Author Topic: Curious question to ask  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Rabanv

Curious question to ask
« on: June 25, 2018, 05:36:58 PM »
I noticed on Ebay someone for quite awhile has had a entire set of all 56 1967 die cuts which includes the extra 12 titles which ha is asking $57,000.00 for.I wonder if anyone  would have that kind of money to buy the entire run?IT remains to be seen.

Offline Rabanv

Re: Curious question to ask
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 06:06:44 PM »
I apologize for my spelling.I meant to say he asking for(Lol).The entire run of the 56 die cuts looks very good.I do believe most of them are graded PSA 6 or 7.Unfortunately I could not afford his asking price.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 02:27:30 AM »
I apologize for my spelling.I meant to say he asking for(Lol).The entire run of the 56 die cuts looks very good.I do believe most of them are graded PSA 6 or 7.Unfortunately I could not afford his asking price.

Actually, most of them are PSA 8 or higher.  If I win the lottery, this might be my first purchase   :P

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 03:22:41 AM »
The description shows the grades and when he got better ones.

I don't even believe these are worth this much, right? I would think if this went up for auction it might get to 30k-40k, but I'm not sure. RawGoo would know better than me.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 03:24:45 AM »
I'm highly tempted!  It's the $29.95 expedited shipping cost that turns me off, however.

Offline quas

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 05:33:29 AM »
The description shows the grades and when he got better ones.

I don't even believe these are worth this much, right? I would think if this went up for auction it might get to 30k-40k, but I'm not sure. RawGoo would know better than me.

I agree with your estimate.  Sold individually they might add up to more, but as a group I don't think the asking price will be met.  Of course the seller may accept an offer of much less.
Marc

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 05:52:41 AM »
And that my friends is the definition of "it is only worth what someone will pay".

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2018, 10:27:35 AM »
I agree with your estimate.  Sold individually they might add up to more, but as a group I don't think the asking price will be met.  Of course the seller may accept an offer of much less.

I agree with selling individually, especially dealing with ones like Grave Train 6, Duzn't 2, 6Up 23, etc.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »
He knows what he’s doing, that has been proven over the course of over a decade.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 01:39:56 PM »
...but the set is still overpriced, and he knows that.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2018, 01:45:19 PM »
He knows what he’s doing, that has been proven over the course of over a decade.

Yes, you know more about PSA pricing than most of us. I want to hear your ballpark.

He might know what he's doing, but that doesn't justify the price. You made a second comment stating basically this, and saying that he knows that. But, I believe this is even driving off buyers. Even individually, I am sure people would be glad to offer. But, people could be discouraged when a price is too high for they might believe the offer may not be good enough. An insult, per se. I think if the price was around 30k, someone would have offered a bit lower and he would have accepted it. That's just my honest opinion.

I just feel like he doesn't know what he's doing in the sense that the price is driving away buyers.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2018, 01:56:39 PM »
I’m just saying he has a lot of experience selling graded wackys and die cuts in particular on eBay. So I would imagine he’s doing it for a reason, if only to advertise that all of these are available should he want to sell them individually. And he may not have the flexibility to sell them as cheaply as you suggest. He has historically been willing to be patient.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2018, 03:55:08 PM »
If I win the lottery, this might be my first purchase
Me, too. My second purchase would be my coffin, as my wife would kill me.

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2018, 04:30:35 PM »
I’m just saying he has a lot of experience selling graded wackys and die cuts in particular on eBay. So I would imagine he’s doing it for a reason, if only to advertise that all of these are available should he want to sell them individually. And he may not have the flexibility to sell them as cheaply as you suggest. He has historically been willing to be patient.

Might he be inviting solicitations for off-ebay sales?
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »
Might he be inviting solicitations for off-ebay sales?

I'm sure he is.

Offline Rabanv

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »
Some buyers may feel that $57,000.00 is a greedy  price but than again anyone does have the right to ask whatever they want and he being a very patient dealer may eventually find someone who does have that kind of money and can  afford to buy the entire 1967  die cut collection.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2018, 08:31:33 PM »
Some buyers may feel that $57,000.00 is a greedy price...

Greedy has no meaning in this context. We don’t know how much he has into this set, how could we call his asking price greedy? As you say, let him ask what he wants, and let people offer what they want. A very simple system which works for both sides.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 12:26:17 AM »
Greedy has no meaning in this context. We don’t know how much he has into this set, how could we call his asking price greedy? As you say, let him ask what he wants, and let people offer what they want. A very simple system which works for both sides.

I agree, greedy is the wrong word here.  "Expensive" fits, but putting together all 56 in nice shape takes a lot of time, money and effort, and there are a lot of high-grade cards in this set; it should be expected to be expensive.