Author Topic: ALL NEW TOPPS "ATTACKY PACKAGES" SET NOW AVAILABLE!!!  (Read 37418 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: ALL NEW TOPPS "ATTACKY PACKAGES" SET NOW AVAILABLE!!!
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2018, 03:48:04 PM »
they are REAL FKN IDIOTS though!! ;D ;D

I don't think that's fair.  A mistake was apparently made, that's all.  I thought it was a genuine offer (after all, they only charged $5 for the original Attacky Packages set), to get us to buy more sets and increase the print run.  As I've said, I would have purchased one, possibly two sets at $25.  I bought extras because of the lower prices, and I'll be bringing some to work to see if I can entice others who like sci-fi to get interested in possible future sets. 

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2018, 04:38:32 PM »
I don't think that's fair.  A mistake was apparently made, that's all.  I thought it was a genuine offer (after all, they only charged $5 for the original Attacky Packages set), to get us to buy more sets and increase the print run.  As I've said, I would have purchased one, possibly two sets at $25.  I bought extras because of the lower prices, and I'll be bringing some to work to see if I can entice others who like sci-fi to get interested in possible future sets.

what do you work for topps...i am talking about everything they do...weren't you the one complaining how topps was screwing people with the price gouging on OS6?? or those beautiful wax wrappers they are selling...like the one someone posted for Kong FU...oh yea they are sharp as tacks - if i am paying my money i can CALL it LIKE I SEE IT!! SOME OF THESE WERE BETTER OF BEING CANCELLED!!!  :] :] :] :] :]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2018, 05:25:57 PM »
I don't think that's fair.  A mistake was apparently made, that's all.
I think the reality is somewhere in between. They may not be "idiots", but they were quite careless to leave that dropdown on the web page. It was obviously incorrect [likely some leftover code, referring to 7 cards for $19.99], so assuming someone should have proofed the page before it went live...and it got past them...just sloppy work.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2018, 05:34:58 PM »
what do you work for topps...i am talking about everything they do...weren't you the one complaining how topps was screwing people with the price gouging on OS6?? or those beautiful wax wrappers they are selling...like the one someone posted for Kong FU...oh yea they are sharp as tacks - if i am paying my money i can CALL it LIKE I SEE IT!! SOME OF THESE WERE BETTER OF BEING CANCELLED!!!  :] :] :] :] :]

Don't know why you're so upset with my post, I just didn't think an employee making a mistake qualifies as the idiots you called them.  If it makes you feel better, it's possible that someone lost their job.

I bought Old School 6 and am happy with my purchase.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2018, 05:39:40 PM »
I think the reality is somewhere in between. They may not be "idiots", but they were quite careless to leave that dropdown on the web page. It was obviously incorrect [likely some leftover code, referring to 7 cards for $19.99], so assuming someone should have proofed the page before it went live...and it got past them...just sloppy work.

If their intent was to not offer a bulk deal, which seems to be the case now, then careless certainly applies.  We have had some whoppers slip through at work, like ordering a thousand 3-part forms that had items 1, 2, 2, 3, 4 on the list.  We used them all, but that poor secretary got teased for a year.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2018, 03:38:31 AM »

I think when you post something on-line ; you need to also be prepared to say the same thing to someone's face. If Topps comes to the next Philly show and has a table; I highly doubt Hustler will walk up to the table and say "You guys are a bunch of ****** Idiots!"  I know the comment was meant to be funny as well as make a point; but keep in mind this is a public board and if I worked for Topps and made that mistake; reading that comment would hurt. My two cents.  Andrew

Offline Swiski

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2018, 06:22:55 AM »
I don't mind the $24.99 price. This set is worth every penny to me, and a bargain considering how much Topps asks for single cards. I'm a huge Star Wars card collector, but I refuse to pay $9.99 each day for that Countdown to Solo online set.

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2018, 06:47:29 AM »
True, it’s a very good price. Consider that the previous Rock n Roll Hall of Lame set was just 5 pieces for $29.99. Sure, there’s 2 copies of each, but still.

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2018, 02:59:44 PM »
Maybe I read too much into things at times, but what does it say that Topps listed this set under the GPK brand and not under Wacky Packages in their website?
the thing that bothers me more is that the set was not advertised in the Friday email from Topps. Or since, either.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 01:55:28 AM »
the thing that bothers me more is that the set was not advertised in the Friday email from Topps. Or since, either.

That bothers me, too.  If sales are low because of no advertising, they'll think it was lack of interest.  Fortunately, Neil posted about it on the Mars Attacks facebook page for people who bought the Kickstarter set, and that should help.

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2018, 06:28:25 AM »
I tried sharing a link to the Topps site on the Mars Attacks Revenge Facebook page, but I don’t think the post was ever accepted.

Offline Campy

• work in progress

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2018, 07:13:23 AM »
I just shared it on twitter and a few facebook wacky groups.
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2018, 07:58:00 PM »
Looks great!  Thanks, Neil!  Just ordered a set and look forward to seeing these (and, I hope, more like it) in person  :great:

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2018, 09:48:08 PM »
I got my set also.  A whole wacky set

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2018, 07:48:51 AM »
Got another Topps email this morning, but still no mention of this set.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2018, 11:37:22 AM »
This set is the best Wacky related offering from Topps since OS6. Very nice surprise. Thanks to Neil for making this one happen.

Andrew

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2018, 11:33:55 AM »
Final hour, get'em while you can. There's already ebay sellers listing them at twice the cost ($50)

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2018, 05:17:48 PM »
OMG. A wish come true!

(Image removed from quote.)

Wow....I've been off this site for a few months and all this great product comes out!!!!

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2018, 08:32:10 AM »
Sales number now posted:  348 sets

Easily beating out other recent online offerings, but I thought it’d be higher. Although Topps never advertised it either.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2018, 10:44:07 AM »
Got a shipping notice. Looks like I'm getting 5 7 card sets. Curious to see what actually shows up.

ITEM   QUANTITY       
MARS ATTACKS WACKY PACKAGES SET SKU: ARTWP-STIC-18MAWP-SET-01-QTY5
QUANTITY & PRICING OPTIONS
(5) 7 CARD SETS - $19.99

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2018, 03:38:25 PM »
Sales number now posted:  348 sets

Easily beating out other recent online offerings, but I thought it’d be higher. Although Topps never advertised it either.

It's awful that they couldn't even be bothered to advertise it.  Numbers could be up because of the much more reasonable (accidental) prices at the beginning.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 06:09:49 PM »
Rawgoo Nailed it

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »
I hope they see that lower prices could improve numbers.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »
Got mine today! They honored the discounted faux pas. Love the back!

Great job Neil!
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2018, 03:56:11 PM »
cool.
I have the typical incredible slowness of 6 business days before they even shipped ("within 3-5", LOL) and then another week of waiting before arrival.
Sometime next week for me.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2018, 06:08:42 PM »
CAN

NOT

WAIT!!!!!

#StayWacky

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »
Got my set today. Very cool to not have to bother selling any GPK's off on the bay. I just opened the set and enjoyed looking at a VERY sweet set!

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2018, 12:06:26 PM »
I am under Attax!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2018, 12:18:39 PM »
My package was supposedly out for delivery with USPS at 8:43 this morning, but never showed up.  Tracking now says it had an incorrect address, and is being returned to Florida.   AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »
My package was supposedly out for delivery with USPS at 8:43 this morning, but never showed up.  Tracking now says it had an incorrect address, and is being returned to Florida.   AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!
that truly SUX!!
how could they have messed that up?

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »

ACK!
Brian Mc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2018, 01:29:43 PM »
that truly SUX!!
how could they have messed that up?

Not sure - maybe my computer did a screwy autofill and I didn't notice  :sad:

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2018, 02:52:41 PM »
Not sure - maybe my computer did a screwy autofill and I didn't notice  :sad:
Pat I think it is your address,  My post office does not recognize the 6 in you address.  :)

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2018, 04:04:52 PM »

Once an order is placed, Topps usually sends an email pertaining to that order.  Check and see if they have the correct shipping address.  If so, then USPS is probably to blame.  Over the years, I've had shipments (though not with Topps) come as close as the next town over, only to be shipped away to some other part of the country.  Eventually they arrive, but it might take two weeks.  (On another note, I've had oversea shipments arrive quicker than shipments originating in the US.  Figure that one out!)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 04:07:41 PM by Baked Bears »