Author Topic: Political cartoon mentioning a Wacky Package name  (Read 3966 times)

Offline dth1971

Political cartoon mentioning a Wacky Package name
« on: May 02, 2018, 05:27:44 AM »
I just saw this political cartoon recently, it mentions a 1967/original first sticker series Wacky Packages name:

Offline chipereno

Re: Political cartoon mentioning a Wacky Package name
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »
Gosh i think the Jail O dude kinda looks like Cosby

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 09:49:28 PM »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 08:48:31 PM »

"La, la, la, gonna had a bad time.."

Offline mikecho

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 07:35:37 PM »
And do you know what the really bad thing about this is as far as I can see?

A little while back, Warner Brothers Records and Geffen Records (the latter of which, I found out, is now a division of WB) released a whole lot of Bill Cosby's old comedy albums on CD, all of them for the first time. The WB releases were:

Bill Cosby Is A Very Funny Fellow - Right! (1963)
"I Started Out As A Child" (1964)
Why Is There Air? (1965)
Wonderfulness (1966)
Revenge (1967)
To Russell, My Brother, Whom I Slept With (1968)
200 M.P.H. (1968)
It's True! It's True! (1969)
The Best of Bill Cosby (1969)
Cosby and the Kids (1986) (the second part of a double album called Cosby and the Kids/Cosby Classics)

And the Geffen releases were:

When I Was A Kid (1971)
Inside the Mind of Bill Cosby (1972)
Fat Albert (1973)

WB has only two more albums left to release:

More of the Best of Bill Cosby (1970)
Cosby Classics (1986) (the first part of the double album previously mentioned)

And Geffen has only one more album:

For Adults Only (1972)

In case you're wondering by now "And your point is?", well, here it is. Those three albums should've been released on CD a long time ago, but they weren't-and they still haven't been. But, now that Cosby's career has been, for all intents and purposes, ruined beyond any and all hope of repair, I'm beginning to think that I'll never get these albums on CD and, thus, never finish my collection. The most that I can hope for is that they'll release them after he's dead, but I'm not even sure that they'll even do that. I'm even beginning to wonder if they'll ever be released at all. I don't know-what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:54:29 PM by mikecho »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 07:01:32 AM »

I'm beginning to think that I'll never get these albums on CD and, thus, never finish my collection.

Anxiety is often a symptom of collectors OCD that can leave a person feeling forlorn, hopeless, and despondent.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 07:29:38 AM »
I don't know-what do you guys think?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 10:16:39 AM »
Since those are compilation and ‘best of’ albums, all those tracks are probably captured on the other CDs already. If so, likely nothing is actually unreleased?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 12:42:24 PM »
Anxiety is often a symptom of collectors OCD that can leave a person feeling forlorn, hopeless, and despondent.
That's a good one! Actually, I'm none of those things at all. I'm just someone who likes to finish what I start.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
Since those are compilation and ‘best of’ albums, all those tracks are probably captured on the other CDs already. If so, likely nothing is actually unreleased?
Actually, only the WB albums are greatest-hits albums. The Geffen album is original material taken from a show that Cosby did in Las Vegas in the early 1970s.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 12:49:56 PM »

That's a good one too, BB. I'd use one of those things, too-if I still had one and the LP versions of my albums, plus the missing ones. Unfortunately, all those things went the way of the dodo a long time before now.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:52:17 PM by mikecho »

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 04:48:09 PM »
That's a good one too, BB. I'd use one of those things, too-if I still had one and the LP versions of my albums, plus the missing ones. Unfortunately, all those things went the way of the dodo a long time before now.

But you could search out the LPs - and then find somebody with a turntable who could then record them and burn them onto CDs.  In this case, IMO, something is better than nothing at all.  At least for the time being.

Case in point.  I have several images of "lost" WP-like parodies that I've gleaned from various sources, especially the forum.  Of course, I would LOVE to see them printed as cards.  It is highly unlikely, though, that some of them ever will be.  So, even though digital images or home printed images wouldn't be my first choice, I'd rather have these than nothing at all.  (Remember how excited you were upon viewing the digital lost "Avatar" parody?)