Author Topic: ALL NEW TOPPS "ATTACKY PACKAGES" SET NOW AVAILABLE!!!  (Read 37402 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: ALL NEW TOPPS "ATTACKY PACKAGES" SET NOW AVAILABLE!!!
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2018, 03:32:23 AM »
RELEASE the ORIGINAL Series 1-16 as a Kickstarter with the Alternates, like Choke Wagon, Spit N Spill, etc., in the Mars Attack style and it will F***ING SELL A HUUUUUGE!!!! Amount!!!!!

#StayWacky

I agree with this!!!!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2018, 05:38:06 PM »
3 more MAO mashups! At least one if these is a version 2.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2018, 10:21:28 AM »
3 more MAO mashups! At least one if these is a version 2.

They're in the list now!

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2018, 05:01:21 PM »
You seem like you might be on the fence about another set ;) . Seriously, I've already proposed a followup, so we'll see what happens...in the meantime, here's another Attacky Packages sketch for your amusement...

That is so damned good. 
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2018, 04:35:41 PM »
That is so damned good.
It's finger flinging good!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »
3 more diecut mashups -

Offline mikecho

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2018, 10:54:50 PM »
3 more diecut mashups -

Once again, they're on the list!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2018, 04:02:24 AM »
Haven't heard anything about these in a long time. Did Neil finally run out of ideas after all this time?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2018, 04:04:53 AM »
Haven't heard anything about these in a long time. Did Neil finally run out of ideas after all this time?

Nope!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2018, 04:21:38 AM »
Nope!
Good! I was hoping that we'd get some more! Bring 'em on, please!

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2018, 10:18:00 AM »
Word.
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline mikecho

« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2019, 06:56:56 AM »
Neil, any plans for a new set of these? There's a whole lot more of them that can be done that haven't been done - yet (see p. 3, Reply #89 (5-27-18)).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:49:41 PM by mikecho »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2019, 03:44:15 PM »
Neil, any plans for a new set of these? There's a whole lot more of them that can be done that haven't been done - yet (see p. 3, Reply #89).

Realistically, the best way to make another set is to write your favorite Topps editor and tell them you want to see more Attacky Packages. And I agree, there's plenty of really great ideas still to be made!

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »
And on that note while you’re writing them...ask for a Mars Attacks Old School Set to be made. Get back to the darker pulpy art. This is why the original set stands alone. New sets have been too comical and have been taken in the wrong direct art-wise.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2019, 06:54:19 PM »
And on that note while you’re writing them...ask for a Mars Attacks Old School Set to be made. Get back to the darker pulpy art. This is why the original set stands alone. New sets have been too comical and have been taken in the wrong direct art-wise.
Topps already did this three times - Mars Attacks Archives in 1994, the Mars Attacks Screamin' model kit cards in 1995 (which, I think, were meant to be connected with Archives, since they used the same story line that was being used at the time) and Mars Attacks Heritage in 2012, the 50th anniversary year of the series. In the cases of Archives and Heritage they even added in 21 deleted cards from back then that didn't make the final cut - 11 in Archives and 10 in Heritage, for a grand total of 85 cards in all, including the nine model kit cards (in the case of the 21 deleted cards in Archives and Heritage, however, I think that if Topps had put all of those cards in with the Classic 55 and made it the Classic 76, those concerned parents and teachers wouldn't have been satisfied with just pulling the Mars Attacks cards off of the shelves, they'd have wanted each and every one of them completely and totally destroyed - and they would not rest until it was done).

And Mars Attacks: The Revenge! actually picked up Mars Attacks: The Original Version (as I call it) in 2017, the 55th anniversary of the series, five years after the first story ended (the two stories took place in 1962 and 1967, respectively) and it was great! I didn't see anything comical about that series. In fact, one part that I liked about it is that we finally found out what happened to that captured Martian soldier from card 25 of the Classic 55! In fact, I don't even think that, back in 1962, Topps even conceived that the story would ever be continued beyond Mars' destruction (however, whether or not they'll actually make a third series, 60th anniversary in 2022 or otherwise, remains to be seen...although I wouldn't mind if they stopped it right now, depending on how the second series actually did in the end - in other words, we make up the third act (by the way, was the second series a success or not? Please let me know)).

Now, if Topps would just tell us if they're ever going to continue Mars Attacks: The Second Version (i.e., Mars Attacks: Invasion (2013) and Mars Attacks: Occupation (2016)) beyond that point and maybe even finish it off...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:07:35 PM by mikecho »

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2019, 07:40:29 PM »
The problem with the re releases is that the small subsets were the best part. The main sets weren’t that great. I have all the MA sets and took part in the MA Kickstarter set. All I’m saying is that the set needs to be simplified and go back to basics. The art in the MA Revenge Set was better it still wasn’t great and still lacked the classic feel. How they released the set as a boxed set was dumb. Also the set had way too many border variations and the pencil set shouldn’t have been repeated in all border colours. It should have just been a subset. They could even just release it as a online set similar to what’s being done with the WP Old School sets. Simple classic sets with some variations and the ability to complete the entire set. Forget all the medallion and patch chase cards. It should all be about the art and the history of the set. Darker colours and a nostalgic feel to it.

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2019, 11:18:25 PM »
Hey Neil or anyone else out there. Is there any info on a new Mars Attacks set or maybe another MA/Wacky mash up set? The last MA/WP was brilliant!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2019, 07:27:31 AM »
Neil,

I have put this idea out there in the past - They should release the original series 1-16, expect all re-done in the WP / MA theme!

I am in for a COMPLETE set with puzzle / checklists - who needs a mortgage payment..... MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline mikecho

« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2019, 01:02:17 PM »
Hey Neil or anyone else out there. Is there any info on a new Mars Attacks set or maybe another MA/Wacky mash up set? The last MA/WP was brilliant!
That's right, Neil; there's a whole list of parodies back there on pg. 3 in Reply #89 just itching to be published!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:05:02 PM by mikecho »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2019, 08:40:09 AM »
Is there a Mars landing in our future? 8)

Offline Dr.M

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2019, 09:47:32 AM »
Fingers crossed! Also hoping the future comes sooner than later 😁

Offline mikecho

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »
Just updated my list of non-made Attacky Packages on pg. 3 for the first time in a long time!

If you care to look, all of the Attackys on the list that have been released have been marked with an asterisk. If a name's been changed, it's been noted.

Thanks, Neil! However, there's a lot more to go!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 05:53:45 PM by mikecho »

Offline bwing

« Reply #127 on: October 01, 2019, 09:00:28 AM »
I've been wondering why there wasn't more talk about this recent set:

https://www.topps.com/2019-topps-on-demand-set-15-wacky-packages-attacky-packages.html

Are/Were these just re-releases of prior cards?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #128 on: October 01, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #129 on: October 01, 2019, 04:52:32 PM »
I've been wondering why there wasn't more talk about this recent set:

https://www.topps.com/2019-topps-on-demand-set-15-wacky-packages-attacky-packages.html

Are/Were these just re-releases of prior cards?

They're all new. Most are based on sketch cards originally drawn over the last few years.