Author Topic: 4th of July  (Read 17698 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: 4th of July
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2018, 03:11:04 PM »
did you get all six GPK in your set? my order only had three, a random A or B card for each of the titles. I've heard others have had the same issue

Offline WACKY MIKE

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2018, 06:12:19 PM »
I got three GPK and the two Wackys. Since I don't care about the GPK and only wanted the Wackys, I am not going to bother complaining to Topps.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
From posts I've seen on facebook looks like a lot of people got screwed out of some cards.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2018, 07:45:09 PM »
Seems we all have the same issue!
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2018, 08:11:51 PM »
So what's to be done?  Was the deal for an 8 card set?  2 Wackys and 3 x 2 GPKs?  If so, Topps should make good on it if they charged for an 8 card set.  (I would think that the GPK collectors must be furious.)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2018, 03:39:46 AM »
So what's to be done?  Was the deal for an 8 card set?  2 Wackys and 3 x 2 GPKs?  If so, Topps should make good on it if they charged for an 8 card set.  (I would think that the GPK collectors must be furious.)

Yes, it was supposed to be 2 Wackys and 6 GPK cards (both the A and B versions of three different GPK paintings).  The GPK collectors must certainly be beyond furious, as they don't consider a set complete unless it includes all the A and B versions.  Topps may just end up sending everyone a replacement set - if that happens I hope they'll also send the Wackys, so there will be extras on ebay and maybe I'll finally find some at a reasonable price.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2018, 04:02:36 AM »
Still waiting on my set. When did these arrive? I paid for this set with PP on 7/4. It does not show up in my Topps acct info.  I just emailed them my order ID. I have a feeling I will just get a refund as they won't have extras.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:14:40 AM by DrDeal »

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2018, 06:09:35 AM »
Only got 3 of the GPK also.  :-\

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2018, 06:33:48 AM »
I have a feeling I will just get a refund as they won't have extras.
it's all print-on-demand with digital files, so they can easily create additional cards

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2018, 06:49:14 AM »
I have three missing GPKs and the Wackys are scratched:

Contacted TOPPS. We'll see what they have to say.
Brian Mc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »
My set came today.  Missing 3 GPK's. Put the 3 I received on the bay. Hopefully someone will purchase them. Nice work Topps!  I do like the Wacky's.    ;)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2018, 10:35:17 AM »
My set came today.  Missing 3 GPK's. Put the 3 I received on the bay. Hopefully someone will purchase them. Nice work Topps!  I do like the Wacky's.    ;)

Did you get all A or B versions, or a mix?  I think Topps is looking at an avalanche of complaints next week, seeing as how their customers were expecting 8 cards for their $30, and they only got 5.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
Did you get all A or B versions, or a mix?  I think Topps is looking at an avalanche of complaints next week, seeing as how their customers were expecting 8 cards for their $30, and they only got 5.

The GPKs that I received were 1a, 2b, and 3a.
Brian Mc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
The GPKs that I received were 1a, 2b, and 3a.

This is an inherent problem with time limited sales where customers don't get their orders in time to order more.  In this case, I don't believe Topps meant to only include 3 of the 6 GPKs; I think it was probably a mistake that they will have to rectify.  But, this was the one thing I remember commenting about for the last Old School set with the 1 week sales window - if you didn't get all the pencil cards or special backs in your order (which were not promised), you couldn't go back and order more in hopes of getting the missing cards.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 11:16:03 AM by RawGoo »

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2018, 01:47:30 PM »

I received 1b,  2b,  3a     So it looks like everyone got a different mix and everyone got one of 1,2,3.

Topps needs to make this right.

Offline bwing

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2018, 08:41:59 AM »
Received my order yesterday - also only got 3 GPK.

I emailed Topps customer service to hopefully resolve,

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
This is an inherent problem with time limited sales where customers don't get their orders in time to order more.  In this case, I don't believe Topps meant to only include 3 of the 6 GPKs; I think it was probably a mistake that they will have to rectify.  But, this was the one thing I remember commenting about for the last Old School set with the 1 week sales window - if you didn't get all the pencil cards or special backs in your order (which were not promised), you couldn't go back and order more in hopes of getting the missing cards.

That's a tough one because these sets are designed to be in the moment sets. Reflecting a certain event like a holiday or an awards show. For Old School that's a different matter though. I did recently talk to them about having them stay on sale for at least two weeks. Will LYK what they say.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2018, 02:50:38 PM »
Received Email that there will be another order to replace the one's I'm missing.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »
That's a tough one because these sets are designed to be in the moment sets. Reflecting a certain event like a holiday or an awards show. For Old School that's a different matter though. I did recently talk to them about having them stay on sale for at least two weeks. Will LYK what they say.

That's nice to hear, and is appreciated, but if it takes longer for the Old School sets to be delivered than the purchase window, it won't help.

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2018, 03:45:23 PM »
Received Email that there will be another order to replace the one's I'm missing.
I haven't received a response yet to the issue I submitted, but good to hear they are working on it for folks

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2018, 03:16:38 AM »

No reply yet. I hope to hear soon. Great to know they are on it.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2018, 03:37:48 AM »
Anyone else send an email and hear back yet? I sent it last weekend and nothing yet.

Offline cmgmd

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2018, 04:13:30 AM »
I also sent an email with no response.  Called customer service yesterday and referenced the email. Within an hour, I received an email from Topps that an order containing the missing cards was on the way.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2018, 03:03:01 PM »
I also sent an email with no response.  Called customer service yesterday and referenced the email. Within an hour, I received an email from Topps that an order containing the missing cards was on the way.

I sent another email today but will call on Monday. They obviously do not read their emails.

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2018, 03:44:31 PM »
I sent another email today but will call on Monday. They obviously do not read their emails.
I'm reading the same with GPK collectors. The few that called have gotten immediate responses for replacements. Anyone that just sent an email is SOL. I'm calling Monday as well.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2018, 04:37:21 PM »
Anyone that just sent an email is SOL. I'm calling Monday as well.

Jeez, guess I'll be calling, too  :-\

Why have the email option if you're not going to bother reading them? Why does TOPPS suck so bad?!?
Brian Mc

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2018, 05:47:52 PM »
Jeez, guess I'll be calling, too  :-\

Why have the email option if you're not going to bother reading them? Why does TOPPS suck so bad?!?

BUT,  you get an immediate email notification letting you know they received your email. So nice of them!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2018, 08:29:53 AM »
BUT,  you get an immediate email notification letting you know they received your email. So nice of them!

IKR? Egads
Brian Mc

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2018, 09:53:30 AM »
Perhaps if Topps isn't prepared to fill in our missing extra cards, we can swap amongst
ourselves?

i.e. I got all "Leif Guards," no "Copper Tony" at all. 
A few "Charles Coal" but mostly "Gus Grill"
and then I was evenly split with "Emma" and "Emmets"

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »

Don't forget the 10,000 emails you get for shit we don't want!

Jim

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
i.e. I got all "Leif Guards," no "Copper Tony" at all. 
I believe that *everyone* received just Leif Guard and not the other. Topps was just so damn proud about correcting the spelling of both words, that they made sure everyone got one.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »
I believe that *everyone* received just Leif Guard and not the other. Topps was just so damn proud about correcting the spelling of both words, that they made sure everyone got one.

Funny you should joke about that.....it seems Copper Tony printed as Cooper Tony....
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2018, 11:07:06 AM »
I got my two WPs and only one of each GPK (1b, 2a and 3a)

UGHHHHH

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2018, 07:22:34 AM »
Just called. The guy said they would send the missing cards and tried to shoo me off the phone. I said, "Wait, the Wacky Packages were scratched. What about them?". He said, "So your saying the ENTIRE PACKAGE was damaged?". I said, "No. Wacky Packages are trading cards that are also produced by TOPPS (duh?). There were two Wacky Packages in this set, and they are scratched/damaged. I paid premium dollars for these and I don't want damaged cards."

I referenced the email (incident #) and told him that I even sent a picture of the damages. I asked if those emails even get looked at. No answer, he just moved on to processing my request. Sigh.

So, they wanted the scratched Wackys back and emailed me a return mail label.

We'll see how it all turns out.
Brian Mc

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2018, 10:29:02 AM »
I received my missing 3 cards today.

anything