Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576506 times)

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #840 on: April 18, 2013, 11:37:07 AM »
I finally got mine framed a few months ago.  It was a frame kit from Michael's so I was able to do the whole thing for @ 20 bucks...........

Nice Job!! Dr....looks good...I've been meaning to get mine tooo...$20 sounds good...we can't all me made of money like B_A_!!!...(fill-in the blanks)  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:07:11 PM by RawGoo »

Online Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #841 on: April 18, 2013, 11:40:04 AM »
This is funny "Note: This was produced by GRG Collectibles, LLC, it is not a Topps product. "

Does this somehow give him the right to reproduce Topps copyrighted images for a profit?  If so, I think we should all start producing wacky t-shirts from our own high quality scans.  LEt's see if Topps C&D's us.

GRG?? - he should call it GROPPS - he's such a "wannna-be" :P :P :P

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #842 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:36 AM »
If I remember, that poster is a weird size... seems I looked for stock poster frames about a year ago to match the dimensions and couldn't find one. Is that why you went with a frame kit?

I really want with the frame kit because it was so cheap.  I think it was on close-out too.  The posters are 27.75" square.  I don't remember how the frame measurements work but the outside of my frame is 29.5" and the inside is 27.5".  You should be able to order the frames by the inch and get 2 sets of 2. 

I also had to cut a plexi-glass sheet from Lowes, but they will cut them for you for small charge if you don't have a glass blade.   
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #844 on: April 19, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »
Larger than a sketch card.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jay-lynch-original-art-16-x-20-Acrylic-Painting-Underground-comix-DROOL-GHOUL-/261201515926?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Jay, do you retain nice hi-res scans of your art before you sell them?  It would make a real nice trading card set at some point if you have enough of them.

Offline jaylynch

• World Record Sketch Artist
« Reply #845 on: April 19, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »
Yep.  i retain high res scans of all these paintings.  And I retain the copyrights in the event of their being printed. 

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #846 on: May 07, 2013, 06:14:54 PM »
I am still reeling a bit at this one: eBay auction: #111064258359

I can't believe I got no competition...though my wallet is quite glad. Am I missing something? That is a rare inflatable, right? Did someone just uncover a stash of these? LOL

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #847 on: May 07, 2013, 06:51:30 PM »

I can't believe I got no competition...though my wallet is quite glad. Am I missing something? That is a rare inflatable, right? Did someone just uncover a stash of these? LOL

Looks like you got quite a steal!  I would imagine the person listing this had no idea of its value and did a very poor job highlighting the one actual valuable item in the lot.  However, I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone did uncover a stash ;)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #848 on: May 07, 2013, 07:59:56 PM »

Who would have known about the inflatable toy? His first sentence is the sticker book and the picture is the sticker book. I have a few extras of these so I would have moved on. This guy probably thought the book was worth more so he totally screwed up. Please let us know when you see more of these :great:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #849 on: May 11, 2013, 04:41:57 PM »
sealed the deal part 2:

I've been picking away at the poster set for years. I had both a Weakies and Toadal since childhood, so of course, Cheepios was just about the last one I picked up.
But not the last, that one was Fang, thanks to Tom (Bigtomi).
So now my run is complete! - and time to start looking for upgrades for a few.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #850 on: May 11, 2013, 05:09:41 PM »
sealed the deal part 2:

I've been picking away at the poster set for years. I had both a Weakies and Toadal since childhood, so of course, Cheepios was just about the last one I picked up.

That's great Patrick, congratulations!  I finished my poster set a few months ago, also with Bigtomi's help - that last poster was Toadal.  My Weakies and Cheapios are from my childhood collection, as are maybe half the rest of the set.  I also need an upgrade or two, think one I got on ebay had writing on the back.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #851 on: May 12, 2013, 06:20:49 AM »
sealed the deal part 2:

sweet!

how large are the posters?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #852 on: May 12, 2013, 12:36:37 PM »
how large are the posters?
You are kidding, right?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 08:08:01 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #853 on: May 12, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »
You are kidding, right?

Big Tom, me no kid ‘bout de Whackee Puckie
Ono, dat wood bring me bad luckie and make me a schmucky   

I didn’t collect these as a kid, have only seen them online, and although the pack has been posted many times, the fact it has the giant dimensions on it, well, like Magilla on a banana, it just slipped my mind. And I’m stone cold sober these days. Dang it, I don’t got no excuse.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #854 on: May 12, 2013, 09:24:09 PM »

Ono, dat wood bring me bad luckie and make me a schmucky  

Bigtomi seems to have had some bad days lately when people are asking questions. Don't worry about it. My worry is this sentence.  :] :]

BTW I never collected the posters and only have one poster pack but even though I have one poster pack for my collection I never analyzed it and didn't really know the dimensions until now.

That poster pack is buried with my other unopened packs.

People post so condescending sometimes but not everyone reads all the posts or have a good handle on their collection. Some are so anal about their collection that they read and study everything. People have to realize not everyone does. It may sound strange but some people collect to get everything but don't actually analyze what they have. They are too busy collecting.

I've been called out for buying multiple of stuff that I didn't think I have. That can happen. Things move quickly when new product is presented that I forget what I already have. Some may think this is stupid but when you are in the heat of the battle with auctions and such you get complacent. It's not scatter brain it's the heat of the collecting moment. I looked yesterday and I found I have 4 extra Ans 10 bonus cards from retail packs. I only bought 2 retail packs but then I also bought bonus cards on eBay and when they arrived I realized I already had them.

With so many variations to the new series its easy to forget what you have and don't have. Some may not agree with that statement but its true and I know several other collectors have screwed up too. It doesn't mean anything, we aren't talking about a $100 purchase.

My point is not everyone is so anal about the details. I think some people think everyone should know everything but that is not reality. There are new collectors too that may not even know the details of the original series so we have to show everyone some respect to their questions because if we don't we won't have a forum. That is what a forum is; to ask questions seeking answers and, really, nothing more.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:44:18 PM by BumChex »

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #855 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:56 AM »
quote author=BumChex link=topic=53.msg58950#msg58950 date=1367981996
FORUM PURPOSE           WHAT ABOUT ARGUING WITH BANDACHES           THAT MUST FIT IN AS WELL
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Kook

« Reply #856 on: May 13, 2013, 05:53:14 AM »
Big Tom, me no kid ‘bout de Whackee Puckie
Ono, dat wood bring me bad luckie and make me a schmucky    (Image removed from quote.)

I didn’t collect these as a kid, have only seen them online, and although the pack has been posted many times, the fact it has the giant dimensions on it, well, like Magilla on a banana, it just slipped my mind. And I’m stone cold sober these days. Dang it, I don’t got no excuse.

Actually, the blue poster pack has the correct dimensions for the 1973 yellow test posters i.e. 9-1/2" (or sometimes just a bit more) x 18-1/2", but the 1974 poster release in the blue packs are 9-1/2" x 18", which is, essentially, how you can tell the difference. Some people call the 1973 test posters in the yellow packs "long posters".

I've been hacking away at this set for many years myself and it's not an easy one. I'm down to missing just 1 poster - Camals, and would like to upgrade my Fang, Crakola & cheepios. If anyone has any available, please PM.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #857 on: May 13, 2013, 08:07:42 AM »
I'm impressed with guys like Bill and Rob and the level of completism they aspire to. Really, I'm only able to be
as precise as I am about the wacky items I collect because it's a very limited group of items (die cuts, ads, 1-16 stickers, packs, wrappers, display boxes). If I had to keep track of OPC, posters, UK stickers, 1979 test stickers. etc. etc. I would have lost my mind a long time ago.

And incidentally, I don't think Bigtomi was being condescending, just trying to be humorous. Tom is very polite really.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #858 on: May 13, 2013, 08:27:04 AM »
Bigtomi seems to have had some bad days lately when people are asking questions. Don't worry about it. My worry is this sentence.  :] :]

BTW I never collected the posters and only have one poster pack but even though I have one poster pack for my collection I never analyzed it and didn't really know the dimensions until now.

That poster pack is buried with my other unopened packs.

People post so condescending sometimes but not everyone reads all the posts or have a good handle on their collection. Some are so anal about their collection that they read and study everything. People have to realize not everyone does. It may sound strange but some people collect to get everything but don't actually analyze what they have. They are too busy collecting.

I've been called out for buying multiple of stuff that I didn't think I have. That can happen. Things move quickly when new product is presented that I forget what I already have. Some may think this is stupid but when you are in the heat of the battle with auctions and such you get complacent. It's not scatter brain it's the heat of the collecting moment. I looked yesterday and I found I have 4 extra Ans 10 bonus cards from retail packs. I only bought 2 retail packs but then I also bought bonus cards on eBay and when they arrived I realized I already had them.

With so many variations to the new series its easy to forget what you have and don't have. Some may not agree with that statement but its true and I know several other collectors have screwed up too. It doesn't mean anything, we aren't talking about a $100 purchase.

My point is not everyone is so anal about the details. I think some people think everyone should know everything but that is not reality. There are new collectors too that may not even know the details of the original series so we have to show everyone some respect to their questions because if we don't we won't have a forum. That is what a forum is; to ask questions seeking answers and, really, nothing more.

I totally agree with you that people shouldn't criticize or be condescending when members ask questions on the forum, even if the question seems dumb to others.  This forum is intended to be for fun and can be useful to exchange information, and when people see remarks like "geez, didn't you read this thread?", not only is it insulting but I'm sure it also makes other members that aren't as experienced as others hesitant to ask questions out of fear that they will be laughed at. 

We are all different people and not all of us approach the hobby the same way, and I think some forget that part.  Some take it more serious than others, some have more money than others, and some have more time than others.  The bottom line is that the hobby is supposed to be fun, and the members of the forum should be willing to help each other out without making them feel stupid.

Afterall, these are kids stickers we're collecting, right?               

Offline Kook

« Reply #859 on: May 13, 2013, 08:41:05 AM »
I totally agree with you that people shouldn't criticize or be condescending when members ask questions on the forum, even if the question seems dumb to others.  This forum is intended to be for fun and can be useful to exchange information, and when people see remarks like "geez, didn't you read this thread?", not only is it insulting but I'm sure it also makes other members that aren't as experienced as others hesitant to ask questions out of fear that they will be laughed at. 

We are all different people and not all of us approach the hobby the same way, and I think some forget that part.  Some take it more serious than others, some have more money than others, and some have more time than others.  The bottom line is that the hobby is supposed to be fun, and the members of the forum should be willing to help each other out without making them feel stupid.

Afterall, these are kids stickers we're collecting, right?               

Well put.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #860 on: May 13, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »
Thanks Rob!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #861 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:42 AM »

And incidentally, I don't think Bigtomi was being condescending, just trying to be humorous. Tom is very polite really.

I agree.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #862 on: May 13, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
I just wanted to mention that my post was primarily aimed at laughing at myself. I appreciate the correction and the info and did not take it in a negative way. We all collect and focus on different aspects of the hobby. Like some others, sometimes I focus on the minutia and the next minute miss the train that is passing by.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #863 on: May 13, 2013, 11:56:04 AM »
I just wanted to mention that my post was primarily aimed at laughing at myself. I appreciate the correction and the info and did not take it in a negative way. We all collect and focus on different aspects of the hobby. Like some others, sometimes I focus on the minutia and the next minute miss the train that is passing by.

My comment was not made to insult Tom. I really didn't say anything bad. I don't know if Tom was joking or not. The reason I said it is because he also made a reply to my post about my attention to detail so that is 2 posts in a couple days that aren't like Tom at all. If I hurt anyone's feelings then I'm sorry and I apologize to Tom.

Sometimes posts can be cold since your not actually speaking directly with that forum member. No one has any idea if they are joking or not unless they add a funny emoticon.

I didn't take any offense to Toms reply to me as you can see by my answer and I appreciate others clarifying Topps involvement with the NSU binders.

I think we might be making too much out of this so get back to work...HaHa :great:

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #864 on: May 13, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
                                                                                              quote author=BumChex
                                                                          I need entertainment so start "debating" with someone
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #865 on: May 13, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »
                                                                                              quote author=BumChex
                                                                          I need entertainment so start "debating" with someone
Lance, you're entertaining enough  :] :]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #866 on: May 13, 2013, 04:47:15 PM »
I should probably just let sleeping dogs lie on this, but it wouldn't be fair to remain silent.

Thanks to those of you who "sided" with me, as you are correct. I had no condescending intentions toward Rob in my response, though it wasn't exactly a joke. I was truly a bit surprised at his question, I suppose, though with no justification for being so. To me (and many others), the information is so "Wacky Pack 101". However, what Brad and Rob P. have said definitely applies: We don't all know everything about this hobby (i.e. Paul Maul has forgotten more about unopened packs than I'll ever know; actually, he probably hasn't forgotten anything, LOL). Anyway, I figured I'd combine my taken-off-guard response with an answer, hence the post.

Sorry to cause such a fervor...so let's move on. As Timone said, "Ya gotta put your past behind ya".

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #867 on: May 13, 2013, 04:50:19 PM »
Bigtomi - Nice!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #868 on: May 14, 2013, 07:53:44 AM »
I should probably just let sleeping dogs lie on this, but it wouldn't be fair to remain silent.

Thanks to those of you who "sided" with me, as you are correct. I had no condescending intentions toward Rob in my response, though it wasn't exactly a joke. I was truly a bit surprised at his question, I suppose, though with no justification for being so. To me (and many others), the information is so "Wacky Pack 101". However, what Brad and Rob P. have said definitely applies: We don't all know everything about this hobby (i.e. Paul Maul has forgotten more about unopened packs than I'll ever know; actually, he probably hasn't forgotten anything, LOL). Anyway, I figured I'd combine my taken-off-guard response with an answer, hence the post.

Sorry to cause such a fervor...so let's move on. As Timone said, "Ya gotta put your past behind ya".

I think you meant to say "I had no condescending intentions toward "Brad"?  If you had a response to me I totally missed it, but it's all good.   

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #869 on: May 14, 2013, 08:04:18 AM »
I think you meant to say "I had no condescending intentions toward "Brad"?  If you had a response to me I totally missed it, but it's all good.   

He meant the other Rob, Jean Nutty.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #870 on: May 28, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
Just picked this up in a trade...what a beauty! Perfect centering, no toning on the back. First Campy I've ever owned, and a keeper for sure!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 02:02:09 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #871 on: May 28, 2013, 09:27:21 AM »
Just picked this up in a trade...what a beauty! Perfect centering, no toning on the back. First Campy I've ever owned, and a keeper for sure!

(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Kook

« Reply #872 on: May 28, 2013, 09:31:40 AM »

That's a real beauty! Congratulations!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #873 on: May 28, 2013, 04:26:25 PM »
Very nice Dave!  I find this much more interesting than overpriced binders and sketch cards!
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #874 on: May 28, 2013, 08:26:15 PM »
I find this much more interesting than overpriced binders and sketch cards!

Can't say I disagree!