Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576500 times)

wackyone

Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #350 on: August 20, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »
Looks to be in excellent condition Dennis... I'm pleased I hope they don't hit me too hard for the tiny ink spot  :'(  Corners are sharp and the back is bright no aging  ;D

cool,,,ya i thought it was a ink spot but i had my bidder stop at about $50,cause it's hard to tell how clean & white it was
i missed a real nice one a while ago freash from PSA and it was a solid NM card but a slightly o/c and it went for $70...so it should be cool to see how yours comes back

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #351 on: August 20, 2010, 02:19:49 AM »
I feel really good about this one   :] I really like the card itself.... I hope to find a mint Cherrybombs and Bleed's
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

wackyone

« Reply #352 on: August 20, 2010, 02:25:40 AM »
I feel really good about this one   :] I really like the card itself.... I hope to find a mint Cherrybombs and Bleed's

hehe..if not i'll sell ya mine  ;D

wackyone

« Reply #353 on: August 25, 2010, 05:13:47 PM »
picked this up today from Ted,
most of these comin' up these days have been a little rough or to far o/c for my taste
i think i will keep this one for now  ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #354 on: August 25, 2010, 05:44:25 PM »
picked this up today from Ted,
most of these comin' up these days have been a little rough or to far o/c for my taste
i think i will keep this one for now  ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

Not too shabby!  Are those small stains on the bottom edge?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

wackyone

« Reply #355 on: August 25, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »
he's says' light oxidation" along that edge....we'll see i guess,,the back looks good

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #356 on: August 25, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
he's says' light oxidation" along that edge....we'll see i guess,,the back looks good

Ted's stuff is pricey but he does a very good job mentioning blemishes, and you never feel like you were misled on the condition.  Some sellers will intentionally neglect to mention blemishes and he does the opposite. 

wackyone

« Reply #357 on: August 25, 2010, 06:06:50 PM »
ya he's real deal,,holds nothin' back,,,
in fact one card i bought he said was cut outa square and for the life of me i can't tell,,i even used a ruler  :^)
i did send one card back last year..it was much more oxidized then i could tell in the pic,,it was like really yellow,but he took it back and gave me credit w/ no hassel
he gets 5 stars across the board from me all the time  8)

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #358 on: August 26, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »
I just placed my order  ;D ;D ;D

Description   Unit price   Qty   Amount
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Bonus Box
Item#    $9.95 USD   5   $49.75 USD
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Cereal Box Tray (B)
Item#    $14.95 USD   5   $74.75 USD
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Cereal Box Tray (A)
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 24-Pack Box
Item#    $47.95 USD   5   $239.75 USD
Subtotal   $439.00 USD
Shipping and handling   $33.13 USD
Total   $472.13 USD
Payment   $472.13 USD
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

wackyone

« Reply #359 on: August 26, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »
I just placed my order  ;D ;D ;D

Description   Unit price   Qty   Amount
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Bonus Box
Item#    $9.95 USD   5   $49.75 USD
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Cereal Box Tray (B)
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 Cereal Box Tray (A)
Wacky Packages All-New Series 7 24-Pack Box
Item#    $47.95 USD   5   $239.75 USD
Subtotal   $439.00 USD
Shipping and handling   $33.13 USD
Total   $472.13 USD
Payment   $472.13 USD

:o....i wish i could trip over a big pile o cash  :^)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #360 on: August 26, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »

:o....i wish i could trip over a big pile o cash  :^)

I guess that would be $923.57 CDN for you ;D

wackyone

« Reply #361 on: August 26, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
I guess that would be $923.57 CDN for you ;D

hehe....it's 499.140 be be exact...the US buck ain't worth what she used to be

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #362 on: August 30, 2010, 09:07:48 PM »
I just scored this rare beauty from Matt Stock. It's the full 2.5 x 3.5 version, not the little Irish sticker size. No die cut line. Puzzle piece on back. It's originally from the Topps Vault. There appears to be a line through the title but I don't know why it's there in the photo. I don't see it on the sticker.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:09:23 PM by Plan 9 »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #363 on: August 30, 2010, 09:21:53 PM »
I just scored this rare beauty from Matt Stock. It's the full 2.5 x 3.5 version, not the little Irish sticker size. No die cut line. Puzzle piece on back. It's originally from the Topps Vault. There appears to be a line through the title but I don't know why it's there in the photo. I don't see it on the sticker.

That is a nice item there, Plan 9.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

wackyone

« Reply #364 on: August 31, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »
That is a nice item there, Plan 9.

very cool,,,i always liked that title

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2010, 07:04:44 AM »

That's a proof card from the 1981 Irish series, and Kill is the rarest of the 1981 titles.  I've had a couple of those before and they are identical to the ones from packs except they don't have a die-cut on them. 

wackyone

« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2010, 09:46:24 AM »
  :(
well my Slum Maid showed up,i slipped it out to have a close look at it and it has a popped perf  >(
no damage i can see from shipping,,,and it was stated they were all un-popped solid ex+nm-
i'm sure he would take it back but i still need it as a filler  :^)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
That's a proof card from the 1981 Irish series, and Kill is the rarest of the 1981 titles.  I've had a couple of those before and they are identical to the ones from packs except they don't have a die-cut on them.  
Thanks for the clarification. I've got to get that straight. It's a proof, not a test.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2010, 06:21:27 PM »
Thanks for the clarification. I've got to get that straight. It's a proof, not a test.

They call them proof cards but I never quite understood why.  Proofs for color/content are not usually done on the same stock as the final production cards.  They are usually done digitally on a proofing stock.  These are one step above "proofs" IMO.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #369 on: September 09, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
On the Wacky side of things... I won 5 OS sketch card auctions. No exotics. Just some of the simple, clean line drawings. I picked up one each of Kook (penguin), Qreep, 15th Avenue (punk), Aquaxduck, and Ajerx. Average price per sketch was $11.50.  Some of the BIN auctions for these same characters are still at $45 and more.

I've been trading with others on the forum to complete a set of the silver flash border cards. Still looking for 3, 16 and 17. And to complete some extra red border sets. Thanks to all who have traded!!

Non Wacky side... I received my set of the 16 Star Wars V Celebration cereal parody boxes. I won't post a picture since they are available under another forum topic. One thing I didn't know, each box has an actual cellophane wrapped bag of cereal. All boxes contain what appears to be Cheerios-like cereal.

Also ordered a set of the PACKAGE PARODY 2010 Halloween Collector's set.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2010, 06:46:27 AM »
On the Wacky side of things... I won 5 OS sketch card auctions. No exotics. Just some of the simple, clean line drawings. I picked up one each of Kook (penguin), Qreep, 15th Avenue (punk), Aquaxduck, and Ajerx. Average price per sketch was $11.50.  Some of the BIN auctions for these same characters are still at $45 and more.

I've been trading with others on the forum to complete a set of the silver flash border cards. Still looking for 3, 16 and 17. And to complete some extra red border sets. Thanks to all who have traded!!

Non Wacky side... I received my set of the 16 Star Wars V Celebration cereal parody boxes. I won't post a picture since they are available under another forum topic. One thing I didn't know, each box has an actual cellophane wrapped bag of cereal. All boxes contain what appears to be Cheerios-like cereal.

Also ordered a set of the PACKAGE PARODY 2010 Halloween Collector's set.

Wow, sounds like you get some nice sketches cheap!  Just goes to show what happens when the craze dies down!

Offline GadzookaBoy

• Just Another Funko Observer
« Reply #371 on: September 16, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
Last Friday I found these at Toys R Us ..
[expando] http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kKqPxd2FyGA/TI5YYcwjJyI/AAAAAAAAICA/Fuvvm-peiQM/s400/ans7-boxes.jpg[/expando]

Last week I bought a Base Card set ..
[expando]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kKqPxd2FyGA/TJK3TDmABTI/AAAAAAAAIDY/ahtxpM_uuA0/s400/ans7-mine04.jpg [/expando] 
Then today I got the 10 Foils, 20 Wack-O-Mercials, and 4 Bonus stickers in the mail from eBay auctions ..
[expando] http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kKqPxd2FyGA/TJK3ULaDzBI/AAAAAAAAIDw/2djJJpPNU-Y/s400/ans7-mine01.jpg[/expando]

I'm in a good place right now ..  ;D

How old is this gum ???
It's ALL about being WACKY !!!
WEB SITE http://justanotherfunkoobserver.com/
TOY/PERSONAL BLOG http:/jafosnews.blogspot.com/

Glocky Packages

« Reply #372 on: September 16, 2010, 09:45:52 PM »
 :D Take a peep at this...

[expando]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/StrategicTacticalAdvancedResistance/Album-ONE/PeepersSet.jpg[/expando]

"2010 Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Promo Card Original Rough Art! The original rough art used in the process of creating this 2010 Topps Wacky Packages promo postcard Peepers. Topps commissioned the talents of artist Mark Parisi to sketch this product parody. This promotional postcard was only made available at the May 2010 Non Sport Update card show held in Allentown, Pa. Rough measures approx. 8 1/2" X 11" in size and is in excellent condition. Mr. Parisi has signed his work."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 10:03:47 PM by Glocky Packages »

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »

[expando]http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/StrategicTacticalAdvancedResistance/Album-ONE/PeepersSet.jpg[/expando]

"2010 Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Promo Card Original Rough Art! The original rough art used in the process of creating this 2010 Topps Wacky Packages promo postcard Peepers. Topps commissioned the talents of artist Mark Parisi to sketch this product parody. This promotional postcard was only made available at the May 2010 Non Sport Update card show held in Allentown, Pa. Rough measures approx. 8 1/2" X 11" in size and is in excellent condition. Mr. Parisi has signed his work."
Very nice! BTW I was at the show...Great time!
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Glocky Packages

« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2010, 10:26:38 PM »
Very nice! BTW I was at the show...Great time!

Thanks!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2010, 10:29:01 AM »

That peepers is outstanding. I just love the simplicity of it. I'm sure glad I was able to get one myself.

wackyone

« Reply #376 on: September 19, 2010, 12:54:03 AM »

2010 Topps Wacky Packages Postcards Promo Card Original Rough Art!

cool score  :great:

wackyone

« Reply #377 on: September 19, 2010, 12:56:38 AM »
I don't need this but for some reason it called out to me,,

Offline Choke_Wagon

• Yeeeeeeeee-ha!
« Reply #378 on: September 19, 2010, 04:56:29 AM »
So I had a rough week at work as a deal I was working on didn't close on Friday and I was bummed. Went to do my usual scans at Target on Wackys.

I treat now ANS 7 as Lottery Tickets since I just need some of the Flash Foils and Golds.

Place my bet on 2 packs and what a BET it was- Pack #1 had #13 Flash Foil and Pack #2 had a Gold #15 Pounds.

I did like a Vegas bandit and bolted out full of happiness. Really lifted up my day.

Choke_Wagon

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #379 on: September 19, 2010, 06:05:08 AM »
So I had a rough week at work as a deal I was working on didn't close on Friday and I was bummed. Went to do my usual scans at Target on Wackys.

I treat now ANS 7 as Lottery Tickets since I just need some of the Flash Foils and Golds.

Place my bet on 2 packs and what a BET it was- Pack #1 had #13 Flash Foil and Pack #2 had a Gold #15 Pounds.

I did like a Vegas bandit and bolted out full of happiness. Really lifted up my day.

Choke_Wagon

It's so nice when that happens!  Congrats!!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #380 on: September 19, 2010, 03:35:35 PM »

Choke_Wagon
That's exactly how I look at buying more ANS7 at this point. I'm buying lotto tickets.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2010, 03:53:22 PM »

Offline NEZHEAD42

« Reply #382 on: September 19, 2010, 04:00:10 PM »
I just won these a few minutes ago...Great price!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130431225530&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I had considered bidding on this. Glad you won it.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #383 on: September 19, 2010, 04:10:34 PM »
I had considered bidding on this. Glad you won it.
Thanks Brother!

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #384 on: September 19, 2010, 07:08:58 PM »
I meant to bid on this one but totally spaced it off:

http://cgi.ebay.com/56-original-1970s-Wacky-Pack-trading-cards-checklists-/220668674978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3360e0c3a2

There is at least one Cloth checklist card in this lot and I suspect that all three of those first series checklists are Cloth checklists.

Anybody here on the forum win this one?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

anything