Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576535 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2010, 10:16:08 AM »
I just started using Gixen to do sniping and so far it has worked like a charm.

http://www.gixen.com/

Thanks, I'll give it try.  I hope it's compatible with Macs.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2010, 10:49:49 AM »
Thanks, I'll give it try.  I hope it's compatible with Macs.

It states it has a firefox plugin so you should be set!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:31 PM »
I figure $10 each for tans and $15 each for whites, but those are solid NM prices so they should be adjusted down for condition.
thanks for the pricing tips!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »
This is the only new Single I got in of any note the last few days

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2010, 11:33:56 PM »
Here's my latest haul. Some Old School art and a truck. Notice that the Wacky images on the trucks on the card are not the original art. They were all redone. I like their Gadzooka boy better than the real one!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2010, 12:15:46 AM »
Here's my latest haul. Some Old School art and a truck. Notice that the Wacky images on the trucks on the card are not the original art. They were all redone. I like their Gadzooka boy better than the real one!

Very nice!  Thanks for posting. Kind of cool how the artwork was re-done for the packaging.  Is there any printing on the back of the card?

And getting the artwork for those two titles is very nice too.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:21:51 AM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2010, 06:13:22 AM »
great stuff! :P
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:32 AM »

Were those 2 pieces of art on Topps Vault auctions?

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2010, 09:39:48 AM »
Those are some great scores Mark!  The "Gee Your Hair Smells Horrific" is absoloutly awesome!!! ;)
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2010, 03:13:49 PM »
Very nice!  Thanks for posting. Kind of cool how the artwork was re-done for the packaging.  Is there any printing on the back of the card?

And getting the artwork for those two titles is very nice too.

The back of the card is brown.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2010, 03:15:26 PM »
Were those 2 pieces of art on Topps Vault auctions?

GYHSH was an ebay auction.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
I had my eye on that myself, but once it went over $500 I was out of it! Congratulations Brad...Nice score!!! :o

I just got the lot in and it's pretty decent overall. Just after first glance about 50 are OC. There was one Grime Heavy OC in the bunch. Mostly middle series but quite a few 11-13 series. I haven't sorted them but overall I think this is a pretty good lot. I also got in a smaller lot that has quite a few 11-12 series so I have a lot of sorting to do. the Grime Heavy was a nice surprise but I would have liked a Pupsi, Bum, & Choke thrown in for good measure. Can't be too greedy ;)
Basically it cost about $1.50 per card so that's not too bad at all. I would say about half the cards are NM while others may have a bend or bumped corners. The 12th series box is a mess though.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2010, 02:38:13 PM »
I just got the lot in and it's pretty decent overall. Just after first glance about 50 are OC. There was one Grime Heavy OC in the bunch. Mostly middle series but quite a few 11-13 series. I haven't sorted them but overall I think this is a pretty good lot. I also got in a smaller lot that has quite a few 11-12 series so I have a lot of sorting to do. the Grime Heavy was a nice surprise but I would have liked a Pupsi, Bum, & Choke thrown in for good measure. Can't be too greedy ;)
Basically it cost about $1.50 per card so that's not too bad at all. I would say about half the cards are NM while others may have a bend or bumped corners. The 12th series box is a mess though.
Sounds like you got a pretty decent deal, the "Grime-Heavy" was a nice little (bonus) Congrats again. Have a WACKY WEEKEND...Ron.

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #188 on: April 28, 2010, 01:34:29 PM »
I won this auction. The cards look really sharp in the pics. The dull looks like a restick but overall they all look pretty decent.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150432779479

I bid on this one as well.  I topped out at $485, not even close to the final price. 
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #189 on: April 29, 2010, 10:52:16 PM »
Some new PSAs

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2010, 04:10:07 AM »
I'm curious, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the Mess Clairoil and Runaway PSA 8's set you back for?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2010, 04:34:47 PM »
$30 & $35 respectively.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »
$30 & $35 respectively.
That Mess is really nice. That is a tough one to find decent.

There is also a very fine line between grades. I think that boo hoo looks great in the pic but it only got a 6. I wonder what is wrong with it?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:00:44 PM by BumChex »

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2010, 06:44:23 PM »
Yeah, it's why I am not hung up on grades. Anything that looks nice, I'll buy. I do like 7's and up, but the right looking 6 is fine with me. Usually 6 & 7's can be had for $7-$15 which is great because I'd pay that for a raw card that nice if it was from someone I trusted. The 8's start getting pricey so I only end up with them occasionally. Other times deals can be found when a card is marked off center, but it's not really that OC. With wackies, it's all over the map because of image size & copyright line, so a lot of times a card gets an OC when really it's just barely off, and well within the margin that should be allowed. I do not think PSA really understands these stickers.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2010, 04:42:40 AM »
Yeah, it's why I am not hung up on grades. Anything that looks nice, I'll buy. I do like 7's and up, but the right looking 6 is fine with me. Usually 6 & 7's can be had for $7-$15 which is great because I'd pay that for a raw card that nice if it was from someone I trusted. The 8's start getting pricey so I only end up with them occasionally. Other times deals can be found when a card is marked off center, but it's not really that OC. With wackies, it's all over the map because of image size & copyright line, so a lot of times a card gets an OC when really it's just barely off, and well within the margin that should be allowed. I do not think PSA really understands these stickers.
A prime example of that would be the 6th series Clammy sticker.  There is so little space between the top black border of Clammy and the black border of the Baby Runt that is adjacent to it on the sheet, that it is impossible to find one that looks like it is centered.  Many Clammys have a small bit of the Baby Runt border showing at the top edge of the card.  That should automatically qualify the card as Miscut.  If you find one that does not show any of the Baby Runt border, it looks like it is off center, shifted towards the top.

I wold venture to guess that this is probably quite a rarity to find one that PSA has not qualified as OC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Topps-Wacky-Packs-CLAMMY-SOAP-PSA-7-NM-Tough-/370359885678?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563b2b5f6e

Even on this one, you can see just a tiny bit of the Baby Runt border.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2010, 09:08:34 AM »
Great call! Yeah that one for sure. He notes only one graded higher with no qualifiers, so your theory is true.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
A prime example of that would be the 6th series Clammy sticker.  There is so little space between the top black border of Clammy and the black border of the Baby Runt that is adjacent to it on the sheet, that it is impossible to find one that looks like it is centered.  Many Clammys have a small bit of the Baby Runt border showing at the top edge of the card.  That should automatically qualify the card as Miscut.  If you find one that does not show any of the Baby Runt border, it looks like it is off center, shifted towards the top.

I wold venture to guess that this is probably quite a rarity to find one that PSA has not qualified as OC:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1974-Topps-Wacky-Packs-CLAMMY-SOAP-PSA-7-NM-Tough-/370359885678?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563b2b5f6e

Even on this one, you can see just a tiny bit of the Baby Runt border.

I never realized that about Clammy. I just checked my keeper set and it's cut pretty close to the border. Although it's a beautiful specimen it might get the OC qualifier. I also have about 6 doubles and one is really nice centering but it has track marks through it and a small bend. My other 5 doubles are fairly miscut.

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »
...but it has track marks through it...

Better get that card off the junk!

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2010, 05:04:39 PM »
I got a couple of diecuts today that turned out to be nicer than I expected:

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2010, 05:15:24 PM »
ha!

and nice pick ups!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #200 on: May 08, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
A few new PSA's

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
A few new PSA's

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice ones! These are really white.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
Thanks! The contrast is a little high on that scan, but they are all really white. The Shock is slightly toned, but I was pleasantly surprised to get these in the mail.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2010, 03:54:52 PM »
Let's breathe a little life back into this thread. Here's my latest acquisition. It's a pretty rare box, especially full. Too bad it just kinda disappears into all the other boxes.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »
Let's breathe a little life back into this thread. Here's my latest acquisition. It's a pretty rare box, especially full. Too bad it just kinda disappears into all the other boxes.

Very nice Mark! Your (Box) collection looks very simmular to mine...Even though I have no "Original Series" boxes (yet!) I have every single one after that (full) except for the (79-80) "OPC" reissues...Those are tough to find!!!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »

That's a nice item, and a cool collection!  My unopened Wacky material is limited to one of each reissue pack, some sealed ANS boxes and blisters, and Old School packs.  I know I'll give in and kill unopened original packs, and so will not buy those anymore.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2010, 06:24:28 PM »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2010, 06:40:23 PM »
This was the 1st series I ever had & (completed) when I was a child, I never thought I would own this series because of problems w/storage,  but since they are already (PSA Graded) I will not have to worry about that. BTW if anyone has the 4 titles I'm missing I would be interested, ecspecialy if they are already graded. Did I pay to much? :^) Hope everyone had a "Wacky Weekend" All my WACKY best...
RonZ 8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320548118913&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »
This was the 1st series I ever had & (completed) when I was a child, I never thought I would own this series because of problems w/storage,  but since they are already (PSA Graded) I will not have to worry about that. BTW if anyone has the 4 titles I'm missing I would be interested, ecspecialy if they are already graded. Did I pay to much? :^) Hope everyone had a "Wacky Weekend" All my WACKY best...
RonZ 8)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320548118913&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I think you did alright. That is how most cloth look so you probably wouldn't get better grades. Tough set!

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
RonZ 8)

Doesn't it cost between $5 and $8 to get cards graded and slabbed?  At the low end of this range, 26 cards would cost $130 so I would say you did great but the seller may have taken a hit on these!  Of course, maybe it is cheaper when you send in large quantities to be graded?