos or Ugh! Stickers

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 07:48:44 AM »

I will ask about them doing a wrapper card so it can sit on the top of the set and also about doing a series 6 puzzle/ checklist that they can offer. Puzzle would have to be Hacky Package Tattoos or Ugh! Stickers

A wrapper card would be nice.

For an Old School 6 puzzle, I'd prefer Ugh! Stickers, unless the Hacky Package Tattoos can be enlarged to fill up the space - if that can be done, I'd choose that title for sure.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 07:50:25 AM by RawGoo »

Offline 7-Pup

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »
A subset for the next Old School series would be nice. A variety cereal title similar to Snatch-A-Pak in the base set to start. Take the mini titles with Snatch-A-Pak's 3 mini titles for the series subset.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2018, 02:59:00 PM »
cheep cheep

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 04:46:29 PM »
cheep cheep

You ain't kiddin', Mark.  Zero posts all day and night yesterday, not on any topic.  Not sure if I've ever seen that before, certainly not on a weekend.  But it is late summer, maybe folks are scrambling to take the kiddies on vacation or to beach weekends, before school rolls back around.

Offline 6_Fooey_Ounces

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 09:00:21 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKmRkS1os7k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKmRkS1os7k</a>

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »
Indeed.

Kind of bugs you, doesn't it?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:04:53 PM by Baked Bears »

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
Just received a freebie bronze in the mail from Topps for their GttM giveaway contest.
Better than crickets? hard to say.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 05:07:53 PM »
Just received a freebie bronze in the mail from Topps for their GttM giveaway contest.

(Image removed from quote.)

At least the crickets have nutrition in a pinch.

Jim

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 11:35:53 AM »
I keep checking on Tuesdays for the 80th Anniversary Cards Wacky Package Pack but .......nothing.  Are they saving Wackies for the last week?
Both Wackys and Star Wars. Those are the big guns that’ll keep people checking every week until the end.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2018, 02:50:33 PM »
I keep checking on Tuesdays for the 80th Anniversary Cards Wacky Package Pack but .......nothing.  Are they saving Wackies for the last week?

Great question!  I'm wondering about the same thing.  There are some nice cards I'd also like to order, but I've not been willing to spend the money on either the individual cards or posters.  Perhaps if a Wacky wrapper comes out, I'll buy it and a few others.  I think this is a nice series. but just a bit pricey for me to bite.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2018, 02:51:41 PM »

Great to hear you're beginning work on another series, Dave!  And, even if it's after the fact, a puzzle/checklist for OLDS6 would be a welcome bonus.  Glad to hear also of new online stuff, though my suspicions are raised based on some of the recent stuff Topps has put out.

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2018, 01:12:53 PM »
I received a second GttM giveaway card.
This one is so rare, the odds to get one weren't even posted on the wrappers!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
Kill the crickets!! Here's my hits from a blaster case.