Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576388 times)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #455 on: March 06, 2011, 08:44:26 AM »
I thought this thread needed another bump.  I picked up a few new die-cuts over the past week or so.  They all do have some minor flaws, but I thought these turned out to be pretty nice examples.  I was glad to finally get a Fearstone too!  It is slightly off-center to the right but as I have been watching Fearstones for the past several months, and they seem to be notorious for centering problems.

All in all, I'm pretty happy!

A few of those look very nice from the front.  Is that the #23 6UP?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #456 on: March 06, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
A few of those look very nice from the front.  Is that the #23 6UP?
No it is a #41.  I haven't dived into the rare number variations yet.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #457 on: March 06, 2011, 02:06:48 PM »

This may not be the best place to post this, but I saw this rack at Best Buy yesterday that holds and displays pens.  What caught my attention is that they are sized perfectly to put 2.5" x 3.5" trading cards into them laying flat, plus they have a place where you could stick labels on them to organize your various series. Something like this would be an immense help to me with all of these new series we've had since 2004.  It's a great way to store your extras and not have to go digging through closets for them.

The question is, how to get our hands on them.  They are obviously not for sale at Best Buy. 

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #458 on: March 06, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »
This may not be the best place to post this, but I saw this rack at Best Buy yesterday that holds and displays pens.  What caught my attention is that they are sized perfectly to put 2.5" x 3.5" trading cards into them laying flat, plus they have a place where you could stick labels on them to organize your various series. Something like this would be an immense help to me with all of these new series we've had since 2004.  It's a great way to store your extras and not have to go digging through closets for them.

The question is, how to get our hands on them.  They are obviously not for sale at Best Buy. 

Some of us have grabbed a Target announcement flyer and walked right out of the store. How much harder could this be?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #459 on: March 06, 2011, 06:28:50 PM »
I thought this thread needed another bump.  I picked up a few new die-cuts over the past week or so.  They all do have some minor flaws, but I thought these turned out to be pretty nice examples.  I was glad to finally get a Fearstone too!  It is slightly off-center to the right but as I have been watching Fearstones for the past several months, and they seem to be notorious for centering problems.

All in all, I'm pretty happy!

Beauties!!!!

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #460 on: March 06, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
Some of us have grabbed a Target announcement flyer and walked right out of the store. How much harder could this be?
:P
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Crust

« Reply #461 on: March 07, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »
Ya, getting display boxes etc. can be can of hard. You could always do what I do with Wacky's and other cards,  if there are only a few things left buy two or three, take the box and put the rest somewhere else. >:D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #462 on: March 07, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »
Ya, getting display boxes etc. can be can of hard. You could always do what I do with Wacky's and other cards,  if there are only a few things left buy two or three, take the box and put the rest somewhere else. >:D

That won't work for this rack though.  It's pretty big.  (no big rack jokes please!)  I may ask the manager who they buy their display products from and contact them directly.  If not I'll ask the manager if I can take the rack if I buy every pen inside! 

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #463 on: March 11, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »
This was the best thread I could think of to post this. I just got in a collection from an eBay win and after sorting thru it, this came close to bringing tears to my eyes:

Finding these in there, though, certainly helped me fight back the tears:

If anyone has a good use for a peeled Bum, Choke or S&S variation, PM me and I'm sure we can work something out...cheap, LOL.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #464 on: March 11, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #465 on: March 11, 2011, 03:14:36 PM »
did you know these were in the lot before you won it? 

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #466 on: March 11, 2011, 04:24:42 PM »
sounds painful

It can bring tears to your eyes.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #467 on: March 11, 2011, 06:24:43 PM »
sounds painful
LOL, guess I should have proofread that before posting it...

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #468 on: March 11, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »
If anyone has a good use for a peeled Bum, Choke or S&S variation, PM me and I'm sure we can work something out...cheap

That definitely sounds immoral, illegal, unethical, or all three

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #469 on: March 11, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
did you know these were in the lot before you won it? 
The non-peeled ones, yes, but not the peeled ones. Broke my Wacky heart, lol.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #470 on: March 11, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
That definitely sounds immoral, illegal, unethical, or all three
I've actually had a peeled Bum before...I survived.   :P

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2011, 12:05:56 PM »
I've actually had a peeled Bum before...I survived.   :P

Picked up a Series 15 uncut sheet this week..nice price..sheet had some issues..but will display nice under glass and matting in a cool frame...saved $709 v. what had sold @ the vault yrs ago...go price..

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #472 on: March 14, 2011, 03:03:27 PM »
 was the set with the with the bum chex worth the EBay price (you out bid me) I was just wondering because the pictures weren't the clearest - Joe

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #473 on: March 14, 2011, 07:27:54 PM »
was the set with the with the bum chex worth the EBay price (you out bid me) I was just wondering because the pictures weren't the clearest - Joe
Yeah, I kinda took a bit of a chance with this one and actually bumped up my high bid at the last moment. Overall, the lot was pretty good, but there were about 3 dozen peeled stickers (not a half dozen, like he wrote) and the Choke and Bums were not that great. I feel like I paid pretty much what they're worth, no bargain, but not a rip-off, either.

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #474 on: March 15, 2011, 09:07:35 AM »
Tom,

I have been looking for a lower-grade Choke Wagon for a "display" set that I have been putting together.  You have anything available?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:31 PM »
Tom,

I have been looking for a lower-grade Choke Wagon for a "display" set that I have been putting together.  You have anything available?
PM sent.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »
I also received a lot of puzzle pieces with this collection. It turns out 3 of them are 1st series UK checklists in pretty good shape. I have no use for them, is anyone interested?

• Administrator
« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2011, 07:15:12 PM »
I also received a lot of puzzle pieces with this collection. It turns out 3 of them are 1st series UK checklists in pretty good shape. I have no use for them, is anyone interested?
I'd be interested in the TL or any of the bottom 3.

• Administrator
« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2011, 11:39:07 AM »
nothing too spectacular about the cards themselves, but these two were the last two I needed to close out my full 1-16 run. YES!!! I have finally "sealed the deal", as that thread on Greg's old board was called. W00t!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »
nothing too spectacular about the cards themselves, but these two were the last two I needed to close out my full 1-16 run. YES!!! I have finally "sealed the deal", as that thread on Greg's old board was called. W00t!!

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
I had no idea you didn't have a complete 1-16, congrats!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #480 on: March 19, 2011, 12:11:27 PM »

You STD!

Right on!

• Administrator
« Reply #481 on: March 19, 2011, 12:21:46 PM »
yeah, after picking up the majority of a run almost 10 years ago, i got sidetracked and started going after wrappers, boxes and sheets.
and then all the new stuff kept on coming out.
this delay in OLDS2 was good for me - as I finally went after the last 4 cards I needed in the last 3 months (Bum, Choke, Grime, Pupsi)

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #482 on: March 19, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »
this delay in OLDS2 was good for me

Trouble maker

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #483 on: March 19, 2011, 01:40:20 PM »
I still have one UK 1st puzzle piece available. I am giving it away, as long as you promise to give it a good home and a comfy place to live, lol. Just LMK.

Patrick: Like Ernie, I was surprised you didn't already have a complete 1-16. Congrats!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 01:44:01 PM by bigtomi »

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #484 on: March 19, 2011, 01:40:24 PM »

Congrats! Maybe I'll join you someday.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #485 on: March 19, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »

I don't either, I'm still missing one Bum/Choke puzzle piece and one 11th series puzzle piece. I refuse to complete my run until I can find these pieces in immaculate shape!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #486 on: March 19, 2011, 02:46:15 PM »
this delay in OLDS2 was good for me - as I finally went after the last 4 cards I needed in the last 3 months (Bum, Choke, Grime, Pupsi)

Same here... i went through my collection and noted some substandard stickers and have been replacing  them during this lull between frenzies. I upgraded about 8 stickers in the past two weeks  and am still on the lookout for 4 or  5 more.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #487 on: March 19, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
Why does it seem so hard to find a decent Choke Wagon? I think I have gone through about 10 in my lifetime and most have a miscut top left corner. Most I've seen are miscut. I think I have one fairly decent one for my collection but I had to go through several just to find one.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #488 on: March 20, 2011, 05:25:18 AM »

Congratulations Patrick!!  I remember how happy I was when I got that last puzzle piece a few years ago.

• Administrator
« Reply #489 on: March 20, 2011, 09:06:32 AM »
Congratulations Patrick!!  I remember how happy I was when I got that last puzzle piece a few years ago.
thanks! it is kind of a thrill to know I've got them all now.

anything