Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576574 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #1610 on: September 01, 2022, 12:46:01 PM »
Just obtained another diecut number variation! And it is pretty nice!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1611 on: September 01, 2022, 01:32:11 PM »
Just obtained another diecut number variation! And it is pretty nice!

Congrats!  That IS nice!!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1612 on: September 23, 2022, 11:14:54 AM »
I've been on a roll lately, filling in gaps and indulging in interesting items:

- This week I got the 3 Ermsy Wackys I needed to go along with the 1 I bought from Topps. Honestly, when I ordered a pack of the Ermsy cards I didn't know what I was getting - they're weird but interesting.
- I just bought one of the Room Service Wackys  from eBay, looking at picking up another. Apparently, there's only 3 types known and the third is wicked rare.
- Also just got the latest GPK/Wacky mashups. I can't say I'm into these but I've got them all so far, so... in for a penny, in for a pound.

In recent months I've picked up:
- a nice set of original Ads, which I never owned, complete except for "Good & Empty".
- one of the rare Chrome variations (Demented)
- the PETA postcards done by Jay
- a nice color sketch of "Baby Hell" from the March 2022 monthly series
- the Stenchiladas greeting card drawn by Jay
- a Crudlow "Tireblown", the only variation I was missing from that Attacky series
- the "Glum & Empty" variation from the first Wonky Ads series
- one of those gold metal wacky medallions
- proper magnetic holders for all my 2014/2015/etc thick cards (patches & medallions)
- some more thin binders (boy do I have a lot of Wacky binders!)

I think I'll grab a nice Double wacky and perhaps a Plack next. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to go after all the original series puzzle variations (I have complete puzzles from when I was a kid but they're a mix of whatever I could find).

Offline mikecho

« Reply #1613 on: September 23, 2022, 02:27:13 PM »
I've been on a roll lately, filling in gaps and indulging in interesting items:

- This week I got the 3 Ermsy Wackys I needed to go along with the 1 I bought from Topps. Honestly, when I ordered a pack of the Ermsy cards I didn't know what I was getting - they're weird but interesting.
- I just bought one of the Room Service Wackys  from eBay, looking at picking up another. Apparently, there's only 3 types known and the third is wicked rare.
- Also just got the latest GPK/Wacky mashups. I can't say I'm into these but I've got them all so far, so... in for a penny, in for a pound.

In recent months I've picked up:
- a nice set of original Ads, which I never owned, complete except for "Good & Empty".
- one of the rare Chrome variations (Demented)
- the PETA postcards done by Jay
- a nice color sketch of "Baby Hell" from the March 2022 monthly series
- the Stenchiladas greeting card drawn by Jay
- a Crudlow "Tireblown", the only variation I was missing from that Attacky series
- the "Glum & Empty" variation from the first Wonky Ads series
- one of those gold metal wacky medallions
- proper magnetic holders for all my 2014/2015/etc thick cards (patches & medallions)
- some more thin binders (boy do I have a lot of Wacky binders!)

I think I'll grab a nice Double wacky and perhaps a Plack next. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to go after all the original series puzzle variations (I have complete puzzles from when I was a kid but they're a mix of whatever I could find).
Nice, Mitch! I hope you find Good and Empty soon.

Btw, do you have Upchucks to go with Stenchiladas?

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1614 on: September 23, 2022, 02:45:06 PM »
I do have Upchucks, that seems to be easier to find.

Online bigtomi

« Reply #1615 on: September 23, 2022, 04:18:30 PM »

I have an extra of the wicked rare Room Service...however, one of the images was peeled off (not by me!), but if interested, I can prob give it to you pretty cheap.

I think I have an extra Hostess Pair (forget which one), if interested. And, I have vast quantities of puzzle pieces from 1-15. Give me a list of the specific ones you'd want and I can almost certainly fill your order for a reasonable price. Just let me know on any of the above.

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1616 on: October 18, 2022, 12:26:00 PM »
Someone I know works for THE specific company that deals/owns with our beloved WP's. Every now and again the warehouse will offer the workers old stock that is getting tossed. From what she says many go for sports cards while bypassing wacky packages. The other day I get a sweet gift consisting of five binders (1, 4, 5, 9 & 13) along with a stack of series 9 postcards. I think it was called the birds edition or something as it didn't come with everything of the limited edition. I've never been a big fan of the binders. The postcards captured my curiosity in terms of the sketches and while many were legit doodles, two were very nice IMO.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #1617 on: October 18, 2022, 02:18:29 PM »
Someone I know works for THE specific company that deals/owns with our beloved WP's. Every now and again the warehouse will offer the workers old stock that is getting tossed. From what she says many go for sports cards while bypassing wacky packages. The other day I get a sweet gift consisting of five binders (1, 4, 5, 9 & 13) along with a stack of series 9 postcards. I think it was called the birds edition or something as it didn't come with everything of the limited edition. I've never been a big fan of the binders. The postcards captured my curiosity in terms of the sketches and while many were legit doodles, two were very nice IMO.

I don't collect the binders myself, but I know people here would have liked an opportunity to get some of those from the warehouse surplus. Are you able to get more of that stuff for forum members?

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1618 on: October 18, 2022, 02:59:33 PM »
I'm always trying. The last ones I received (pre c19) I gave away on here to four people I believe. If memory serves me right, I think there were a few folders, an uncut sheet and some small sheet-like think from the Mars Attacks series.

Offline Kook

« Reply #1619 on: October 18, 2022, 11:35:07 PM »
Tom IS the checklist master! Thanks again!!

And, I have vast quantities of puzzle pieces from 1-15. Give me a list of the specific ones you'd want and I can almost certainly fill your order for a reasonable price. Just let me know on any of the above.

Offline Joe G.

Re: This Week in Your Collectionand apparently
« Reply #1620 on: October 22, 2022, 10:10:02 AM »

Hey you got one of my Gloomy Bears!  That was the first sketch series I ever did.  So glad you dug the card!

Offline FourRoses

« Reply #1621 on: October 24, 2022, 01:54:34 PM »
Oh it's a beauty for sure. That may be the first I have done by you so it is a nice addition to the collection.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1622 on: August 19, 2023, 09:16:20 AM »
Resurrecting a thread I always enjoyed, here is something I got 10 years ago, and have been searching for; it finally turned up!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1623 on: January 09, 2024, 10:19:21 AM »
Here is a new addition to my collection, been looking for this for a while now! 

Offline quas

« Reply #1624 on: January 09, 2024, 10:20:01 AM »
Here is a new addition to my collection, been looking for this for a while now! 

Beautiful!!
Marc

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #1625 on: January 09, 2024, 10:41:23 AM »
       That's the same one I placed a bid on, then the seller yanked it from auction.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1626 on: January 19, 2024, 07:28:40 AM »
I have been busy!  Picked up four tough die cuts to upgrade my set:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 07:35:14 AM by RawGoo »

Offline quas

« Reply #1627 on: January 19, 2024, 07:57:08 AM »
Awesome, especially the Boredom’s!  Incredibly challenging to find above PSA 7!
Marc

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #1628 on: February 20, 2024, 04:36:55 PM »
I finally upgraded my 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th series puzzles so I have one of each variation instead of the mixed bag from my childhood. Long overdue, thanks Jeff Caff!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1629 on: February 26, 2024, 06:26:28 PM »
I finally upgraded my 4th, 6th, 8th and 10th series puzzles so I have one of each variation instead of the mixed bag from my childhood. Long overdue, thanks Jeff Caff!
Speaking of which, do people collect those border variations for series 16 puzzles or is a "complete" series 16 still the 9 pieces?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1630 on: February 27, 2024, 07:58:58 AM »
Speaking of which, do people collect those border variations for series 16 puzzles or is a "complete" series 16 still the 9 pieces?

I'm kind of a nerd (no surprise!) when it comes to my variation strategy. For particular series, I have a regular set of stickers (copyright Scoot version) with the regular puzzle. Then, I have another set (no copyright Scoot version) with the border variation puzzle. I've done this with all of the other 1st through 16th series variants, too.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:31:38 AM by Soremel »

Offline Kook

« Reply #1631 on: February 27, 2024, 12:16:25 PM »
I'm kind of a nerd (no surprise!) when it comes to my variation strategy. For particular series, I have a regular set of stickers (copyright Scoot version) with the regular puzzle. Then, I have another set (no copyright Scoot version) with the border variation puzzle. I've done this with all of the other 1st through 16th series variants, too.

What about the 3rd variation "set" where you have the regular puzzle with the Scoot with no copyright and the variation puzzle with the Scoot with copyright?? You need 2 more 16th sets!  ;)

Online bigtomi

« Reply #1632 on: February 27, 2024, 01:14:25 PM »
I'm not as extreme as George, but I do have both puzzle variations (2 complete 16th puzzles, one with and one without the piece variations). My 16th set is just 31 stickers, though, not two full sets with different Scoots in each. Waddaya think I am, made-a-money?!?!? :P

Offline Soremel

« Reply #1633 on: February 27, 2024, 05:10:09 PM »
What about the 3rd variation "set" where you have the regular puzzle with the Scoot with no copyright and the variation puzzle with the Scoot with copyright?? You need 2 more 16th sets!  ;)

Sufferin' succotash! How did I miss that glaring mistake?!! I'll be back in a bit... heading out to sell more platelets for Wackys!  :] Crap, that means I'm also missing the crossover variant sets containing Side A & Side B asterisks... AAAhhhhhhhhh!  >(