Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576371 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #1155 on: April 01, 2017, 04:21:20 AM »
Another incorrectly labeled addition to the herd! Most of the info is correct, but to be completely accurate, the header should read "1975 Topps UK Wacky Packs" (The date is based on the copyright on the back of the puzzle cards... anyone know if this was the actual release date for the UK 2nd series?)

This has been one of the best months of Wacky Package collecting that I've had in well over 20 years! At the beginning of March, I only had a couple of the UK 2nd series titles, and a complete puzzle... 30 days later, I am only six stickers away from completing this set!

Congrats!  Just read up on these in the Gallery, and must now look through my OS 1-6 stickers for trademarks.  I used to buy a lot of Fun Packs, so there could be some UKs mixed in.  I could also have some mislabeled PSAs.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:11:26 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1156 on: April 01, 2017, 07:15:31 AM »
Just plucked this one out of the wild last night. Not mint... but it's still a 2nd UK!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:11:36 PM by RawGoo »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1157 on: April 01, 2017, 07:21:54 AM »
Just plucked this one out of the wild last night. Not mint... but it's still a 2nd UK!

You truly had a great March for Wacky collecting!  Which titles are you still missing?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:11:48 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1158 on: April 01, 2017, 12:42:33 PM »
You truly had a great March for Wacky collecting!  Which titles are you still missing?

Unfortunately, the six titles I need are all post 6th series, meaning the copyrights are the same as the U.S. releases. Originally, I was going to just fill in those six slots with U.S. stickers and call it a day, but I've decided to hold out and hope that some more UK stashes will be unearthed! Although it's not a 100% guarantee that any of the post 6ths will be genuine, there's a chance that a bit of provenance can be gained by the owner's back story.

These are the six that I need:

1) Chimpanzee
2) Coffin-mate
3) Family Circuit
4) Lox
5) Planet of the Grapes
6) Swiss Fright

Offline cardnut

« Reply #1159 on: April 01, 2017, 03:53:37 PM »
After reading about your recent UK finds I was curious if there is a list of the cards that are in these series. I found some information on Wackypackages.org site but it doesn't seem complete. They show a back of the checklist listing the cards but I found several cards in my collection  that have the Topps Chewing Gum, Inc. Prtd in U.S.A. that were not on the checklists.  Fink and Kook-Aid Series 1 Boohoo and Awful Bits Series 2 Sledge, Busted Finger and Drowny Series 3.  Are these something different or from the UK series.  Thanks for some clarification.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1160 on: April 01, 2017, 03:56:41 PM »
After reading about your recent UK finds I was curious if there is a list of the cards that are in these series. I found some information on Wackypackages.org site but it doesn't seem complete. They show a back of the checklist listing the cards but I found several cards in my collection  that have the Topps Chewing Gum, Inc. Prtd in U.S.A. that were not on the checklists.  Fink and Kook-Aid Series 1 Boohoo and Awful Bits Series 2 Sledge, Busted Finger and Drowny Series 3.  Are these something different or from the UK series.  Thanks for some clarification.
I believe those are all from the first Wonder Bread set
http://www.wackypacks.com/stickers/wonderbread/index.html

Offline cardnut

« Reply #1161 on: April 01, 2017, 04:12:46 PM »
Thanks Fanatical and Sickly, I will have to go through and see what others I might have.  So how do you distinguish from the UK and the Wonder Bread stickers? Is there some overlap?

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1162 on: April 01, 2017, 04:52:46 PM »
Thanks Fanatical and Sickly, I will have to go through and see what others I might have.  So how do you distinguish from the UK and the Wonder Bread stickers? Is there some overlap?
Wonderbread doesn't have "*" in the copyright.  UK does.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline cardnut

« Reply #1163 on: April 01, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
Thanks Bandaches, now I see it.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #1164 on: April 01, 2017, 06:59:43 PM »
Unfortunately, the six titles I need are all post 6th series, meaning the copyrights are the same as the U.S. releases. Originally, I was going to just fill in those six slots with U.S. stickers and call it a day, but I've decided to hold out and hope that some more UK stashes will be unearthed! Although it's not a 100% guarantee that any of the post 6ths will be genuine, there's a chance that a bit of provenance can be gained by the owner's back story.

These are the six that I need:

1) Chimpanzee
2) Coffin-mate
3) Family Circuit
4) Lox
5) Planet of the Grapes
6) Swiss Fright

George,

I really knew nothing about the UK stuff.  I was never really interested.  I see that you are bidding on one of my auctions that has a UK sticker in it.  I was going over the stickers trying to find out the difference between the UK tan backs and the Wonderbreads that have the full copyright and it looks like the Wonderbreads do not have the c with the circle around it before the "Topps"  I started looking through my other ones and it looks like the set of Blecch's also have that.  So that one must be a second series UK as well.  I have a list of series one stickers, ( I have a checklist), but Neither Greg's site not Rusty's has a listing for the second series.  I will be looking through my stash to see if I have nay others.  Are they much sought after?  Are they worth anything much?  I think the UK stickers are pretty much a niche market
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1165 on: April 01, 2017, 07:07:16 PM »
Bill, the wonder breads have the circled c, it's the asterisk that they lack and the UK's have.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #1166 on: April 01, 2017, 07:15:14 PM »
Bill, the wonder breads have the circled c, it's the asterisk that they lack and the UK's have.
\

Ah, then I had it backwards? I will have to look at the pictures again. This is confusing.  It is weird being a rookie again when it comes to Wacky's!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1167 on: April 01, 2017, 07:30:33 PM »
I have a list of series one stickers, ( I have a checklist), but Neither Greg's site not Rusty's has a listing for the second series.
Even though Greg never populated the page for the UK series, he does actually have a scan of the 2nd Checklist over in the Checklists section

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #1168 on: April 01, 2017, 07:56:55 PM »
Even though Greg never populated the page for the UK series, he does actually have a scan of the 2nd Checklist over in the Checklists section

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks!  That will make searching much easier.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1169 on: April 02, 2017, 06:50:41 AM »
Thanks!  That will make searching much easier.
Dude make this easy on yourself, looki g up titles on a checklist is arduous, if you see any series one through six titles with a series 7 or later copyright that's a UK.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1170 on: April 02, 2017, 07:24:07 AM »
Dude make this easy on yourself, looki g up titles on a checklist is arduous, if you see any series one through six titles with a series 7 or later copyright that's a UK.

My OS Wackys are stored by Series number, and then alphabetically, so that's what I did yesterday.  But, if someone has their stickers stored strictly alphabetically, then the checklist would be a big help.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1171 on: April 02, 2017, 09:17:20 PM »
My OS Wackys are stored by Series number, and then alphabetically, so that's what I did yesterday.  But, if someone has their stickers stored strictly alphabetically, then the checklist would be a big help.
My point is UK checklist checking should not be the primary way to figure out whether you have uk stickers.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1172 on: April 03, 2017, 09:18:17 AM »
George,

I really knew nothing about the UK stuff.  I was never really interested.  I see that you are bidding on one of my auctions that has a UK sticker in it.  I was going over the stickers trying to find out the difference between the UK tan backs and the Wonderbreads that have the full copyright and it looks like the Wonderbreads do not have the c with the circle around it before the "Topps"  I started looking through my other ones and it looks like the set of Blecch's also have that.  So that one must be a second series UK as well.  I have a list of series one stickers, ( I have a checklist), but Neither Greg's site not Rusty's has a listing for the second series.  I will be looking through my stash to see if I have nay others.  Are they much sought after?  Are they worth anything much?  I think the UK stickers are pretty much a niche market

Like Dave had pointed out in a subsequent post, the Sledge in your auction is a Wonder Bread issue. Although, I will admit, the long copyright line is what first caught my attention! I'll explain my reason for purchasing this group of Sledge stickers in the "Wacky Package Sleuthing & Forensics" thread.... ;D

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1173 on: April 04, 2017, 05:50:03 AM »
How's about calling out some of the asinine buyers as well? Just sayin'.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1174 on: April 04, 2017, 06:14:24 AM »
How's about calling out some of the asinine buyers as well? Just sayin'.

Because of shill bidding or exorbitant bidding?

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1175 on: April 04, 2017, 06:18:44 AM »
Because of shill bidding or exorbitant bidding?

That as well as buying things w/o reading descriptions and reviewing pictures sufficiently.

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1176 on: April 04, 2017, 06:36:20 AM »
That as well as buying things w/o reading descriptions and reviewing pictures sufficiently.

True! I don't sell that much on the "bay", but I have heard some horror stories of some of the claims that buyers have made against sellers just for the reason you mention. You have to wonder... are some of them impulse buys (gotta get it before anybody else) or scrolling down to read the fine print is just too darn hard!  ;D I recently made a significant purchase from a seller in the UK. They had many clearly written terms and details to which I, in turn, had a few questions prior to buying their items. The seller was so happy that I followed the instructions and asked questions, that they dropped all of the shipping costs! Due diligence and a good dose of courtesy goes a LONG way!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1177 on: April 04, 2017, 07:23:43 AM »
My experience why I sometimes believe buyers are at fault:

My selling of WP's is rare. This is a hobby to me and not a way to make money but this series has struck me differently so I wanted to recover some of my money. This past weekend (F-Su) I listed 20, twenty auctions dealing with the 50th Series. 20 occurred because (between 1 gravity feed and 2 BB's) I was able to make 2 of each sub set. Each auction showed exactly which cards were included and described what you received (9 cards from X sub set) and what they were. One guy bids on and wins 8 of the first 10 auctions I listed. He paid and I shipped and then he realized he blundered and contacted me yesterday. This is where it gets amusing. He tells me he isn't happy with his purchase and doesn't necessarily blame me for his mistake but he somehow thought these sets (Politics, celebs, etc..,) were all chase cards and he goes on with his lament about how he grossly over-paid. To that he did. He paid $50.00 for eight of the sub sets in the base set when he could have purchased an entire 90 card base set online for $10-$20. He then goes as far as questioning how and why I listed my auctions as I did and I explain to him that not everyone might want the entire 10 sub sets and some might want to pick and choose. Essentially, these auctions were not focused on someone like him. In his haste and assumption he fudged up and wants to share the blame with me.

Some buyers are frustrating beyond belief.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1178 on: April 28, 2017, 07:36:48 AM »
Purchased this from Kook a couple of months ago, but had to get it reholdered because the flip was incorrect. One of the nicest examples of this card I've ever seen!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 08:59:31 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Kook

« Reply #1179 on: April 28, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »
Purchased this from Kook a couple of months ago, but had to get it reholdered because the flip was incorrect. One of the nicest examples of this card I've ever seen!

I do have to agree, and I'm glad it found a great home!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1180 on: April 29, 2017, 03:41:13 PM »

That's a beauty for sure!  Was it upside down, or just mislabeled?

Been looking for my own PSA 8 for a comparison, but can't find it right now.  Somehow, my OS3 keeper set got split up, and I can only find up to Sledge.......

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1181 on: April 29, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »
It was just that the flip did not reflect that it was the Spic and Span version, which prevented me from adding it to my master registry set.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1182 on: May 05, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »
The eye appeal of PSA 8s varies widely...but this one is a beauty!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:45:33 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #1183 on: May 09, 2017, 03:26:38 PM »
New stuff for my collection. Thanks Joe Grossburg!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:12:55 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1184 on: May 17, 2017, 06:12:18 PM »
I just received this beauty in the mail this afternoon! No cracking, or crumbling, and VERY vibrant.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:13:18 PM by RawGoo »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1185 on: May 17, 2017, 09:03:10 PM »
I just received this beauty in the mail this afternoon! No cracking, or crumbling, and VERY vibrant.

I think I have a complete set, like 4 or 5 different ones right?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:13:37 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1186 on: May 17, 2017, 10:12:21 PM »
I think I have a complete set, like 4 or 5 different ones right?

Not sure... I'm a newb at the transfers! This is my first one.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #1187 on: May 19, 2017, 08:06:30 PM »
Not sure... I'm a newb at the transfers! This is my first one.
I have scans on this page of my website

http://www.wackypackage.com/Wacky%20Packs/HTML%20Stuff/Oddballstuff.html

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1188 on: May 22, 2017, 10:35:11 AM »
It's been a good month for die cuts!

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:47:20 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1189 on: May 23, 2017, 03:57:22 PM »
Received a package from Canada this afternoon! They're not mint, but are in really good shape for '73 OPC's!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 07:04:29 PM by RawGoo »

anything