Author Topic: Looking for FB1 Golds and FB2  (Read 11874 times)

Offline Campy

• work in progress
Looking for FB1 Golds and FB2
« on: August 14, 2010, 09:52:39 PM »
I will trade, including postcards and or buy at reasonable price FB1 golds # 13, 16,17,23,25,26,27,31,36,37,48,58,and 60.
PM me or call 260-710-1983

Thanks,
Mark

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Looking for FB1 Golds and FB2
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »
Mark, as many gold I have in my collection I don't have a single one you need. This is a huge endeavor and I wish you the best. Some of the golds sell for very little on ebay and that really bothers me because these cards are really hard to assemble as a set. I am sure others will chime in to get their prospective, but this is really a tough set!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 07:45:18 AM »
Mark, as many gold I have in my collection I don't have a single one you need. This is a huge endeavor and I wish you the best. Some of the golds sell for very little on ebay and that really bothers me because these cards are really hard to assemble as a set. I am sure others will chime in to get their prospective, but this is really a tough set!
It IS a truly tough set that only symbolized that collectors are so willing to "chase" something instead of admiring the art and ingenuity of the raw product, that Topps slapped on color borders akin to setting the rabbit loose to a bunch of greyhounds.  Unfortunately for folks who "invested" in these color border chasers, the value has dropped as demand is so incredibly low.  Maybe the "chase" need has been filled with sketches which at least are beautiful to the eye. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »
Yes, that seems to be the problem with the" industry", I collect wackys because I love to do so and it is something that I share with my boy's Chasing sets and trading is half the fun, those that collect as a business are in it for the wrong reasons, its the same with collecting art, buy what you like and you can not go wrong. If it was just about having a complete set I would have just spent the money and bought a complete set off of eBay or from Greg. Collecting is about the experience IMO! we will probably never complete this set but I am happy to say that we have a great time discussing it and I have made a few friends along the way!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:02:02 AM by Campy »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
Yes, that seems to be the problem with the" industry", I collect wackys because I love to do so and it is something that I share with my boy's Chasing sets and trading is half the fun, those that collect as a business are in it for the wrong reasons, its the same with collecting art, buy what you like and you can not go wrong. If it was just about having a complete set I would have just spent the money and bought a complete set off of eBay or from Greg. Collecting is about the experience IMO! we will probably never complete this set but I am happy to say that we have a great time discussing it and I have made a few friends along the way!
I think your approach to this is awesome!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »

I share your viewpoint exactly.  Collectors who make the majority of their collecting habits based on value or profitibilty are missing the whole point, and it shouldn't be the foundation of the hobby.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »
Collecting is about the experience IMO!
Although I concur with your general sentiments, I deviate to a degree. I believe it’s possible that a hermit living in a cave who only buys sets off of eBay and never cracks a pack or trades a single title can be a humongous fan. As a kid, my love for these stickers had nothing to do with trading or completing sets (yeah, I’m weird). The foundation of my “relationship” with the images on these stickers was based on the many hours they kept me company as I played by myself. The characters were my friends, although some of them scared me a bit. Especially the Bone Ami guy – he scared the crap out of me and we hung out a lot . . .  ^-^  

I realize "collecting" (verb) is a significant dynamic and aspect for many collectors, but not all.
The Bone Ami guy still scares me.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
No deviation, you collected what you wanted for entertainment. You and the hermit do not collect for the resale value or to make a profit. we all collect for different personal reasons and that's fine IMO I also believe it's possible that a hermit living in a cave who only buys sets off of eBay and never cracks a pack or trades a single title can be a humongous fan. He wouldn't be in business profiting off of Wacky fans. LOL;D

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 08:45:06 AM »
I will trade, including postcards and or buy at reasonable price FB1 golds # 13, 16,17,23,25,26,27,31,36,37,48,58,and 60.
PM me or call 260-710-1983

Thanks,
Mark

There is a bunch now on ebay. I am sure you have already looked them over.

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 10:05:43 AM »
Ya, wayyyyyy over priced

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »
see if he will sell off ebay and work out a deal for the ones you need.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »
Ya, wayyyyyy over priced
Almost everything he sells is on consignment basis.  He has ebay markup and consignment markup to deal with.  I just breeze by his auctions as I mostly troll now for "found" collections, not dealers flipping merchandise.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 12:45:30 AM »
The characters were my friends, although some of them scared me a bit. Especially the Bone Ami guy – he scared the crap out of me and we hung out a lot . . .  ^-^  

I realize "collecting" (verb) is a significant dynamic and aspect for many collectors, but not all.
The Bone Ami guy still scares me.

Bona Ami is a favorite of mine I've bought that same sticker numerous times.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »
Bona Ami is a favorite of mine I've bought that same sticker numerous times.
I may blowout stacks of 50 original series stickers of titles I have overstock such as Bon Ami, Neverready.  Watch for a For Sale listing in the future when I get around to pulling them all out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:46:11 PM by bandaches »

Offline Campy

• work in progress
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 06:45:24 PM »
GOLDS? :^)

Offline quas

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 08:12:19 AM »
Topps should issue a Bone Ami gold Wacky in honor of Mark Macaluso. I'm thinking of the gag photograph that was taken long ago of him selling one to a collector for a high price (Mark used to have a reputation, no doubt exaggerated, of overpricing everything).
Marc

Offline Corndog

• Corndog....the NEW Blunder
  • There's no need to fear, because Corndog is here.
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2022, 01:24:32 PM »
Does anyone have an EXTRA or be willing to part with their 'Blunder' Gold?

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 09:19:35 AM »
Topps should issue a Bone Ami gold Wacky in honor of Mark Macaluso. I'm thinking of the gag photograph that was taken long ago of him selling one to a collector for a high price (Mark used to have a reputation, no doubt exaggerated, of overpricing everything).

I remember buying a bunch of NRMT 1967 die-cuts from Mark for $7 each back in the 1990s and people thought those prices were high.  Now what are they selling for?  at least $30 each usually