Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576583 times)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2010, 10:32:43 AM »
Nice! I was watching that one too.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »
I have heard that only happens to a percentage of people. I know mine does  but not my wifes  :o
OK we have officially hit a rat hole ;)
There some debate if genes control the creation of the digestive byproducts or if people’s ability to smell the odor is a genetic trait.
I’ve eaten asparagus my whole life but only about 3 years ago noticed this phenomenon.
I've always though people were nuts when they talked about this subject!

Sorry to make the ratz hole deeper...here is a wacky that I wish I added to my collection this week!

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2010, 12:49:09 PM »
I got the full album box too. The OPC box is a wee bit tougher to find.
A wee bit??? To say the least!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
The start of my LTL collection. These are the 2 foot stickers. A lot of the original series images are inferior to varying degrees. The Old School prints are great. Probably the best examples of their technology. They OS prints tend to be pale and drab. IOU and Demented Tomatoes are two strong examples. It may be hard to see in these photos but the inferiority is apparent in person. LTL has improved the IOU file and is sending me a replacement. Over time they may be able to improve other files.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »
The start of my LTL collection. These are the 2 foot stickers. A lot of the original series images are inferior to varying degrees. The Old School prints are great. Probably the best examples of their technology. They OS prints tend to be pale and drab. IOU and Demented Tomatoes are two strong examples. It may be hard to see in these photos but the inferiority is apparent in person. LTL has improved the IOU file and is sending me a replacement. Over time they may be able to improve other files.
Those look FANTASTIC Mark!!! :o

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2010, 12:29:49 PM »
I finaly got my 1st (non-repeated title) "Die Cut" it is (Campy Spider Soup) It's in decent shape but it is "mis-cut" pretty bad. I also got a nice lot of "PSAs" (6)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
I finaly got my 1st (non-repeated title) "Die Cut" it is (Campy Spider Soup) It's in decent shape but it is "mis-cut" pretty bad. I also got a nice lot of "PSAs" (6)

Good choice! The only NR DC I have is Alcohol Seltzer.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »
Good choice! The only NR DC I have is Alcohol Seltzer.

The "Die-Cuts" and the 16th O.S. are all I have left to (complete) my collection! I've got (4) "Die-Cuts" & (3) 16th...still have quite a way to go!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2010, 04:33:02 PM »

I wanna see!

Congrats!
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »
Just got this in the mail today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350331395376

Once I sell the blue pack for $15 or $20, I will have obtained a perfect condition GAI 9 yellow poster pack for $130 or so. In 2003, I started a thread on the forum called "God doesn't Want me to own a yellow poster pack"
because I had bid upwards of $200 for one several times (ungraded packs, mind you) and had always lost.

How times have changed! If people's fixation on Old School sketch cards causes items like this to go cheap, I am all for it! One more ad variation to go. 8)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2010, 08:03:47 PM »
Just got this in the mail today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350331395376

Once I sell the blue pack for $15 or $20, I will have obtained a perfect condition GAI 9 yellow poster pack for $130 or so. In 2003, I started a thread on the forum called "God doesn't Want me to own a yellow poster pack"
because I had bid upwards of $200 for one several times (ungraded packs, mind you) and had always lost.

How times have changed! If people's fixation on Old School sketch cards causes items like this to go cheap, I am all for it! One more ad variation to go. 8)

Isn't there an auction for all three yellow pack variations in graded form for like $450 or less?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »
Yes, but those packs appear to be nowhere near as nice. I'm not sure if it is still the policy, but the original
incarnation of GAI would only award a grade of 9 if the packs were pulled by them from a full box. Having
inspected this pack, it's perfect and I'm definitely surprised no one else would bid over $125 for the pair.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2010, 10:05:20 PM »
I wanna see!

Congrats!
Thanks! As soon as I figure it out, my wife had to put my (Avitar) up for me! I feel so ignorant...LOL!!! :] Not that funny actualy :(

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2010, 10:22:11 PM »
I got this Slum Maid for $16.00! I am about to crack'er open  :P

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »
Thanks! As soon as I figure it out, my wife had to put my (Avitar) up for me! I feel so ignorant...LOL!!! :] Not that funny actualy :(

no worries... but I can't wait to see them!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2010, 03:32:51 AM »
I got this Slum Maid for $16.00! I am about to crack'er open  :P

(Image removed from quote.)

That flying saucers card looks like it comes from an interesting set. Are all the cards paintings?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2010, 04:03:30 AM »
That flying saucers card looks like it comes from an interesting set. Are all the cards paintings?
That Scoop set is 156 cards, all paintings.  It's really beautiful!  I have a complete set, my oldest by far - my great-uncle gave it to me when he found out that I was into card collecting.  It's not in fantastic condition, as the big stack was rubber-banded together and stored that way for years, but with the exception of one card (#41), all the images in my set are undamaged, and I can tell you, they are really a treat to look at.  The newspaper items on the back are also really cool, especially where they created them for events that happened hundreds of years ago.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2010, 05:05:37 AM »
Raw goo Nailed it, it is a beautiful set. I only have 3. A few cards in the set are very expensive because they are sports related, but generally they are not too bad. I'll scan the other two later on today.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2010, 12:04:49 PM »
It's a "little" O/C (Slum-Maid) but other than that it looks great! :o

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »
It's a "little" O/C (Slum-Maid) but other than that it looks great! :o
They probably submitted it with no qualifiers so it lowered it's grade. I know a lot of people don't like PSA grading their wacky but a PSA 5 or 6 is better then a lot of raw stuff out there.  That PSA 6 band ache that just sold, most would probably consider it NM-mint but people see the grade and lower the value. People seek out the raw stuff to find the holy grail.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2010, 07:23:00 PM »
The only physical defect is there is a 1/8" crease from a perf to the border on the left. Otherwise it's flawless other than centering & slightly off registration. I often wonder when a card is that perfect if the pref creases don't happen in the embossing process. At any rate, raw I think this would have sold for a lot higher, sometimes the label scares buyers away, and I love that!

... and it's cracked now  ^-^

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2010, 07:27:08 PM »
The only physical defect is there is a 1/8" crease from a perf to the border on the left. Otherwise it's flawless other than centering & slightly off registration. I often wonder when a card is that perfect if the pref creases don't happen in the embossing process. At any rate, raw I think this would have sold for a lot higher, sometimes the label scares buyers away, and I love that!

... and it's cracked now  ^-^
Cracked is striking a match and making it strike you back
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2010, 07:50:52 PM »
I always liked Cracked better than mad

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2010, 10:38:05 PM »
I always liked Cracked better than mad
Heres a funny joke.......ggsfgjkg..gjk,gdngbdsbfhngmjh,kh.k/;l/;/.kfjmddvcadfg,jk.u;ojtrhjtjttyrwegeregthjukyuiluiluluuo;llulteegeggrfsdsqtgddhjjftll,j./;daDASHJI;Ong8=6ijddfvvsfrwda2425yko7oooljtdhggggetergweqsdsfwrrtrgeryyjytejjkyuklluilu;;ulhhgsdvadr3yyhhNow thats one funny joke.......Lance

"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #129 on: April 07, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2010, 03:36:27 PM »
Heres a funny joke.......ggsfgjkg..gjk,gdngbdsbfhngmjh,kh.k/;l/;/.kfjmddvcadfg,jk.u;ojtrhjtjttyrwegeregthjukyuiluiluluuo;llulteegeggrfsdsqtgddhjjftll,j./;daDASHJI;Ong8=6ijddfvvsfrwda2425yko7oooljtdhggggetergweqsdsfwrrtrgeryyjytejjkyuklluilu;;ulhhgsdvadr3yyhhNow thats one funny joke.......Lance

I don't get it :^)

« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
I don't get it :^)
Your not supposed to be able to read the yellow,pretend it's a blur.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2010, 05:49:02 PM »
Your not supposed to be able to read the yellow,pretend it's a blur.
I should have never told you how to use color :-X

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2010, 05:53:05 PM »
I can't even read half of this color stuff.....

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »
I can't even read half of this color stuff.....
Count your blessings!

ZING!

« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2010, 02:41:19 AM »
Brad, why dont you just eliminate the color option all together,it makes no difference to me 1 way or the other.It;s very clear to me the crybabies that hangout here are never going to go away.

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2010, 05:52:20 AM »
Brad, why dont you just eliminate the color option all together,it makes no difference to me 1 way or the other.It;s very clear to me the crybabies that hangout here are never going to go away.

For what it's worth, I thought your post with the yellow portion you weren't supposed to be able to read was pretty funny.

Also, if people can't read a post due to color, they can hit "quote"; and then it all shows up in easy-to-read black and white.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2010, 06:17:14 AM »
Also, if people can't read a post due to color, they can hit "quote"; and then it all shows up in easy-to-read black and white.
I'll have to try that, thanks!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2010, 08:15:18 AM »
I'll have to try that, thanks!

Or just drag your mouse and highlight the text, which usually makes it a more readable color combo.

I've seen text color used as spoiler text also. For example, highlight the "invisible" text on the next line to read it:
Wackys Rule!

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2010, 09:11:29 AM »
Got my basic Old School set ..

How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

anything