Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 576522 times)

Offline bigtomi

Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #1470 on: December 08, 2019, 08:44:52 AM »
with wackys there is never any hope of reaching the top spot
Why not? Someone has to be in the top spot...may as well be you.

Offline Kook

« Reply #1471 on: December 08, 2019, 09:43:32 AM »
Ahhh, the glass is half full ;)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #1472 on: December 08, 2019, 10:12:50 AM »

When you have one (and often two) guys with more money than God participating, I would rather not compete.

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #1473 on: December 14, 2019, 12:51:26 PM »
I was finally able to score a fantastic deal on a really nice display case for my Wacky Packages "Odd Ball" items!! Im so glad they now have a home!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #1474 on: December 14, 2019, 01:21:38 PM »
I was finally able to score a fantastic deal on a really nice display case for my Wacky Packages "Odd Ball" items!! Im so glad they now have a home!

Looks good.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1475 on: December 14, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »
Nice display case!

Are my eyes deceiving me or do you have two Wacky trucks in there?!?!?     :o

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1476 on: December 15, 2019, 02:50:47 AM »
Yes Sir!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #1477 on: December 15, 2019, 02:55:57 AM »
I’ve never even seen those two trucks before...

Wasn’t the one on Greg’s site the Garbage Can-dy one?

Insane.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1478 on: December 15, 2019, 05:29:16 AM »
I’ve never even seen those two trucks before...

Wasn’t the one on Greg’s site the Garbage Can-dy one?

Insane.
I think so. Bigtomi owns that one I think. To my knowledge only 4 have been found.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1479 on: December 15, 2019, 06:37:22 AM »
which titles are on the extra labels in these two? I think the Garbage Can-dy had the Beastball labels as the extras.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1480 on: December 15, 2019, 06:54:37 AM »
which titles are on the extra labels in these two? I think the Garbage Can-dy had the Beastball labels as the extras.
That is a bit of a mystery. When they arrived the blister housings had popped off of the backer boards and there are no extra labels in them.
The seller claims they were attached when he shipped them and they do look that way in the pics I posted which are form the auction listing.
Im not 100% sure so all we can do is speculate.

While we are on the subject, what is the general opinion of whether to carefully repair (reattach) the blister to the backer board or just leave them like this?
I don't think regluing them will enhance the value any so im inclined to just leave them like this. I could even display them out of the package standing up and have the
packaging in the background. Might look cool. They are in mint condition for sure.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #1481 on: December 15, 2019, 08:54:29 AM »
These are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1482 on: December 15, 2019, 09:29:10 AM »
It's too bad they didn't make some electric train box cars "full" of Wacky Packages!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1483 on: December 15, 2019, 10:59:52 AM »
I think so. Bigtomi owns that one I think. To my knowledge only 4 have been found.
Very cool, Jeff! Yes, I own the one with Garbage Can-dy on the side (that's mine on Greg's site), with the two extra labels with it.

There are at least 5 that I know of. Your two, mine, Mark Alfrey has/had one and Kathy Montone has one. I may be forgetting one (or more), but I don't think I am...

I was forgetting one: Brian Lambert has one just like mine. I'm actually uncertain I ever knew that...

So, there are 6 known (I'm assuming Mark's and Kathy's aren't one and the same). Do I hear 7? Jeez, they're almost becoming a common item now...  :(     lol
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 02:45:26 PM by bigtomi »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #1484 on: December 15, 2019, 02:14:24 PM »
Very cool, Jeff! Yes, I own the one with Garbage Can-dy on the side (that's mine on Greg's site), with the two extra labels with it.

There are at least 5 that I know of. Your two, mine, Mark Alfrey has/had one and Kathy Montone has one. I may be forgetting one (or more), but I don't think I am...

Y’all need to get a Wacky convoy going.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1485 on: December 15, 2019, 03:00:10 PM »
Patrick, at least with mine, from what I can see, I have all three possibilities (the other two title labels are behind the truck). See below pic. The Beastball one is obvious; if you look just to the right of the cab, you can see what I think is the Gadzooka label there [about 95+% of it is hidden by Beastball]. Unfortunately, without breaking the seal on the clear plastic, I just can't be 100% sure what the third label is...but it would make the most sense for it to be the other title.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1486 on: December 15, 2019, 03:29:11 PM »
While we are on the subject, what is the general opinion of whether to carefully repair (reattach) the blister to the backer board or just leave them like this? I don't think regluing them will enhance the value any so im inclined to just leave them like this. I could even display them out of the package standing up and have the packaging in the background. Might look cool. They are in mint condition for sure.
Just my opinion: I agree that regluing will not help their value (and you could potentially make a mess), so I'd leave them as is. As to displaying, I have mine in a clear plexiglass cereal box case. In the one dimension, it fits close to perfectly. I used a piece of Styrofoam covered in black felt to raise it in the other direction such that it is fairly "tight" in the cereal box display case. There is also another piece of Styrofoam behind the backer (exact same size as) to keep it pressed lightly against the front of the cereal box case. Makes it "hands off", but easily displayable. Just a thought...

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1487 on: December 15, 2019, 03:43:19 PM »
And, since I'm doing so much blabbing in this thread already, I'll add one more post:

I finally got to completing my 1982 cereal box back set the other day! It took months (years?) of hunting and some luck, but finally got all eight (8) of them! Has anyone else performed this feat? I'd like to know who else has them all...

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #1488 on: December 15, 2019, 05:02:09 PM »
WOW!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1489 on: December 15, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »
Just my opinion: I agree that regluing will not help their value (and you could potentially make a mess), so I'd leave them as is. As to displaying, I have mine in a clear plexiglass cereal box case. In the one dimension, it fits close to perfectly. I used a piece of Styrofoam covered in black felt to raise it in the other direction such that it is fairly "tight" in the cereal box display case. There is also another piece of Styrofoam behind the backer (exact same size as) to keep it pressed lightly against the front of the cereal box case. Makes it "hands off", but easily displayable. Just a thought...

Very cool indeed. Thank you for the input. Where did you get the cereal box case?
Never mind I see them on Amazon for like $28 each

Offline BRUTE_88

« Reply #1491 on: December 16, 2019, 04:15:14 AM »
Hey Tom - I have the other missing Wacky Truck, and it is just like yours with the  Garbage Candy sticker on the truck and the extra sets sitting behind.  Also, I have a complete set of the 1982 Wacky Cereal box backs as well.  Just upgraded my Gadzooka in the same run that you bid on last week too!  Was wondering who else was collecting those since it is very difficult to complete that set.  Thanks to "tntriley" for sticking those on Ebay, eh?

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #1492 on: December 16, 2019, 04:38:33 AM »

Nice!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #1493 on: December 16, 2019, 02:54:17 PM »
Hey Tom - I have the other missing Wacky Truck, and it is just like yours with the  Garbage Candy sticker on the truck and the extra sets sitting behind.  Also, I have a complete set of the 1982 Wacky Cereal box backs as well.  Just upgraded my Gadzooka in the same run that you bid on last week too!  Was wondering who else was collecting those since it is very difficult to complete that set.  Thanks to "tntriley" for sticking those on Ebay, eh?
Cool on both counts! Not sure I ever knew you had a truck, too...maybe I was just in denial. LOL

Yes, it was nice of Todd to offer those at such reasonable starting bids...feel like I got a steal on mine, was the last one I needed. I actually offered him considerably more money for it than I wound up paying, so for once, I was glad my offer was ignored.  lol

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #1494 on: December 16, 2019, 04:05:44 PM »
Patrick, at least with mine, from what I can see, I have all three possibilities (the other two title labels are behind the truck). See below pic. The Beastball one is obvious; if you look just to the right of the cab, you can see what I think is the Gadzooka label there [about 95+% of it is hidden by Beastball]. Unfortunately, without breaking the seal on the clear plastic, I just can't be 100% sure what the third label is...but it would make the most sense for it to be the other title.
odd that the two labels would be for one each of the other two titles and not two labels of one title to put one on the visible and on the hidden sides of the truck.
At least, I'm assuming there's a label on the hidden side as well?
It seems like there's labels for the hidden side, as that Gadzooka has its banner in the upper right corner of the sticker (towards the front of the truck), as would be done for the reverse side.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1495 on: December 16, 2019, 06:59:30 PM »
odd that the two labels would be for one each of the other two titles and not two labels of one title to put one on the visible and on the hidden sides of the truck.
At least, I'm assuming there's a label on the hidden side as well?
It seems like there's labels for the hidden side, as that Gadzooka has its banner in the upper right corner of the sticker (towards the front of the truck), as would be done for the reverse side.
There is no label on the hidden side of the truck. I though the same thing. I guess that's one plus that the blisters were separated on mine. I can take the truck out and look it over. Right away I thought it was strange they only put a label on one side. Each truck comes with one of each of the three different labels. One stuck to the truck (no pattern as to what one they chose as we now know) and then the two loose ones.
Im glad That both of mine have a different label since Im missing the loose ones.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #1496 on: December 16, 2019, 09:34:45 PM »
And, since I'm doing so much blabbing in this thread already, I'll add one more post:

I finally got to completing my 1982 cereal box back set the other day! It took months (years?) of hunting and some luck, but finally got all eight (8) of them! Has anyone else performed this feat? I'd like to know who else has them all...

a bunch of these just sold cheaply on ebay, hope you snagged some.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #1497 on: December 17, 2019, 09:15:34 AM »
There is no label on the hidden side of the truck. I though the same thing. I guess that's one plus that the blisters were separated on mine. I can take the truck out and look it over. Right away I thought it was strange they only put a label on one side. Each truck comes with one of each of the three different labels. One stuck to the truck (no pattern as to what one they chose as we now know) and then the two loose ones.
Im glad That both of mine have a different label since Im missing the loose ones.
So do you mean to say that it is not possible to put a label on the other side?  Or are you saying that if you did put a label on the other side, it would have to be a different one?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #1498 on: December 17, 2019, 03:13:06 PM »
I think it's really cool that all four trucks known to exist are owned by forum members!

I've always been curious as to the physical dimensions of the truck. What scale is it or what are the measurements?

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1499 on: December 17, 2019, 07:11:27 PM »
So do you mean to say that it is not possible to put a label on the other side?  Or are you saying that if you did put a label on the other side, it would have to be a different one?
Yes you could put a label on the other side for sure. Yes, it would have to be another title since you only get three labels with each truck....all different …..one stuck to one side and two loose in the package.

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1500 on: December 17, 2019, 07:14:13 PM »
I think it's really cool that all four trucks known to exist are owned by forum members!

I've always been curious as to the physical dimensions of the truck. What scale is it or what are the measurements?

Here you go.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #1501 on: December 18, 2019, 07:58:39 AM »
those are WAY too cool, I'm so happy you got 'em!

Offline All-Brain

« Reply #1502 on: December 18, 2019, 12:27:48 PM »
those are WAY too cool, I'm so happy you got 'em!
Thanks Pauly
 Im super grateful I was able to win them.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #1503 on: December 18, 2019, 02:44:05 PM »
Here you go.

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate that. Very cool item!

Daryl

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #1504 on: December 22, 2019, 03:18:33 AM »
I did a lot of upgrading yesterday!  Here are some of the highlights:

anything