Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576497 times)

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #665 on: October 19, 2011, 07:52:02 AM »
Agreed!

I'm still waiting for one of you to build a swimming pool that's actually a giant Wacky. With black border, properly shaped and with the image in little tiles so you can see it from Google Maps.

LOL! Now that would be dedication!

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #666 on: October 19, 2011, 10:02:38 AM »
It would be a nice variation to looking at crop circles !  ;D
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #667 on: October 27, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
Here's a trip down my hall from upstairs.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2011, 05:10:57 PM »
Thanks Jeff...thanks alot, that reminds me of just how disorganized I am. But that looks sweet! How can anybody who has ever liked Wacky Packages walk by that everday and not stop, if even for a second and smile. GOOD JOB!  I'm afraid you will have to take more pictures when the new stuff comes in!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:38:06 PM by lucidjc »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #669 on: October 27, 2011, 05:16:45 PM »
Thanks, and I will update. It took some time to do, but it was totally worth it. Those vending set stickers look cool on the black background frames. Sometimes I will just sit on the step and check it all out. Tons of neat stuff to observe.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #670 on: October 27, 2011, 05:22:21 PM »
Thanks, and I will update. It took some time to do, but it was totally worth it. Those vending set stickers look cool on the black background frames. Sometimes I will just sit on the step and check it all out. Tons of neat stuff to observe.

Awesome and awesomer.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #671 on: October 27, 2011, 05:41:50 PM »
The whole thing is truly super and I completely agree about the vending stickers, those look particularly eye-catching framed that that.  Fantastic job Jeff!!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #672 on: October 27, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
Yeah, awesome display!! I am now going to frame my vendings on black like you did. Is it just black construction paper? Looks very deep black.
Also like the 3x3 framed stuff. Heck it all looks fantastic. Thanks for posting!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #673 on: October 27, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
Wow, looks fantastic.  I have always loved wackys with black backing, makes the wacky stand out!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #674 on: October 27, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
Yeah, awesome display!! I am now going to frame my vendings on black like you did. Is it just black construction paper? Looks very deep black.
Also like the 3x3 framed stuff. Heck it all looks fantastic. Thanks for posting!

Do it, you love it. It was so long ago I don't remember - I just looked at them and I think it was some black thin material I had that I used for the backing. With the vending stickers being foil type - it really makes them "pop". The sketches kept piling up series after series so I got some of those ultra pro thick holder/displays. They fit nicely side by side in that spot. I also liked the way the sketches look with the thick black frame that is part of the frame. What is also good to know is that when you tighten these down all the way, there is a nice cavity space that the card sits in and it's not squeezed by the design. One of the few times you want a cavity.

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #675 on: October 27, 2011, 09:34:20 PM »
Wow, looks fantastic.  I have always loved wackys with black backing, makes the wacky stand out!

Thanks Ern. It's always great having them displayed and makes a nice conversation starter. Hanging the G.F.s was a bit challenging, until I finally figured I used a U aluminum channel and drilled out the holes that the little plastic hanger piece goes into, then the box hangs on that. Had to mark, measure and drill it out first, then attach it to the wall studs, but it allowed me to line up all the boxes nicely.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #676 on: October 27, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
The sketches kept piling up series after series

lol, I am jealous!

very nice

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #677 on: October 28, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »

lol, I am jealous!

very nice

Thanks. Happy to share this with the forum.  :great:

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #678 on: October 28, 2011, 01:10:19 PM »
VERY NICE.......NOW I'M 100% SURE I AM NOT AN AVID WP COLLECTOR
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #679 on: October 28, 2011, 03:57:12 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

We should give out awards for this kind of thing!  If you have an amazing collection or display like this you should get an "Official Wacky Packages Extreme Collector" certificate or something like that.

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #680 on: October 28, 2011, 10:16:03 PM »
We should give out awards for this kind of thing!  If you have an amazing collection or display like this you should get an "Official Wacky Packages Extreme Collector" certificate or something like that.

LOL - Thank you.

Offline Crust

« Reply #681 on: October 29, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »

:o Amazing! It's like a wacky museum!

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #682 on: November 01, 2011, 05:29:48 PM »
I would imagine Paul Argyropolous would have a one word adjective to describe this display...    :smiley_confused1:

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #683 on: November 08, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »

On Phony Lisa, the guy with the magnifying glass looks like one of the Keno brothers from the Antiques Roadshow on TV. Excellent rendition, really well done.

[expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/GPKA.png[/expando] [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/GPKB.png[/expando] [expando]http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z332/rbishop224/GPKC.png[/expando]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #684 on: November 08, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
I would imagine Paul Argyropolous would have a one word adjective to describe this display...    :smiley_confused1:
"swell"?    Am I close?  LOL

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #685 on: November 08, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »
"swell"?    Am I close?  LOL

Verrry close !   ;)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #686 on: November 08, 2011, 05:39:27 PM »
Verrry close !   ;)
Aren't you in effect stating this on Paul's behalf?  Regardless, I think it looks great!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #687 on: November 09, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
I never said I didn't like it....  also,  it was a joke Ern !

:0012398:

Offline bandaches

« Reply #688 on: November 09, 2011, 05:30:56 PM »
I never said I didn't like it....  also,  it was a joke Ern !

:0012398:

LOL, you never said you didn't like it?  I never said I didn't like that you never said you didn't like his display.  It too was a joke Jeff  :]

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #689 on: November 10, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
 :57:

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #690 on: November 10, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
:57:

Okay you two jokers? What's in your collection this week?  ;)
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #691 on: November 11, 2011, 05:30:34 AM »
I recently acquired a 14th tan set with puzzle from Matt Stock.  It's in great condition.  Believe it or not, I have been collecting on and off again since 1995 and never had the tans until now....

:0012393:

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #692 on: November 11, 2011, 05:38:57 AM »

I like what you did with the vending wackies and sketches !

Offline Crust

« Reply #693 on: November 11, 2011, 08:43:58 AM »
I just noticed that in one of your pics, you have one of the fbII printing plates. Can you show us which one?

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #694 on: November 11, 2011, 02:24:03 PM »
That looks great. It looks like a store display, hey how much for 2 packs !!!

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #695 on: November 11, 2011, 02:30:13 PM »
I have all 1-16 Original (A)set also All Wacky Ads & All Die Cuts as I have been collecting Wackys,in a  seriously mode for 20 years. I remember being a kid in the 60's having die-cuts, not realizing what they were at the time. They must have been lost or thrown out as the years went on then in 73 with series 1 coming out me & a neighboorhood friend started buying them. We would go to a little candy shop to get them in New York, there was an old Italian man who owned the store. We were keen on getting a set complete, Topps issued the next series & soon after the 3rd but we both didnt comlete 2. I remember asking the man about the last series & his response was " We no asella 2nd aseries WackyApacks ano more" with the heavy accent.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #696 on: November 11, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
I have all 1-16 Original (A)set also All Wacky Ads & All Die Cuts as I have been collecting Wackys,in a  seriously mode for 20 years. I remember being a kid in the 60's having die-cuts, not realizing what they were at the time. They must have been lost or thrown out as the years went on then in 73 with series 1 coming out me & a neighboorhood friend started buying them. We would go to a little candy shop to get them in New York, there was an old Italian man who owned the store. We were keen on getting a set complete, Topps issued the next series & soon after the 3rd but we both didnt comlete 2. I remember asking the man about the last series & his response was " We no asella 2nd aseries WackyApacks ano more" with the heavy accent.

Do you have the Cracked and Ratz as part of your die-cut collection? 

Offline Ruffs

« Reply #697 on: November 11, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
Do you have the Cracked and Ratz as part of your die-cut collection? 
Yes I do.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #698 on: November 11, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #699 on: November 13, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »
I just noticed that in one of your pics, you have one of the fbII printing plates. Can you show us which one?

Pro-Grossout, it's a yellow plate.

I have to take a new picture now, I recently updated this area significantly.  :o

anything