Author Topic: 16th Series wacky packs  (Read 6646 times)

Offline wacky1

16th Series wacky packs
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:23:25 PM »
Just how rare are 16th series wacky packs? I keep trying to buy them on Ebay and somebody keeps outbidding me and paying around
$75 to $132 for each of these. They are raw and not PSA graded. Am I missing something here? Any opinions on the rarity are appreciated. To the guy with approx. 1055 Ebay feedbacks, give us poor guys a break and let us win an auction occasionally. Also, feel free to identify yourself and maybe we can not bid against each other all the time. 

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: 16th Series wacky packs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 04:51:58 AM »
They are the most expensive of the original series/card.

Three titles: Scoot, Garbage Can-dy, and Jungle are common and can be bought for ~$10-15. (Double prints)
Scoot that does not have its copyright, though, is worth ~$125+ likely.

I put all other titles at $50 on my price guide I believe, but it seems as though the market is up a bit, so take that with a grain of salt.

It is worth mentioning that some titles might be more desired and/or less seen on the market, driving up their value. Or, some may need a more seen card for the last in their set and will pay more for it.

Some titles that I think are a bit more uncommon and might sell for a bit more as a result are:
Old Grandmom
Fling Ems
Gillo Port
Sufferin

But, when I say these seem more uncommon, it doesn't mean they were printed less than any other of the non double print stickers. They just show up on the market less.

The entire set would likely sell for $1500-2000 depending on condition.

The puzzle can also sell for $400 on a good day, but not completely sure for average value.
To expand upon the puzzle, the right side always garners more value. The TR is always the most valuable piece. It can sell for ~$100+ alone.

Need any more info? Feel free to ask me or anyone else. (There's some on here who probably know more.)

Offline wacky1

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:32:18 AM »
Thanks for your detailed reply. The prices of these things on Ebay are getting a little crazy. One guy keeps bidding these things up and seems to want to "corner the market" on them.
I bet real money that it is a regular on this forum.

Thanks again for your time!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 07:41:52 AM »
Thanks for your detailed reply. The prices of these things on Ebay are getting a little crazy. One guy keeps bidding these things up and seems to want to "corner the market" on them.

Do you have any examples?  I just looked, and a raw Ram-A-Liar went for $30.

What titles are you looking for, and what condition?

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 03:08:40 PM »
Do you have any examples?  I just looked, and a raw Ram-A-Liar went for $30.

What titles are you looking for, and what condition?

I think he is looking for unopened packs.

Jim

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 05:30:34 PM »

Non resealed legit series 16 packs are worth more than $75 since the content value exceeds $75 so you are not going to have luck winning auction style series 16 pack auctions at that price regardless of a single hoarder.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline wacky1

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
Hi folks--Scoot-no copyright--one sold a week ago for $205. Another one sold a couple days ago for $213.

A fling-ems sold for $132 a month ago. Not psa graded.
Another fling-ems sold for $117 on June 28th.
On June 22nd, a fling-ems sold for $108
A grand-moms whiskey sold for $70 on June 28th.
A tipsy-roll and port wine sold for $203 for both.
Another Tipsy roll sold for $80 on June 5th.
A regal clown sold for $86 on June 5th.
A complete set of puzzle pieces sold for $460 on June 9th.

There are many more that sold for $60-75.
None of them are psa graded.

I am looking for FLingems, Tipsy roll plus many others. I don't need the 3 more common titles.

Thanks!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 04:07:03 AM »
Three days ago, a pair of both Scoots went for $211.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2018, 05:20:34 AM »
Three days ago, a pair of both Scoots went for $211.

Yeah. I suppose they are going up in value. Or, more are inclined to complete sets at the moment. It's hard for me to tell.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 05:23:58 AM »
Non resealed legit series 16 packs are worth more than $75 since the content value exceeds $75 so you are not going to have luck winning auction style series 16 pack auctions at that price regardless of a single hoarder.

True. I have 16th packs at $400 on my price guide. As Paul_Maul has said, though, the prices are volatile since they don't show up too often. I doubt they would go for less, unless it is a suspected reseal, rather for more.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2018, 07:07:52 AM »
Yeah. I suppose they are going up in value. Or, more are inclined to complete sets at the moment. It's hard for me to tell.

I noted the pair of Scoots going for $211 (that auction included BOTH versions) to show that the $205 no-copyright auction might have been high.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 03:53:31 PM »
I noted the pair of Scoots going for $211 (that auction included BOTH versions) to show that the $205 no-copyright auction might have been high.

Maybe a little high.  A Scoot W/C fair price is $15 to $20.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 10:52:09 AM »

This is the second time these 2 have been offered for sale. I bought the pair about a month ago and had to return for a refund. There was an issue with the N/C version that made it ungradable. A wrinkle along the right side border. Good luck to whomever bought them this time.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
This is the second time these 2 have been offered for sale. I bought the pair about a month ago and had to return for a refund. There was an issue with the N/C version that made it ungradable. A wrinkle along the right side border. Good luck to whomever bought them this time.

This is what scares me about selling raw cards on ebay - I cannot be dealing with returns and losing fees, shipping, etc, and worrying about bad feedback.  With people here I pretty much always say "if you hate it, send it back."

Offline wacky1

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2018, 03:44:15 PM »
Is anybody on this forum willing to sell 16th series wacky’s for a reasonable price? I am only looking for quality cards.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 06:19:14 PM »
This is what scares me about selling raw cards on ebay - I cannot be dealing with returns and losing fees, shipping, etc, and worrying about bad feedback.  With people here I pretty much always say "if you hate it, send it back."

My OS 1 - 16 collection is ungraded. I would be worried if I tried to sell any of them as I am sure there would be issues with grading etc.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 08:38:41 AM »
My OS 1 - 16 collection is ungraded. I would be worried if I tried to sell any of them as I am sure there would be issues with grading etc.
I look at it if you sell on eBay let it be known that there are flaws on them.  Take good pictures and do not claim they are mint.  I know of one person that buys cards like this and if they are not perfect grade able cards he asks for a refund.  You are just setting yourself up for problems doing that as 1,  yes most of the time EBay would side with the seller, however a bigger scam is when the buyer sends the cards back, they are not the cards you sent out.  This happens on multi card purchases. If you are a seller and you have a dick buyer who buys ands sends back for condition.  Open up a case against them that they switched cards. If you put pictures and describe accurately you should have no problems then. However there are the few that take advantage of the eBay rules.  Therefore on those people you should turn the tables.  If enough people complain about certain individuals buying then sending back, then the buyer will get banned.  Sorry there is no 2.  I just hate that people abuse other people for their own gain.  I will stick up for said people so it doesn't drag the hobby down with it all in the drive for a buck! 

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 02:00:39 PM »
I look at it if you sell on eBay let it be known that there are flaws on them.  Take good pictures and do not claim they are mint.  I know of one person that buys cards like this and if they are not perfect grade able cards he asks for a refund.  You are just setting yourself up for problems doing that as 1,  yes most of the time EBay would side with the seller, however a bigger scam is when the buyer sends the cards back, they are not the cards you sent out.  This happens on multi card purchases. If you are a seller and you have a dick buyer who buys ands sends back for condition.  Open up a case against them that they switched cards. If you put pictures and describe accurately you should have no problems then. However there are the few that take advantage of the eBay rules.  Therefore on those people you should turn the tables.  If enough people complain about certain individuals buying then sending back, then the buyer will get banned.  Sorry there is no 2.  I just hate that people abuse other people for their own gain.  I will stick up for said people so it doesn't drag the hobby down with it all in the drive for a buck!

Great tips.  No plans to sell my OS cards now but who knows in the future.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2018, 06:24:31 AM »
I don’t think it will be too difficult to sell a 16th series set raw for fair value. Series 3-10 are tough sets to sell raw because they are just so common.

Probably a good idea to take good photos of more valuable sets in case (as Joe warned) someone tries the old switcheroo.