Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576520 times)

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #420 on: October 04, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
Thanks Rob. So it seems the promo didn't come with the book. Do you know how it was distributed? Also, do you know what it has sold for in the past & how often it appears? I only recall seeing 1 or 2 in the past several years.
I had two and sold my extra on ebay within the last year.  These pop up from time to time.  Very low demand for some reason keeps the price down as supply is obviously low on them.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #421 on: October 05, 2010, 06:04:07 AM »
Thanks Rob. So it seems the promo didn't come with the book. Do you know how it was distributed? Also, do you know what it has sold for in the past & how often it appears? I only recall seeing 1 or 2 in the past several years.

I think they were given away for free to promote the book.  Some of your questions might be answered on the back of the card..........

Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #422 on: October 05, 2010, 07:49:58 AM »
I think they were given away for free to promote the book.  Some of your questions might be answered on the back of the card..........

Thanks Rob,
Do you have any auction/ebay price range or history in your "master list" for these? $1.25 seems pretty low. I wonder if these postcards had any influence on (provided any inspiration for) the birth of the topps postcard program??

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #423 on: October 05, 2010, 08:29:58 AM »
Thanks Rob,
Do you have any auction/ebay price range or history in your "master list" for these? $1.25 seems pretty low. I wonder if these postcards had any influence on (provided any inspiration for) the birth of the topps postcard program??

I have them at $15.00 on my personal price guide.  Like Ernie said they are fairly rare but don't seem to be that desirable so they don't sell that high.  To me it's a neat little item to own.  If you get a chance to track down those nostalgia books they put out they are pretty cool too.  Here is a pic of one of them............

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #424 on: October 05, 2010, 08:33:12 AM »
Thanks Rob,

I doubt they had any influence on the Topps Wacky postcards though.  They seem too obscure to be much of an influence, plus they were done almost 15 years ago.  You never know though.  If Neil sees this maybe he would know.   

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #425 on: October 10, 2010, 06:21:56 AM »
I've suddenly gotten a Die-Cut bug and I picked this set up for around $40 shipped the other day.  I know some of them have some problem corners and a few creases but I thought it was a pretty good deal still.

Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #426 on: October 10, 2010, 09:17:10 AM »
I've suddenly gotten a Die-Cut bug and I picked this set up for around $40 shipped the other day.  I know some of them have some problem corners and a few creases but I thought it was a pretty good deal still.

Nice score!  Tough to go wrong on getting non punched diecuts for close to $5 each! 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline MountainGoo

« Reply #427 on: October 11, 2010, 03:34:29 PM »
For me....nothing ventured....nothing gained....lol
Run To The Hills...Run For Your Life

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2010, 06:05:21 PM »
A big "thank you" to Dave Schmidt for finally hooking me up with a red Original Series pack:

[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/forum/users/BustedFinger/uploads/P1020888.JPG[/expando]

This is a 3rd series pack.  I have been searching and watching for a red O.S. pack for about a year and Dave finally caved in and sold me this one!!

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »
Getting that red pack finally completed my quest to own one Original Series pack of each different color:

[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/forum/users/BustedFinger/uploads/P1020889.JPG[/expando]

I plan to put these packs in a frame similar to how Brian Lambert made the big frame of packs that he sold to Kirk Hardymon.

And don't try to tell me I need a 16th series pack to complete the set!  I never did like the look of the 16th packs!!

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2010, 06:08:59 PM »
A big "thank you" to Dave Schmidt for finally hooking me up with a red Original Series pack:

[expando]http://www.wackypackages.org/forum/users/BustedFinger/uploads/P1020888.JPG[/expando]

This is a 3rd series pack.  I have been searching and watching for a red O.S. pack for about a year and Dave finally caved in and sold me this one!!

Sweet! There's something magical about that red pack.

I have a second series one. I haven't had it out since before all of Dave's investigation of the pack frauds, and I'm a bit apprehensive to even look at it.

Offline Kook

« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »

Another big thank you for Dave (Paul Maul) this week. He hooked me up with a referral and I was able to close the deal on a beautiful 5c wacky ad pack this week. I've been searching for one of these for a few years now. I may actually complete my unopened pack collection after all. That was the key.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #432 on: October 20, 2010, 06:29:02 PM »
The only item I picked up in the last week, other than the 2010 Halloween Postcards, was a ANS7 auto card with no autograph. Picked it up for $30 on ebay. I just like the oxymoron-ness of an autographless autograph card. I will put it in the same 9-card binder page as the ANS7 miscut foils I have.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »

Congrats, nice score!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2010, 07:50:48 PM »
The only item I picked up in the last week, other than the 2010 Halloween Postcards, was a ANS7 auto card with no autograph. Picked it up for $30 on ebay. I just like the oxymoron-ness of an autographless autograph card. I will put it in the same 9-card binder page as the ANS7 miscut foils I have.

I bought one of those as well.  I thought it was a cool variation.  I paid around $70.00 for mine though, not knowing how rare it was going to be.  Surprisingly several showed-up, and all were F2 Lox's.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #435 on: October 20, 2010, 08:48:54 PM »
I bought one of those as well.  I thought it was a cool variation.  I paid around $70.00 for mine though, not knowing how rare it was going to be.  Surprisingly several showed-up, and all were F2 Lox's.

I also got a LOX. When I was bidding there were 5 or 6 up. I believe 3 of them were LOX and 1 each of three other titles. There are 3 on ebay this evening, each with current bids at about $10 or $12.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #436 on: October 21, 2010, 07:08:28 AM »
I also got a LOX. When I was bidding there were 5 or 6 up. I believe 3 of them were LOX and 1 each of three other titles. There are 3 on ebay this evening, each with current bids at about $10 or $12.

Hold on.....when you say "I believe 3 of them were LOX and 1 each of three other titles".......are you saying you saw 3 other titles that had the "no autograph" variation on it?

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #437 on: October 22, 2010, 06:46:34 PM »
Hold on.....when you say "I believe 3 of them were LOX and 1 each of three other titles".......are you saying you saw 3 other titles that had the "no autograph" variation on it?

Sorry, my bad. I went back and double checked the old items in my watch list. I was tracking about eight ANS7 autograph and non-autographed auto cards at about the same time. All the autograph-less were LOX. Sorry for the false-report. My 50 year old brain has some cross circuits.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #438 on: October 24, 2010, 10:30:53 AM »
Sorry, my bad. I went back and double checked the old items in my watch list. I was tracking about eight ANS7 autograph and non-autographed auto cards at about the same time. All the autograph-less were LOX. Sorry for the false-report. My 50 year old brain has some cross circuits.

Good! I was hoping there wasn't another variation I needed!

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #439 on: October 24, 2010, 11:01:11 AM »
Good! I was hoping there wasn't another variation I needed!

So it looks like Lox may be the only Autographed Foil title that has been found without the autograph?  How many different foil titles have been found with mis-cut die-cuts?  I seem to recall there have been Pupsi, Icicle, and Scream-Sicle reported.  Any others?

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #440 on: October 24, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »
So it looks like Lox may be the only Autographed Foil title that has been found without the autograph?  How many different foil titles have been found with mis-cut die-cuts?  I seem to recall there have been Pupsi, Icicle, and Scream-Sicle reported.  Any others?

I haven't been following the mis die-cuts but Lox is the only one I know of w/o the autograph. Strange how a bunch of those got out.

Offline sco(o)t

« Reply #441 on: October 24, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »

A also have miscuts of Flunk and Shrunken Donuts foils in my ANS7 "hall of shame" binder page. I assumed there was a stack of LOX auto-cards intended to go to Jay for signatures but never made it.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #442 on: November 16, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
AWESOME November so far with the 3 Wacky Boxes all being new pick ups

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #443 on: November 16, 2010, 06:29:12 PM »
Some more super rare Wally Wood/ Saunders Topps work, the Block Heads of 1966/67

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 07:10:51 PM by Sunstroke »
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
That's a cool display you have there. Is that in a glass case or something else?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Thanks! Yes with doors closed it presently looks like this

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »
AWESOME November so far with the 3 Wacky Boxes all being new pick ups

(Image removed from quote.)
Nice display! What's that Creature From the Black Lagoon thing?

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »
Thanks Mark! It's an Aurora Model kit from 1972

wackyone

« Reply #448 on: November 17, 2010, 12:01:50 AM »
that is soooooo cool,,,i wanna come over and drool all over it 
I have my own little wacky shrine but i really like that cabinet  :great:
now ya got me thinkin..hmmm

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #449 on: November 17, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
Another big thank you for Dave (Paul Maul) this week. He hooked me up with a referral and I was able to close the deal on a beautiful 5c wacky ad pack this week. I've been searching for one of these for a few years now. I may actually complete my unopened pack collection after all. That was the key.

Glad I was able to help both you guys out! In fact, Bill helped me out too. While I was inspecting his pack collection at the Allentown show, I noticed that the pack he had labeled as 12th series was really a 21-fold 9th series pack. One of the ones I needed! A mutually beneficial deal was struck, and I got to scratch a pack off my want list. So now I need just 7 original series packs of the 62 I know to exist. Would you believe 4 of them are 10ths??

Offline bandaches

« Reply #450 on: November 17, 2010, 03:01:23 PM »
Glad I was able to help both you guys out! In fact, Bill helped me out too. While I was inspecting his pack collection at the Allentown show, I noticed that the pack he had labeled as 12th series was really a 21-fold 9th series pack. One of the ones I needed! A mutually beneficial deal was struck, and I got to scratch a pack off my want list. So now I need just 7 original series packs of the 62 I know to exist. Would you believe 4 of them are 10ths??
Was the 21-fold 9th the infamous "squabble pack" by any chance?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #451 on: November 18, 2010, 06:39:46 AM »
Was the 21-fold 9th the infamous "squabble pack" by any chance?

It was indeed!

It's interesting that the 21-fold green wrappers with the group of 3 ads (Initial, Jade, Wall Poster '74) seem relatively common, and yet
these wrappers were only used for the 9th and 11th series, for which the 21-fold unopened packs are somewhat to very hard to locate.
I guess what unopened material is readily available is just a fluke as to what turned up as unopened. The 21-fold 9ths must have been
common at the time, but just weren't part of any finds of unopened material, whereas the 85-fold 9ths and 10ths are all over the place
in unopened form.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #452 on: November 20, 2010, 05:11:23 PM »
Congrats, nice score!
Congrats on the red pack.
I opened an Ans 7 blister that had a gold flash Mouse Mix.
They're nicer than the flashback ones. It might go up for sale though.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #453 on: December 20, 2010, 06:04:21 AM »
wow,,this thread needs a bump
Look what I found under my tree!

Happy Hoildays!

(Image removed from quote.)

Is that a #21?

Offline BustedFinger

« Reply #454 on: March 06, 2011, 06:04:36 AM »
I thought this thread needed another bump.  I picked up a few new die-cuts over the past week or so.  They all do have some minor flaws, but I thought these turned out to be pretty nice examples.  I was glad to finally get a Fearstone too!  It is slightly off-center to the right but as I have been watching Fearstones for the past several months, and they seem to be notorious for centering problems.

All in all, I'm pretty happy!

anything