Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576518 times)

Offline blunderbrent

Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #210 on: June 21, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »
This was the 1st series I ever had & (completed) when I was a child, I never thought I would own this series because of problems w/storage,  but since they are already (PSA Graded) I will not have to worry about that.
Show off!~ I am so freaking jealous. What an amazing score. It may not tickle the testicles of the high grade purists among us, but that is sincerely a huge win. I would have paid another 50$ for that. Slabbed cloths is probably ideal for storage as you mentioned. Great find. The Paul Maul is probably rare or would fetch a premium, just guessing.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #211 on: June 21, 2010, 01:51:19 PM »
I think you did alright. That is how most cloth look so you probably wouldn't get better grades. Tough set!
Thanks Brad, I am really exited to finaly have this series...I have not owned this set for 37 years!!! :o
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »
Doesn't it cost between $5 and $8 to get cards graded and slabbed?  At the low end of this range, 26 cards would cost $130 so I would say you did great but the seller may have taken a hit on these!  Of course, maybe it is cheaper when you send in large quantities to be graded?
That is what I was thinking, I got theese for under $5 a piece!!! :o

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »
Show off!~ I am so freaking jealous. What an amazing score. It may not tickle the testicles of the high grade purists among us, but that is sincerely a huge win. I would have paid another 50$ for that. Slabbed cloths is probably ideal for storage as you mentioned. Great find. The Paul Maul is probably rare or would fetch a premium, just guessing.
When they were first listed they had a (BIN) for $250 w/a opening bid of $100...My top bid was $200 so I was really happy to get them for only $15 over the opening bid! ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2010, 06:27:18 PM »
This was the 1st series I ever had & (completed) when I was a child, I never thought I would own this series because of problems w/storage,  but since they are already (PSA Graded) I will not have to worry about that. BTW if anyone has the 4 titles I'm missing I would be interested, ecspecialy if they are already graded. Did I pay to much? :^) Hope everyone had a "Wacky Weekend" All my WACKY best...
RonZ 8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320548118913&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Did you get scans of the backs?  I always ask for them on Cloths because they can vary so much in quality.  To me it's silly to list a cloth auction and only show the fronts.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2010, 07:56:58 PM »
Did you get scans of the backs?  I always ask for them on Cloths because they can vary so much in quality.  To me it's silly to list a cloth auction and only show the fronts.
No I did not, but only 1 card in the set graded below 4 & it was a 3 so they're probably not that bad...there were even a couple of  6s in there, but most of them were 5s w/a few 4s, I do'nt think I did bad for the price ??? Like they say they were worth it to me, and that's really all that matters because I'll never sell them, like I said theese were the very first Wackys I had ever seen or had, so for that reason it's a really special set for me. ;)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »
This was a very small purchase, but still an extremly good deal...I've been lucking out a lot lately ;) I hope I did'nt just curse myself :-\ Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260615689946&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2010, 07:13:09 PM »
Slabbed cloths is probably ideal for storage as you mentioned.
You can download a Shroud of Turin iPhone application, called iSindone.
It's being offered to the public by Apple at their iPhone and iPad Application Store . . .
[expando]http://shroudofturin.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/image1.png[/expando]
http://shroudofturin.wordpress.com/2010/04/09/no-joke-an-iphone-shroud-of-turin-application-at-apples-online-store/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 08:42:24 PM by RonZombie »

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #219 on: July 03, 2010, 08:55:14 PM »
Wow! I noticed non top of the census PSAs dropping, but that is insane!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #220 on: July 03, 2010, 09:03:55 PM »
Wow! I noticed non top of the census PSAs dropping, but that is insane!
I hear you...I'm not that big of a (PSA) collector, but at those prices you we be a fool not to buy them if you are into them at all! I got an almost complete set of (Cloth) Wackys a couple of weeks ago for $115! Like you said the prices are just crazy cheap.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #221 on: July 03, 2010, 09:22:38 PM »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »
I just won this for $5! Not in the greatest shape but still! BTW this is my 1st "Ludlow" here it is...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270599664290&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2010, 07:40:12 AM »
I just won this for $5! Not in the greatest shape but still! BTW this is my 1st "Ludlow" here it is...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270599664290&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That's definitely not a fake!   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2010, 09:54:17 AM »

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #225 on: July 06, 2010, 03:09:25 PM »
I am on vacation this week visiting family in Kansas City.  My teenage niece here works at a Party City store.  She told me that they had a bunch of Wacky Packs in the store that had been sitting there forever.  She said that if I wanted to buy them, she could get me a 30% discount on them.

We went to the store with her and it the Wackys turned out to be ANS2 magnet packs.  They had about a hundred packs loose in a wire basket bin all marked down to $1 per pack.  I showed my son and niece how to feel the backs of the ANS2 packs and find the magnets.  We ended up cherry picking 23 magnet packs out of the bin.  With my niece's discount, I got them all for 70 cents per pack.

While not the most earth-shattering addition to my collection, I still thought that was a pretty good deal for packs guaranteed to have magnets in them.  It was also a lot of fun showing the young-uns how to "search" the magnet packs!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2010, 04:13:45 PM »
I am on vacation this week visiting family in Kansas City.  My teenage niece here works at a Party City store.  She told me that they had a bunch of Wacky Packs in the store that had been sitting there forever.  She said that if I wanted to buy them, she could get me a 30% discount on them.

We went to the store with her and it the Wackys turned out to be ANS2 magnet packs.  They had about a hundred packs loose in a wire basket bin all marked down to $1 per pack.  I showed my son and niece how to feel the backs of the ANS2 packs and find the magnets.  We ended up cherry picking 23 magnet packs out of the bin.  With my niece's discount, I got them all for 70 cents per pack.

While not the most earth-shattering addition to my collection, I still thought that was a pretty good deal for packs guaranteed to have magnets in them.  It was also a lot of fun showing the young-uns how to "search" the magnet packs!
A  guaranted magnet pack for.70 is definitly a great deal! :o Ecspecialy considering you got 23 of them for $16.10...That's a steal! you may even get 2 complete sets! :^)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 04:16:41 PM by RonZombie »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #228 on: July 06, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »
I am on vacation this week visiting family in Kansas City.  My teenage niece here works at a Party City store.  She told me that they had a bunch of Wacky Packs in the store that had been sitting there forever.  She said that if I wanted to buy them, she could get me a 30% discount on them.

We went to the store with her and it the Wackys turned out to be ANS2 magnet packs.  They had about a hundred packs loose in a wire basket bin all marked down to $1 per pack.  I showed my son and niece how to feel the backs of the ANS2 packs and find the magnets.  We ended up cherry picking 23 magnet packs out of the bin.  With my niece's discount, I got them all for 70 cents per pack.

While not the most earth-shattering addition to my collection, I still thought that was a pretty good deal for packs guaranteed to have magnets in them.  It was also a lot of fun showing the young-uns how to "search" the magnet packs!

That is pretty cool. Those are probably the Party City variation wrapper code. I think those were not very common at one point.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #229 on: July 06, 2010, 08:54:03 PM »
That is pretty cool. Those are probably the Party City variation wrapper code. I think those were not very common at one point.

I hadn't even thought about checking the wrapper codes to see if these are the rare ones or not.  However, I think I remember someone saying that the rare ANS2 wrappers did not come from Party City but were actually found in WalMarts.  I'm sure that Fanatical and Sickly can set the record straight.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2010, 12:10:42 AM »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2010, 07:15:34 AM »
The "Early bird gets the worm" ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-POSTER-UN-OPENED-MINT-PACK-/180530466661?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a08744f65

Not sure what this guy's doing. He's been posting ads trying to buy unopened wacky material. I agreed to sell him a few 8th series
blue packs and now they're on ebay a week later. Guess people are fickle...

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
Not sure what this guy's doing. He's been posting ads trying to buy unopened wacky material. I agreed to sell him a few 8th series
blue packs and now they're on ebay a week later. Guess people are fickle...
Yes I've talked w/him (Bob) he seems like a good guy, he really is looking for "Un-Opened" boxes (OS) and it seems that price is no object.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
I won an auction for an unmolested, relatively blemish free uncut sheet of the 1980 fourth reissue series for the price of a large pizza.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2010, 09:13:50 AM »
I won an auction for an unmolested, relatively blemish free uncut sheet of the 1980 fourth reissue series for the price of a large pizza.
I saw that! You got that for a steal!!! I was watching it, but I already have one...I paid a LOT more than that for it!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »
I won this yesterday. I think this is a pretty good price for one that doesn't have any rips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1967-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Die-Cuts-WRAPPER-Graded-7-5-/200489913058

I can't afford the real pack so this will have to do.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2010, 01:53:11 PM »
Rarely an auction comes around where you truly feel you made out quite well. For the life of me I couldn't believe a 4th series was being auctioned at such a low bid nor did I think I'd win it for $21.00. I must have looked over the pictures twenty times making sure it wasn't a typo and I was bidding on the more common sheet. After doing a quick search on the web for a realistic price, I was extremely pleased.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2010, 02:09:09 PM »
I won this yesterday. I think this is a pretty good price for one that doesn't have any rips.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1967-Topps-Wacky-Packages-Die-Cuts-WRAPPER-Graded-7-5-/200489913058

I can't afford the real pack so this will have to do.
IMO you did great ;D Enjoy! :D

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #239 on: July 08, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »
Rarely an auction comes around where you truly feel you made out quite well. For the life of me I couldn't believe a 4th series was being auctioned at such a low bid nor did I think I'd win it for $21.00. I must have looked over the pictures twenty times making sure it wasn't a typo and I was bidding on the more common sheet. After doing a quick search on the web for a realistic price, I was extremely pleased.
You did real well that's for sure! I just bought one about 3 months ago for $80! BTW It's a really nice one NM

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #240 on: July 08, 2010, 02:49:50 PM »
I saw that! You got that for a steal!!! I was watching it, but I already have one...I paid a LOT more than that for it!

You did really well! I didn't realize it was a full sheet. I purchased a 1/2 sheet about 3 years ago. I think I paid about $40 for it.
I put it in a cheap poster frame as you can see in the picture.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2010, 06:25:04 PM »
A  guaranted magnet pack for.70 is definitly a great deal! :o Ecspecialy considering you got 23 of them for $16.10...That's a steal! you may even get 2 complete sets! :^)

I did the "gravestone rubbing" on those magnet packs tonight and I did end up with two full sets and a few extras!  Keeping the sets sealed for now.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2010, 08:15:03 PM »
I did the "gravestone rubbing" on those magnet packs tonight and I did end up with two full sets and a few extras!  Keeping the sets sealed for now.
Congratulations Loren! The "Magnets" are my favorite of the chase cards sets next to the "Lents" those are just soooo cool!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2010, 08:20:39 PM »
I thought this was pretty cool...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250658003784&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I got this today & one other (Putrid Cat Chow) and they are ABSOLOUTLY FANTASTIC!!! :o You guys have got to see theese things, they're out of this world! He is a very cool guy & will make just about any (OS) title you can think of! He has this one & a couple of others on ebay, I highly recommend them...You will NOT be disapointed. Theese are 2 of the coolest WACKY items in my collection, and my collection is HUGE!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »
I got this today & one other (Putrid Cat Chow) and they are ABSOLOUTLY FANTASTIC!!! :o You guys have got to see theese things, they're out of this world! He is a very cool guy & will make just about any (OS) title you can think of! He has this one & a couple of others on ebay, I highly recommend them...You will NOT be disapointed. Theese are 2 of the coolest WACKY items in my collection, and my collection is HUGE!

Hey Ron, I saw those actions that that seller had up. He says they look 3D-ish. Do they? The picture of them did look really cool.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World