Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576589 times)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #245 on: July 10, 2010, 08:46:13 PM »
Hey Ron, I saw those actions that that seller had up. He says they look 3D-ish. Do they? The picture of them did look really cool.
The "3D" is FANTASTIC! Buy one Jeff you will not regret it!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #246 on: July 10, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »

Wonder how long it will be until Topps shuts them down?

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #247 on: July 10, 2010, 09:15:42 PM »

Cool Ron, thanks for LMK..  ;D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »
I won an auction for an unmolested, relatively blemish free uncut sheet of the 1980 fourth reissue series for the price of a large pizza.
I saw that but there is really not a scan to prove it to be blemish free and I also wonder how the shipper plans to ship it harm free for $7.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »
Wonder how long it will be until Topps shuts them down?

You may be right...Theese things are REALLY nice, if theese were official "Licenced" (Topps) merchandise I bet they would be in the $40-$60 range, they're that nice!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: July 11, 2010, 08:28:36 AM »
I hadn't even thought about checking the wrapper codes to see if these are the rare ones or not.  However, I think I remember someone saying that the rare ANS2 wrappers did not come from Party City but were actually found in WalMarts.  I'm sure that Fanatical and Sickly can set the record straight.
IIRC, initially the Party City packs were hard to find, but I think it was because at that time no one had really ever heard of that store before. But pretty soon the 777 coded packs that Party City was selling showed up elsewhere and soon they were a dime a dozen just like all the others.
The only remaining ANS2 pack that is tough to find is the 791 coded priced pack that was sold at Wal-Mart and CVS

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #251 on: July 11, 2010, 09:28:02 AM »
I saw that but there is really not a scan to prove it to be blemish free and I also wonder how the shipper plans to ship it harm free for $7.

Relatively blemish free: Doesn't look as if it was used as liner for a hamster cage, doesn't look like someone dropped an encyclopedia on it, doesn't look as if it was used as a saucer for granny having an afternoon coffee, doesn't look like it was used as a placemat during a chili eating contest, etc..,

Should arrive rolled in a tube but depending on how careful the USPS decides on being.....................

Taz

« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2010, 10:30:45 AM »
I have been meaning for some time to post this. I had obtained a wall mount display cabinet that can store 36 cards, it has double latch locks on the side to keep the door closed and dust out and it has black felt lining. Currently as you can see I have some of my favorite cereal titles on show.  I can change the theme around as needed.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
I have been meaning for some time to post this. I had obtained a wall mount display cabinet that can store 36 cards, it has double latch locks on the side to keep the door closed and dust out and it has black felt lining. Currently as you can see I have some of my favorite cereal titles on show.  I can change the theme around as needed.

That is fantastic!!!  Much better than my 20 card display frame, where it's a hassle and a half (and scratches the frame) to swap stuff out, and dust collects in all the grooves.

Taz

« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2010, 10:42:55 AM »
That is fantastic!!!  Much better than my 20 card display frame, where it's a hassle and a half (and scratches the frame) to swap stuff out, and dust collects in all the grooves.

Got it from SFdisplay:
http://www.sfdisplay.com/largesportcollectiblecarddisplaycasecabinet.aspx

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #255 on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
Got it from SFdisplay:
http://www.sfdisplay.com/largesportcollectiblecarddisplaycasecabinet.aspx
Thanks for the link!  I am already feeling the newest drain on my bank account..........

Taz

« Reply #256 on: July 11, 2010, 10:50:32 AM »
Thanks for the link!  I am already feeling the newest drain on my bank account..........

I will state, it's not real glass which helps with the weight being wall mounted but then it does attract glare.  The biggest factor for me is that it's wall mounted and held 36 cards, I was sold!  Call them, they do offer free UPS shipping on occasion.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #257 on: July 12, 2010, 01:21:50 PM »
Finaly Finaly Finaly...I FINALY won a "Choke -Wagon" it's not perfect, but it looks decent...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160455400198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #258 on: July 12, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
Finaly Finaly Finaly...I FINALY won a "Choke -Wagon" it's not perfect, but it looks decent...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160455400198&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Pretty good deal there, Ron. Congrats! Ted's stuff is good, I've bought from him.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #259 on: July 12, 2010, 02:47:13 PM »
Pretty good deal there, Ron. Congrats! Ted's stuff is good, I've bought from him.
Isn't Ted a major middleman(ie consignor)?  I figure the person who actually owned this choke Wagon took home like $40 after commission, no?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #260 on: July 12, 2010, 03:37:46 PM »
Isn't Ted a major middleman(ie consignor)?  I figure the person who actually owned this choke Wagon took home like $40 after commission, no?
He is and the person he sold the card for probably took home even less then that when figuring in all the fee's.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #261 on: July 12, 2010, 03:38:19 PM »

The only thing better than seeing a scan is having the item in hand.

Looks very good to me although I am having issues framing it. I could easily slice it in two halves and frame one portion but that wouldn't be wise.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #262 on: July 12, 2010, 05:00:21 PM »

Ted does seem to have a lot of very nice condition cards…….a little pricey but good stuff if you're picky.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #263 on: July 12, 2010, 07:03:26 PM »
Thanks Tom, I've bought a (few) things from him & have always been pleased :D

wackyone

« Reply #264 on: July 13, 2010, 12:58:53 PM »
Thanks Tom, I've bought a (few) things from him & have always been pleased :D

ya me too,,Ted's got good stuff
I bought alot of upgrades from him last year and some NM diecuts for great prices

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #265 on: July 13, 2010, 01:03:51 PM »
ya me too,,Ted's got good stuff
I bought alot of upgrades from him last year and some NM diecuts for great prices
He is a great seller! That's for sure.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #266 on: July 13, 2010, 02:20:49 PM »
He is a great seller! That's for sure.

This was priced higher earlier in the day, like $45.00, but it's still extremely high for 1 cloth sticker……………….

http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-Wacky-Packages-CLOTH-Series-CHOCK-FULL-O-NUT-BOLTS-/400136081862?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d29f811c6#ht_571wt_913
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

wackyone

« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2010, 10:16:15 AM »
Been on the hunt for a decent Skimpy for a while now.
Got this one in another lot of 1st PSA's i picked up...
not a bad looking card,most Skimpy cards are cut O/C from what i see.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »
Been on the hunt for a decent Skimpy for a while now.
Got this one in another lot of 1st PSA's i picked up...
not a bad looking card,most Skimpy cards are cut O/C from what i see.

(Image removed from quote.)
That;s ironic I just won (1) a few hours ago!!! :o Here it is...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380249118463&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2010, 10:16:27 AM »
Hello all! I got the (infamous) "Lot" today! The only "un-common" was the (Pupsi) but it's in (EX+) range! WOO HOO!!! But the rest of the lot is in GREAT SHAPE! There was a Total of: 624 "Wackys" & 56 Checklist/ Puzzle pieces, for a Grand Total of 680 cards! All for $150!!! Most of them are later series #6-15, if anyone needs (1) particular card to complete a set, send me a P.M. & a s.a.s.e. & I'll fix you up (FOC) All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2010, 12:54:04 PM »
Hello all! I got the (infamous) "Lot" today! The only "un-common" was the (Pupsi) but it's in (EX+) range! WOO HOO!!! But the rest of the lot is in GREAT SHAPE! There was a Total of: 624 "Wackys" & 56 Checklist/ Puzzle pieces, for a Grand Total of 680 cards! All for $150!!! Most of them are later series #6-15, if anyone needs (1) particular card to complete a set, send me a P.M. & a s.a.s.e. & I'll fix you up (FOC) All my WACKY best...RonZ 8)
I'll give you $170 for the entire set.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2010, 12:57:07 PM »
I'll give you $170 for the entire set.
LOL!!! SOLD...Just kidding, just kidding just kidding! Good one Mark :]

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2010, 01:40:15 PM »
I just found (2) "Grime" (Heavy-Chunks variation) EX+ WOO HOO!!! Those & the "Pupsi" are worth what I paid for the whole lot!!! :o

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2010, 02:26:12 PM »
I just found (2) "Grime" (Heavy-Chunks variation) EX+ WOO HOO!!! Those & the "Pupsi" are worth what I paid for the whole lot!!! :o

Ron,

You wouldn't happen to have any of these would you?

1973-1975 Original Series Wacky Packages

(All items must be EX+ or better)

Series 2 WHITE backs- Cap’n Crud

Series 2 TAN backs- 8-Lives, Run Tony

LMK

eman

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »

Let me read between the lines and let everyone know what Ron really means...LOL

Hello all! I got the (cards I totally screwed Ernie over on) "Lot" today! They all suck but I got a Pupsi in (EX+) range! WOO HOO (great to screw people over)!!! But the rest of the lot is in GREAT SHAPE (EX or worse)! There was a Total of: 624 "Wackys" & 56 Checklist/ Puzzle pieces, for a Grand Total of 680 cards! All for $150!!! I can't believe I totally screwed over the seller and not to mention Ernie (there may have been others but who cares!) Most of them are later series #6-15, if anyone needs (1) particular card to complete a set, send me a P.M. & a s.a.s.e. & I'll fix you up (Because I feel so bad getting such a great deal while you all suffer the loss! Your loss my gain!) All my WACKY best (see ya dark side suckers!)...RonZ 8)

Ron, this is supposed to be funny so don't get your panties in a bunch...LOL

Offline ROID

« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
Would that be grapes or bananas?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Let me read between the lines and let everyone know what Ron really means...LOL

Hello all! I got the (cards I totally screwed Ernie over on) "Lot" today! They all suck but I got a Pupsi in (EX+) range! WOO HOO (great to screw people over)!!! But the rest of the lot is in GREAT SHAPE (EX or worse)! There was a Total of: 624 "Wackys" & 56 Checklist/ Puzzle pieces, for a Grand Total of 680 cards! All for $150!!! I can't believe I totally screwed over the seller and not to mention Ernie (there may have been others but who cares!) Most of them are later series #6-15, if anyone needs (1) particular card to complete a set, send me a P.M. & a s.a.s.e. & I'll fix you up (Because I feel so bad getting such a great deal while you all suffer the loss! Your loss my gain!) All my WACKY best (see ya dark side suckers!)...RonZ 8)

Ron, this is supposed to be funny so don't get your panties in a bunch...LOL
Do'nt let the facts get in the way of your opinion Bum Chex!!! After the seller contacted me & told me there were 100+ more cards I offered him another $50 & he said and I quote "no a deal is a deal" BTW the seller did'nt like Ernies "attitude" and that's why he CHOSE to sell them to me!!! get your facts Brad! BTW Brad I have never made ONE PENNY off of WACKYS Can you say that hmmmm?? I'm strictly a collector & BTW another forum member contacted me & I had most of his needs  from this lot & I'm giving them to him for FREE!
P.S. the whole lot would grade overall in the EX to EX+ range & there were also (2) "Grime" (Heavy Chunks) variation! (EX+)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:01:52 PM by RonZombie »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »
Do'nt let the facts get in the way of your opinion Bum Chex!!! After the seller contacted me & told me there were 100+ more cards I offered him another $50 & he said and I quote "no a deal is a deal" BTW the seller did'nt like Ernies "attitude" and that's why he CHOSE to sell them to me!!! get your facts Brad! BTW Brad I have never made ONE PENNY off of WACKYS Can you say that hmmmm?? I'm strictly a collector & BTW another forum member contacted me & I had most of his needs  from this lot & I'm giving them to him for FREE!
P.S. the whole lot would grade overall in the EX to EX+ range & there were also (2) "Grime" (Heavy Chunks) variation! (EX+)

Yup, as you can see from my only communication with this seller before he sold to ron(which is listed below), my email to the seller is full of "attitude".

To: "Thomas Hartwick" <thomashartwick@hotmail.com>
I live on the east coast.  Are all of your stickers tan backed or mix of tan and white backs?  Are you able to scan a few to give me an idea of the condition?  I'd be willing to pay thre $150 unseen for the 500 cards if I can return them within 3 days if not satisfied at my shipping expense.

--- On Sun, 7/11/10, Thomas Hartwick <thomashartwick@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Wackys
To: bandaches@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 12:51 AM

Hi:

I'm in the Los Angeles area......I don't know where you are, but you could see em tomorrow if you are close by.

Thomas

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
Yup, as you can see from my only communication with this seller before he sold to ron(which is listed below), my email to the seller is full of "attitude".

To: "Thomas Hartwick" <thomashartwick@hotmail.com>
I live on the east coast.  Are all of your stickers tan backed or mix of tan and white backs?  Are you able to scan a few to give me an idea of the condition?  I'd be willing to pay thre $150 unseen for the 500 cards if I can return them within 3 days if not satisfied at my shipping expense.

--- On Sun, 7/11/10, Thomas Hartwick <thomashartwick@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Wackys
To: bandaches@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, July 11, 2010, 12:51 AM

Hi:

I'm in the Los Angeles area......I don't know where you are, but you could see em tomorrow if you are close by.

Thomas

Wow! You really need to hold back a bit. How do you come off asking those type of questions...... :)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #279 on: July 15, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »
Let's not forget Hustler. He's still stands accused by Haveawackyday Ron.