Author Topic: " EBAY FEEDBACK "  (Read 15053 times)

Offline CherryBombs

" EBAY FEEDBACK "
« on: August 14, 2010, 05:34:43 PM »
I would like to ask everyone when feedback should be given as a buyer ???

Since collecting on Ebay I'm not sure when sellers should leave feedback for me as the buyer. This has only been an issue for me several times... but, I feel that because  I pay immediately within 12 hrs of the close... because of work.... and my feedback reflects that. The seller should leave that for me as soon as he receives payment. Some sellers you have to email to ask them to complete this part of the transaction and even then it takes them awhile. I'm trying to establish a solid reputation so each transaction is vital to me. Some sellers have refused to leave my feedback until I have left theirs even though I paid immediately. Any thoughts would be appreciated  ???

CherryBombs
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline CherryBombs

Re: " EBAY FEEDBACK "
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »
Expanding further on this topic... should a seller who doesn't communicate or respond to an email after the sale have that reflect in the feedback left for them ???

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »

Since collecting on Ebay I'm not sure when sellers should leave feedback for me as the buyer. This has only been an issue for me several times... but, I feel that because  I pay immediately within 12 hrs of the close... because of work.... and my feedback reflects that. The seller should leave that for me as soon as he receives payment. Some sellers you have to email to ask them to complete this part of the transaction and even then it takes them awhile. I'm trying to establish a solid reputation so each transaction is vital to me. Some sellers have refused to leave my feedback until I have left theirs even though I paid immediately. Any thoughts would be appreciated  ???

CherryBombs

I agree with you 100% that as a buyer who pays right away, the seller should leave feedback right away (or, at least, before you do).  I've heard others try to argue the opposite, but IMO, their argument comes down to "if you don't leave it first, how do I know I won't get screwed".  However, someone always has to be the first to leave feedback which, potentially, leaves them open to an unscrupulous person who will either ignore or give them unfairly negative feedback.  Since the buyer completes their part of the transaction first (as soon as payment is made), it seems fair to me that the seller should leave feedback first. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:02:42 PM »

CherryBombs

I believe as a seller you should wait for the buyer to leave feedback to make sure they are happy with their purchase. If I leave feedback right away as a seller then I have no recourse if the buyer wasn't happy with the transaction, they can leave negative feedback and then I wouldn't be able to leave negative feedback for them. Although this has changed in the last couple years where a seller can't leave negative feedback, I just feel this is the best way to handle it. I used to leave feedback for a buyer once they paid but that is when most paid by MO. Now everything is handled by Paypal.
I guess why stress this. If you are a seller then leave feedback once they leave you feedback and as a buyer always leave feedback once you receive the package and everything is acceptable. Nothing more to this whole thing.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 10:57:54 PM »
I believe as a seller you should wait for the buyer to leave feedback to make sure they are happy with their purchase. If I leave feedback right away as a seller then I have no recourse if the buyer wasn't happy with the transaction, they can leave negative feedback and then I wouldn't be able to leave negative feedback for them. Although this has changed in the last couple years where a seller can't leave negative feedback, I just feel this is the best way to handle it. I used to leave feedback for a buyer once they paid but that is when most paid by MO. Now everything is handled by Paypal.
I guess why stress this. If you are a seller then leave feedback once they leave you feedback and as a buyer always leave feedback once you receive the package and everything is acceptable. Nothing more to this whole thing.
I don't know many buyers and sellers living and dying on ebay feedback.  I scoop up the last month worth of transactions and go through the process of leaving feedback monthly.  I do believe sellers will never leave feedback until they get positive feed ie knowing the transction was completed cleanly.  That seems reasonable to me.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 11:17:28 PM »
I don't know many buyers and sellers living and dying on ebay feedback.  I scoop up the last month worth of transactions and go through the process of leaving feedback monthly.  I do believe sellers will never leave feedback until they get positive feed ie knowing the transction was completed cleanly.  That seems reasonable to me.

What do you mean living and dying by feedback? I have had several sellers emailing me asking why I didn't leave feedback. I deal quite a bit so some do fall through the cracks. Then I get a message asking me to leave feedback by the seller. I think quite a few take this pretty serious.
I think if you have over a 20+ rating with all positives you should be considered fine in my book. I am always puzzled if I don't get a feedback in, when the seller has a 1000+ rating, they want to know what is up with the feedback. It really is getting a bit bizarre but you can use feedback as an advantage when buying from you compared to others. If you have a 100% rating and the other seller has a 99% rating with the same product up for auction and the same price who would you feel more strongly with sending your cash? It's all about perception.

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »
I rarely sell on Ebay, I'm primarily a buyer.  I do my feedbacks about once every two weeks, and I am committed to always leaving proper feedback for my transactions. 

I'm not very observant as to whether or not I always get feedback from the sellers I deal with, though I feel I do more often than not.  I've got a 1,500+ 100% positive feedback at this point, so they've added up.   I have no issue with a seller waiting until I've left feedback, before they leave theirs.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline bandaches

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 01:46:23 PM »
What do you mean living and dying by feedback? I have had several sellers emailing me asking why I didn't leave feedback. I deal quite a bit so some do fall through the cracks. Then I get a message asking me to leave feedback by the seller. I think quite a few take this pretty serious.
I think if you have over a 20+ rating with all positives you should be considered fine in my book. I am always puzzled if I don't get a feedback in, when the seller has a 1000+ rating, they want to know what is up with the feedback. It really is getting a bit bizarre but you can use feedback as an advantage when buying from you compared to others. If you have a 100% rating and the other seller has a 99% rating with the same product up for auction and the same price who would you feel more strongly with sending your cash? It's all about perception.
If you already have several hundred feedbacks, what difference doesn 1, 2 or 10 more make?  Rarely does an exact same item come up for the exact same price between two sellers to the point where a buyer would even think about trying to choose between two sellers with 100% feedback, one with 425 rating and one with 1269 rating.....

I have never begged for feedback, never have followed up with any transaction on ebay to seek feedback.  I leave feedback about once per month in my review of my auctions.  The feedback system is a crock of crap as it is where sellers can't ding buyers so of course a seller won't leave feedback for a buyer until he/she gets the feedback from the buyer.

Also, do you really choose buying from someone with 100% feedback versus 99%? 

Kirk Daniel tried to leave me negative feedback after he won a $25 item from me and he blew off paying for it for 2 weeks.  He ignored my messages so I finally told him I planned to leave him negative feedback mainly just to get his attention(he was too clueless to know as a seller, I can't leave him negative feedback).  I filed for the transaction to be cancelled by ebay and they accepted it so I immediately offered the item to someone else who bought it.  Kirk suddenly decided to get active on it, tried to deny my cancellation request and suddenly tried to pay for the item.  I refunded his attempt to pay me and told him to get lost as I don't have time for his games as I had forgotten to block him from bidding on my auctions.  I had no idea he was so hard up for $25.  He then left me negative feedback.  I contacted ebay and within 2 minutes, they removed his negative feedback as he had no right to leave me negative feedback for a transaction that ebay had declared as mutually cancelled(it appears there are two bugs in the ebay system, one that allowed ebay to process a transaction as "mutally cancelled" before the other party actually responds and the 2nd is that ebay still gave the buyer a chance to leave feedback on a mutually cancelled transaction).

The point is, I potentially was going to have my first negative feedback thanks to Kirk and you can see clearly Kirk was the issue not me.  You really put that much credenance into 100% vs 99% when some 99% folks out there might have just strumbled across a buyer like Kirk knowing sellers often have little recourse when a buyer wants to leave negative feedback?

Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 03:13:41 PM »

I paid a lot of attention to feedback during my first year or so and then it faded away.  I can remember my 1st month on ebay when I would email people after a couple weeks asking them to leave feedback! LOL......seems silly to me that I did that.  Now I leave feedback once a month or so and I don't pay attention to who does or doesn't leave me feedback.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 11:51:45 AM »
I paid a lot of attention to feedback during my first year or so and then it faded away.  I can remember my 1st month on ebay when I would email people after a couple weeks asking them to leave feedback! LOL......seems silly to me that I did that.  Now I leave feedback once a month or so and I don't pay attention to who does or doesn't leave me feedback.
I had a guy email me daily to leave him feedback. I never thought much of requests for feedback. I kept telling him I catch up once every two weeks. I ran a little late this time. So he flipped out on me, cursing me, all kinds anger. Made no sense at all. The deal had gone just fine. It was his demand for feedback that cost him the feedback!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
I had a guy email me daily to leave him feedback. I never thought much of requests for feedback. I kept telling him I catch up once every two weeks. I ran a little late this time. So he flipped out on me, cursing me, all kinds anger. Made no sense at all. The deal had gone just fine. It was his demand for feedback that cost him the feedback!
I probably would have reacted like you did.  These folks who like to pressure everyone like we are all on their schedule can go fly a kite for all I am concerned.

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 02:23:15 AM »
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts.... that's all I wanted  :]

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 02:44:33 PM »
Speaking of eBay fee's - They SUCK! They are at about 9% now. I just looked at my account and with the stuff I sold last week I now owe Ebay $200 for fee's. WOW!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 03:36:30 PM »
Speaking of eBay fee's - They SUCK! They are at about 9% now. I just looked at my account and with the stuff I sold last week I now owe Ebay $200 for fee's. WOW!

Yep - with ebay's 9% and then paypal's 3%, they're getting 12% of all these transactions!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 03:38:44 PM »
Yep - with ebay's 9% and then paypal's 3%, they're getting 12% of all these transactions!

It's a killer! I just had to vent! :angry5:

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 04:29:07 PM »
On the "Bright-Side" if my math is correct you had around $2000 in sales...Not to shabby LOL!!! :great:
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

VX HYPERSPACE

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »

The maximum final value fee for auction-style listings is $50. For example, if you sell an item for $1,000, you’ll pay only $50, even though 9% of $1,000 is $90.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 04:46:59 PM »
The maximum final value fee for auction-style listings is $50. For example, if you sell an item for $1,000, you’ll pay only $50, even though 9% of $1,000 is $90.
I did not know that, not that it matters though as I'm strictly a collector (buyer) bit you never know someday I may part w/a lot of my swill...Doubes, mis-cuts etc..?? :^)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »

Well, it finally happened.  I recently received my first negative feedback.  I sold this guy a $10.00 set of ANS7 Foils, and he left me a negative saying most of the cards had bent corners.  I was very careful to weed-out all foils with bent corners before I built the sets, but the thing that makes me upset about this, is assuming he actually did get bent corners he never emailed me and gave me an opportunity to help him out!  I would have gladly sent him a new set no charge or given him a 100% refund.  I always use a "full refund" policy with everything I sell.

I asked him why he didn't contact me first, and he responded............ "i shouldnt have to send back thats a shipping charge id have to pay".  I then asked him why he assumed I would require him to send them back, or assume I wouldn't reimburse him for postage if he did send them back.  He then says........... "i will send back just to prove im right and i want cards no refund".  I told him it's too late for that.  The negative he left me can't be removed, and he still wants a refund?  He's nuts. 

I told him to do the eBay community a favor and don't leave a hasty negative to a seller without giving the seller an opportunity to make it right.  Ebay shouldn't even allow it if there hasn't been an attempt to contact the seller first. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
Well, it finally happened.  I recently received my first negative feedback.  I sold this guy a $10.00 set of ANS7 Foils, and he left me a negative saying most of the cards had bent corners.  I was very careful to weed-out all foils with bent corners before I built the sets, but the thing that makes me upset about this, is assuming he actually did get bent corners he never emailed me and gave me an opportunity to help him out!  I would have gladly sent him a new set no charge or given him a 100% refund.  I always use a "full refund" policy with everything I sell.

I asked him why he didn't contact me first, and he responded............ "i shouldnt have to send back thats a shipping charge id have to pay".  I then asked him why he assumed I would require him to send them back, or assume I wouldn't reimburse him for postage if he did send them back.  He then says........... "i will send back just to prove im right and i want cards no refund".  I told him it's too late for that.  The negative he left me can't be removed, and he still wants a refund?  He's nuts. 

I told him to do the eBay community a favor and don't leave a hasty negative to a seller without giving the seller an opportunity to make it right.  Ebay shouldn't even allow it if there hasn't been an attempt to contact the seller first. 

That STINKS! I have had a couple people buyers say it was exactly what they wanted and such but we generally get it solved with messages or replacements.
I think you can add a reply to the neg. You should check into it and explain.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2010, 11:32:54 AM »
Here is the latest series of replies, and this was after he left me a neg.............

HIM:  i will send back just to prove im right and i want cards no refund

ME:  It's too late now.  The negative you left me can't be removed.  You damaged me over a $10.00 item.  I can guarantee you one thing.......if you have several bent cards they didn't leave here that way because I removed all bent corners before putting the sets together.  Maybe they got bent in shipping and they could have been packaged better, I don't know, but I do know that I would never send out bent cards on purpose.  Just do the ebay community a favor and in the future give the seller an opportunity to make it right before you leave a hasty negative.  Is it really worth hurting an individual over 10 bucks?  I certainly don't. 

HIM:  my my what a comment FUCK U ASSHOLE YES THEY COULD HAVE PACKAGED BETTER I BEEN ON EBAY FOR 11 YEARS SO FUCK OFF U DESERVE WHAT U GOT JUST FOR YOUR ATTITUDE

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2010, 01:39:02 PM »
Here is the latest series of replies, and this was after he left me a neg.............

HIM:  i will send back just to prove im right and i want cards no refund

ME:  It's too late now.  The negative you left me can't be removed.  You damaged me over a $10.00 item.  I can guarantee you one thing.......if you have several bent cards they didn't leave here that way because I removed all bent corners before putting the sets together.  Maybe they got bent in shipping and they could have been packaged better, I don't know, but I do know that I would never send out bent cards on purpose.  Just do the ebay community a favor and in the future give the seller an opportunity to make it right before you leave a hasty negative.  Is it really worth hurting an individual over 10 bucks?  I certainly don't. 

HIM:  my my what a comment FUCK U ASSHOLE YES THEY COULD HAVE PACKAGED BETTER I BEEN ON EBAY FOR 11 YEARS SO FUCK OFF U DESERVE WHAT U GOT JUST FOR YOUR ATTITUDE

Guy has a short fuse... Doesn't give you a chance to fix the situation, gives you a negative, flips out psychotically, yet says you're the one with an attitude  :o
I wonder if it would be worth sending that dialog to eBay and ask them to remove the negative?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2010, 01:49:22 PM »
Guy has a short fuse... Doesn't give you a chance to fix the situation, gives you a negative, flips out psychotically, yet says you're the one with an attitude  :o
I wonder if it would be worth sending that dialog to eBay and ask them to remove the negative?

I did a little research on negatives and there are very few reasons you can get a negative removed.  If the actual negative that was left contained language like that they would remove it, but unfortunately it doesn't. I think I'm pretty much screwed.  The bottom-line is that not everything with a transaction is going to go perfect 100% of the time, but you can't do anything to fix it if you're not even made aware of the problem.

Offline Kook

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2010, 02:11:46 PM »
I did a little research on negatives and there are very few reasons you can get a negative removed.  If the actual negative that was left contained language like that they would remove it, but unfortunately it doesn't. I think I'm pretty much screwed.  The bottom-line is that not everything with a transaction is going to go perfect 100% of the time, but you can't do anything to fix it if you're not even made aware of the problem.

Ebay used to have a remediation process for negative. A few years back I got a retaliatory negative as a buyer because I left a negative to a seller for sending me a defective item and refusing to correct the situation. We mutually agreed to remove the negatives and he fixed the problem. I don't know if they eliminated this process since they have revamped their feedback system. Since you are a higher volume seller, you might want to contact ebay directly (by phone) to discuss the situation and try to preserve your perfect record.

BTW, what's the buyer's ID? I'd like to be aware for any potential future deals. Good luck.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 02:27:55 PM »
Ebay used to have a remediation process for negative. A few years back I got a retaliatory negative as a buyer because I left a negative to a seller for sending me a defective item and refusing to correct the situation. We mutually agreed to remove the negatives and he fixed the problem. I don't know if they eliminated this process since they have revamped their feedback system. Since you are a higher volume seller, you might want to contact ebay directly (by phone) to discuss the situation and try to preserve your perfect record.

BTW, what's the buyer's ID? I'd like to be aware for any potential future deals. Good luck.

I can't believe I forgot to mention his eBay ID!  That was one of the main reasons I posted my experience here.

It's.......... wwecardz , and I would recommend anyone that sells to block him from bidding.  This is a phrase from him on his 'ME" page......

"MY 8 NEGATIVES ARE ALL FROM NON PAYING BIDDERS EBAY WANTS THEM OFF BUT YOUR THE ONE THAT PAYS THATS NOT FAIR BUT ITS EBAY"

I researched the ebay support system and since I'm not at a "power seller" status I don't get phone support, and there is no mutual negatives anymore because sellers can't leave negatives on buyers anymore.  Based on the way he reacted getting him to do anything that helps me isn't going to happen.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2010, 05:42:28 PM »
I can't believe I forgot to mention his eBay ID!  That was one of the main reasons I posted my experience here.

It's.......... wwecardz , and I would recommend anyone that sells to block him from bidding.  This is a phrase from him on his 'ME" page......

"MY 8 NEGATIVES ARE ALL FROM NON PAYING BIDDERS EBAY WANTS THEM OFF BUT YOUR THE ONE THAT PAYS THATS NOT FAIR BUT ITS EBAY"

I researched the ebay support system and since I'm not at a "power seller" status I don't get phone support, and there is no mutual negatives anymore because sellers can't leave negatives on buyers anymore.  Based on the way he reacted getting him to do anything that helps me isn't going to happen.  Thanks for the suggestions though.

Rob, eBay situations like this really stink. I received a negative from someone that purchased an item (non Wacky) from me. The auction contained pictures and a lengthy description of the item. When the person received it, they said it wasn't what they expected. I was willing to refund payment when the item was returned but not postage. It was an audio-video receiver so this was not a trivial cost.  Just take comfort in the fact that no one is going to fault you for one negative on a record like yours. We all run into jerks like this eventually. Fortunately, the adage "time heals all negative feedback" is true on eBay.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:57 PM »
Thanks for the post. I've got this punk blocked.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 11:04:15 PM »
Too bad he doesn't sell a lot. We could all buy some super cheap auctions and hammer him with negatives.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 11:06:44 AM »
Rob, eBay situations like this really stink. I received a negative from someone that purchased an item (non Wacky) from me. The auction contained pictures and a lengthy description of the item. When the person received it, they said it wasn't what they expected. I was willing to refund payment when the item was returned but not postage. It was an audio-video receiver so this was not a trivial cost.  Just take comfort in the fact that no one is going to fault you for one negative on a record like yours. We all run into jerks like this eventually. Fortunately, the adage "time heals all negative feedback" is true on eBay.

I know, the thing that bugs me the most is I would have refunded him or sent him a new set, no questions asked.  I think I remember reading that eBay's new feedback policy includes that negatives get dropped out of your % after a year, so if you don't have another neg for a year you could dig deep and find it but your % would revert back to 100%.  I'll have to read up on that to see if I remember it accurately. 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »
I know, the thing that bugs me the most is I would have refunded him or sent him a new set, no questions asked.  I think I remember reading that eBay's new feedback policy includes that negatives get dropped out of your % after a year, so if you don't have another neg for a year you could dig deep and find it but your % would revert back to 100%.  I'll have to read up on that to see if I remember it accurately. 

Yep, I don't remember the exact time frames but the feedback is a rolling time timeframe. After enough time passes (I think it much less than a year), the negative drops off and you return to 100% positive. Still doesn't remove that sting when it first happens. Had me riled up for about a week or so.  :41:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 10:44:44 AM »
Bummer about the neg.  I have not had any yet, but I did get my first neutral a while back.  I hadn't noticed for a while.  When i saw it, i went back to find the comments and see what the buyer did not like.  Turns out he wrote something like "great products, shipped well and quickly."  So he gives that a neutral?  wtf?
Still looking for Series 17

Offline bandaches

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »
I didn't want to start another random thread called ebay anniversaries so I figured I would borrow this one.

I just got a note from ebay that today marks my 14th anniversary of using ebay.  I remember using ebay when it was nothing more than a west coast classfied ads like a craigslist.  Boy time flies eh?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 07:39:30 AM »
I didn't want to start another random thread called ebay anniversaries so I figured I would borrow this one.

I just got a note from ebay that today marks my 14th anniversary of using ebay.  I remember using ebay when it was nothing more than a west coast classfied ads like a craigslist.  Boy time flies eh?

I have been on ebay 13 years and I got nothing!! They do SUCK!!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07:29 AM »
I have been on ebay 13 years and I got nothing!! They do SUCK!!
Was today your 13 year anniversary?  I am thinking they just started this process of messaging people as I never got such messages for previous anniversaries.

I don't think ebay sucks.  In fact, without ebay, we wouldn't be able to find half the stuff we have in our collections and we would never be able to sell most of the junk we sel.  I am like the next guy, I want to pay them as little as possible but I sure do love the service they provide.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
Was today your 13 year anniversary?  I am thinking they just started this process of messaging people as I never got such messages for previous anniversaries.

I don't think ebay sucks.  In fact, without ebay, we wouldn't be able to find half the stuff we have in our collections and we would never be able to sell most of the junk we sel.  I am like the next guy, I want to pay them as little as possible but I sure do love the service they provide.

I've been on for 12 years and I totally agree that I love their service but hate the high fees. I would have never gotten back into Wacky's if it wasn't for ebay. I would also have a lot more money...LOL :great:

anything