Author Topic: Wacky Packages Quizzes  (Read 5152 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

Wacky Packages Quizzes
« on: April 29, 2018, 01:30:27 PM »
I have created a few Wacky Packages quizzes via Sporcle.

https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/markcavich/wacky-packages-quizzes

I believe that link should take you to my playlist.

You basically get hints on the left side, and you respond by typing your answer. You don't have to go in order or select a specific one to answer at a time.

Enjoy!

Offline bigtomi

Re: Wacky Packages Quizzes
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 03:03:39 PM »
Mark, pretty neat. Just one comment: in quiz 1, "the first title in the 16th series" is ambiguous, I didn't know if you meant alphabetically or on the checklist (the latter was the case). You might want to clarify that one, in fairness.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 02:31:32 AM »
Mark, pretty neat. Just one comment: in quiz 1, "the first title in the 16th series" is ambiguous, I didn't know if you meant alphabetically or on the checklist (the latter was the case). You might want to clarify that one, in fairness.

Noted.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 08:42:04 AM »
It would also be nice if you could move on to the next question and come back to a previous one.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 12:04:09 PM »
It would also be nice if you could move on to the next question and come back to a previous one.

I am not sure what you mean. The format is as though you can answer to any of the five hints in any order by typing the answer into the start box. Could you specify?

I might have made a mistake with the chosen template, though. I chose "classic" rather than "multiple choice" in the beginning, and the latter would probably be preferred. Will have to experiment.

EDIT:
I created a 4th quiz and used the multiple choice format. While it is easier in a sense, the format is much easier and simpler to navigate. I might try to redo the first three this way if at all possible.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:20:58 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 12:58:39 PM »
I am not sure what you mean. The format is as though you can answer to any of the five hints in any order by typing the answer into the start box. Could you specify?

I might have made a mistake with the chosen template, though. I chose "classic" rather than "multiple choice" in the beginning, and the latter would probably be preferred. Will have to experiment.

EDIT:
I created a 4th quiz and used the multiple choice format. While it is easier in a sense, the format is much easier and simpler to navigate. I might try to redo the first three this way if at all possible.

Enjoy!

Pretty cool. I like the simpler multiple choice format, but as you stated, it is easier.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 03:25:51 PM »
My mistake, I thought they had to be entered in order.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 08:26:17 AM »
A sixth quiz has been added.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 04:21:12 PM »
Speaking of quizzes:  I was wondering if anybody might have a copy of the quiz I did many years ago on Greg's forum?  The quiz was titled "Wacky Pack School" and I believe that Dave Schmidt (Paul Maul) was the winner.  I can't find any of the questions any longer on my computer and it appears that all the messages on Greg's forum are gone now.  If anybody saved those questions, I would love to get a copy of them.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 04:48:26 PM »
Speaking of quizzes:  I was wondering if anybody might have a copy of the quiz I did many years ago on Greg's forum?  The quiz was titled "Wacky Pack School" and I believe that Dave Schmidt (Paul Maul) was the winner.  I can't find any of the questions any longer on my computer and it appears that all the messages on Greg's forum are gone now.  If anybody saved those questions, I would love to get a copy of them.
that was a great quiz with questions from somewhat easy to really mischievous.
I was hoping I had a copy, but I'm thinking I might have printed a hardcopy to work from and never had an electronic version. Hope it's found!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 05:32:33 PM »
Unfortunately I’m pretty sure I submitted my answers via PM, and I didn’t keep the questions.

Offline freetoes

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 07:39:32 PM »
"Logically speaking, what were the first five Wacky titles ever seen by the public?"

I'm not sure if it was you or Scott Broberg who came up with this, but this Wacky quiz question stands out in my mind.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 09:07:18 AM »
"Logically speaking, what were the first five Wacky titles ever seen by the public?"

I'm not sure if it was you or Scott Broberg who came up with this, but this Wacky quiz question stands out in my mind.
That was a Scotty B quiz question.  Honestly, I can hardly remember any of my questions now!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Online sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 01:53:16 PM »

I was not on the previous forum (Greg's ?) so my curiosity is peaked. Is the intended answer the 5 Wacky Packages shown on the 1967 Die-Cut release box?

aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 02:28:54 PM »
I was not on the previous forum (Greg's ?) so my curiosity is peaked. Is the intended answer the 5 Wacky Packages shown on the 1967 Die-Cut release box?
hopefully piqued as well.  ;)

you got it, the 5 titles on the box
there was a good range fun brain teasers, set out as math, band, recess, history(?), etc.
I recall one was something like "What is the next number in this sequence:  15, 19, 21, ?"

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 03:56:42 PM »
hopefully piqued as well.  ;)

you got it, the 5 titles on the box
there was a good range fun brain teasers, set out as math, band, recess, history(?), etc.
I recall one was something like "What is the next number in this sequence:  15, 19, 21, ?"
Didn't Gadzooka and Ratz appear before 1967 on other topps formats?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline freetoes

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2018, 07:13:24 PM »
Ratz was also a Foney Ad. Several other Wacky titles appear on their checklist.

http://www.lostwackys.com/odd-stuff/foney.htm

Offline freetoes

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »

I remember if you gave up and went with the first five numbered dies, you got credit for two, since Camals and Campy were Nos. 4 and 5.

Offline freetoes

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2018, 07:36:29 PM »
That was a Scotty B quiz question.  Honestly, I can hardly remember any of my questions now!

I don't recall the actual numbers you used, but one question ran something like this:

"Let's play a game. In this game, 1 and 2 are worth 5, but 5 is worth 1."

Offline freetoes

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 06:14:10 PM »
Referring of course to the 1994 Wacky Pogs, an obscure product I don't remember ever seeing in real life.