Author Topic: Creepy Co. Merch  (Read 12640 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: Creepy Co. Merch
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 12:01:03 PM »
Nice email. I hope they take it to heart and create some items we can buy. Thanks for your efforts.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2018, 12:17:54 PM »
Nice with the email. I hope they actually pay attention to it.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
I follow Creepy Co. on Instagram. Here's an exchange on their post of the FANG Shirt.

esidor:
I dig the items you listed but was wondering if this will be an ongoing thing with new shirts released over time. Don’t take this the wrong way but with so many classic Wacky Packages I was kind of disappointed that there was just two shirts.....now I will go buy them.

creepycompany:
@esidor Thanks for your feedback! We only did two shirts to start out for a couple of reasons, main one being the market. Wacky isn’t as recognizable to a portion of our audience, by a very large margin. If money were no object for us, we’d have done dozens! Future releases will depend largely upon the response that we get to these. Hopefully in the meantime we can educate some folks on the things they missed because they were born a little late 😆 ✌️ - Kellie
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 02:28:11 PM »
I follow Creepy Co. on Instagram. Here's an exchange on their post of the FANG Shirt.

esidor:
I dig the items you listed but was wondering if this will be an ongoing thing with new shirts released over time. Don’t take this the wrong way but with so many classic Wacky Packages I was kind of disappointed that there was just two shirts.....now I will go buy them.

creepycompany:
@esidor Thanks for your feedback! We only did two shirts to start out for a couple of reasons, main one being the market. Wacky isn’t as recognizable to a portion of our audience, by a very large margin. If money were no object for us, we’d have done dozens! Future releases will depend largely upon the response that we get to these. Hopefully in the meantime we can educate some folks on the things they missed because they were born a little late 😆 ✌️ - Kellie

Perhaps you could tell them that response might be low, not because of lack of interest in Wackys and Wacky products like shirts, but because of the simplified art, not to mention the price?  If they were really well rendered, I could go for the price.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 03:36:45 PM »
Perhaps you could tell them that response might be low, not because of lack of interest in Wackys and Wacky products like shirts, but because of the simplified art, not to mention the price?  If they were really well rendered, I could go for the price.

Those are certainly good points.  For me, it was price and just the fact that it was a t-shirt (of which I already have so many).  It is curious about the simplified art, however.  I am torn as to whether to support the cause and pay $35 or $40 for another t-shirt when I already have so many and just hoping they come out with other non-t-shirt items.  I would happily load up on many of the other items they created with GPK images.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
For those who are curious, here's the reply I got to my email to Creepy (see a previous post I made for the actual email I sent):

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the input and feedback.  We're just "testing the waters" with this Wacky Pack launch.  Our GPK line also started out small and expanded to what it is today.  If the interest is there the same could happen.  It's also a Topps property license so we're still beholden to what they approve.

Stay creepy,
Jason

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 03:14:36 PM »
If the interest is there the same could happen.
Sounds like we could be victim of a Catch-22. The interest is there, but not for this specific stuff. Wrong message could be sent, causing an accidental death...

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 07:50:40 AM »
Sounds like we could be victim of a Catch-22. The interest is there, but not for this specific stuff. Wrong message could be sent, causing an accidental death...

Yes, that's exactly what I'm afraid of.  Same thing with Topps.  They release combo WP/GPK sets and then wonder why they don't sell.  Or release amateurish sets with lousy inserts and sales dip.  I guess the only upside is that I'm saving money, but I would happily give it to any company that produces quality Wacky items at a reasonable (and sometimes not even reasonable) price.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 01:42:03 PM »

I won't be spending money on iffy shirts to possibly cause cool ones to made.

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »
They are having a 20% off sale. Still pricey but a little better.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2018, 08:11:16 AM »
25% off through tonight, for those still thinking about these items.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2018, 03:38:56 PM »
Looks like it's around a 30% off sale at Creepy Co.

https://www.creepycompany.com/search?q=wacky%20packages*

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2019, 05:17:10 AM »
I see they are having a sale on throw blankets. Wish they had a Wacky Packages wrapper similar to this GPK one...

https://www.creepycompany.com/collections/v-day-blanket-plush-sale/products/garbage-pail-kids-wax-wrapper-throw-blanket

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline drono

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2019, 12:42:02 PM »
I see they are having a sale on throw blankets. Wish they had a Wacky Packages wrapper similar to this GPK one...

https://www.creepycompany.com/collections/v-day-blanket-plush-sale/products/garbage-pail-kids-wax-wrapper-throw-blanket

I'm no marketing guru, but I'd think you'd want a photo of the entire blanket somewhere on the page.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
I'm no marketing guru, but I'd think you'd want a photo of the entire blanket somewhere on the page.

The photo I added above of the whole blanket is on the page but its a display that changes pics every few seconds. Seems like if you aren't on the correct portion of the page with your cursor, it doesn't always change the picture.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2019, 01:27:55 PM »

"the throw comes complete with fold grunge"          :o

never heard that term before

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2019, 07:18:38 PM »

I think I emailed them asking about producing more Wacky items.  They have some awesome GPK stuff and I believe the only Wacky item was the three enamel pins (which I did buy when they had a sale).  A wacky blanket would be fabulous!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2019, 09:13:55 AM »
I believe the only Wacky item was the three enamel pins
Fang and Cult 45 shirts, too.