Author Topic: This Week in Your Collection  (Read 590163 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: This Week in Your Collection
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2010, 06:25:33 AM »
Hey, choke wagon!

That's a great site! Love the noonik Rat Fink!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:27:17 AM by koduck »

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 08:28:37 AM »
When you're posting a message, click on the little + next to 'Additional Options' at the bottom, to the left of the post/preview/spell check button set.  There's a place to attach a file from your computer there.

Sounds Great, can't wait to see it.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 11:39:16 AM »
I went to an (Antique-Mall") today, did'nt find no "Wackys" but there was a "vendor" going out of business & I got a (sweet) corner "Display-Case" I put it in our bedroom & filled it w/all my best "Wacky" & "Non-Sport" boxes it looks fantastic if I do say so myself! LOL. How do I upload a picture on here? I am totaly (Tech-Retarted) LOL!!! If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. All my WACKY bbest...RonZ 8)
I think I have two glass display cases that I never use.  I was going to put them for sale on craigslist for a local sale.  What are they worth these days?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 12:04:09 PM »
I think I have two glass display cases that I never use.  I was going to put them for sale on craigslist for a local sale.  What are they worth these days?
The one I got is a (corner-unit) the guy wanted $200 but I got it for $140
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline bandaches

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »
The one I got is a (corner-unit) the guy wanted $200 but I got it for $140
My bad, I was referring to table top flat glass display cases that dealers use at shows.  I totally misunderstood that you were talking about full size display cases.  Those full size ones rock!  I bought mine from a jeweler who was going out of business and have all of my display boxes stored in there.  Gives me the giddy feeling like when I was 8 years old to go down there and see a wacky display box in a glass display case just like they were at my local convenience store that I got wackies as a kid!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 02:25:24 PM »
My bad, I was referring to table top flat glass display cases that dealers use at shows.  I totally misunderstood that you were talking about full size display cases.  Those full size ones rock!  I bought mine from a jeweler who was going out of business and have all of my display boxes stored in there.  Gives me the giddy feeling like when I was 8 years old to go down there and see a wacky display box in a glass display case just like they were at my local convenience store that I got wackies as a kid!
I feel the same way Ernie!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2010, 02:01:49 PM »
a few random Wackies I got in this week. Most days, Dull is my absolute favorite sticker, I'm not sure why, it's just so appealing to me.

Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
a few random Wackies I got in this week. Most days, Dull is my absolute favorite sticker, I'm not sure why, it's just so appealing to me.

(Image removed from quote.)
You know, Dull is one of my favorite stickers too.  Perhaps not my absolute favorite, but right up there.  Hard to put my finger on why exactly...  The contrast between the royal blue and deep yellow set off by the red logo?  The simplicity of the gag and image?  Those great yawning pineapple slices?  Don't know, but Dull sends me every time.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2010, 04:15:26 PM »
You know, Dull is one of my favorite stickers too.  Perhaps not my absolute favorite, but right up there.  Hard to put my finger on why exactly...  The contrast between the royal blue and deep yellow set off by the red logo?  The simplicity of the gag and image?  Those great yawning pineapple slices?  Don't know, but Dull sends me every time.

I love Dull too. That title and Lavirus would make great LTL prints.

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »
I love Dull too. That title and Lavirus would make great LTL prints.
Let's hear it for an LTL print for Dull -- hey and Lavirus too!  I realize they have to negotiate with Topps, but it would be great if that came through.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 04:27:09 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one enchanted by Dull  ^-^

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »
Another Dull fan here! Those yawning slices cracked me up as a kid. I love how the name and the art of the original product only had to be changed slightly to make a funny, seamless gag.

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2010, 09:21:04 PM »
Another Dull fan here! Those yawning slices cracked me up as a kid. I love how the name and the art of the original product only had to be changed slightly to make a funny, seamless gag.
If we're taking a poll I've liked it since I was a child! Wait I'm still a child...LOL!!! :]

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2010, 04:24:27 AM »
Most days, Dull is my absolute favorite sticker, I'm not sure why, it's just so appealing to me.

Maybe because it's creepy, yet bright and delightful like your own artwork. The expressions on the slices creep me out. It's very attractive art and funny.

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »
Thanks!

Yeah, I think you are on to something, I know they are yawning, but they are also really menacing because of those mouths. Like yellow ghosts! Also the movement implied by the repeating circular forms makes it seem like they are coming at you. Add that to the very simple colors & gag and it's a winner!

Offline bandaches

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 07:01:50 PM »
If we're taking a poll I've liked it since I was a child! Wait I'm still a child...LOL!!! :]
I believe Dull was voted highly in the "top 77" from the first wacky pack reunion gathering.  The artwork sold for over $10k in a highly contested, highly contraversial auction that had lots of "behind the scenes" deals being made and broken.  That art piece might have been a major reason Jeff Weiss has faded from the hobby.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2010, 09:12:34 PM »
I believe Dull was voted highly in the "top 77" from the first wacky pack reunion gathering.  The artwork sold for over $10k in a highly contested, highly contraversial auction that had lots of "behind the scenes" deals being made and broken.  That art piece might have been a major reason Jeff Weiss has faded from the hobby.
Who owns the art? Is it the same guy who bought it at that auction?

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
Not earth-shattering news, but I purchased a Gadzooka Boy sketch to go with my Gadzooka schoolmarm sketch.  Just seemed like a pair that had to go together!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
Not earth-shattering news, but I purchased a Gadzooka Boy sketch to go with my Gadzooka schoolmarm sketch.  Just seemed like a pair that had to go together!
Very nice, congrats!!  I traded for the Gadzooka Boy, and still want to get the teacher, but I've got nothing left to trade.  Perhaps I will buy a few more boxes.....

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »

Elizabeth, that pair does indeed go together.  Nice work!
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »
Very nice! :o

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2010, 01:50:55 PM »
I thought it might be kinda neat to see those 2 sketches merged:

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »
I thought it might be kinda neat to see those 2 sketches merged:

Very cool John!  And that gives me the opportunity to give you a big shout out for making my avatar, many moons ago now.  I love it everytime I see it.  You da man!

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2010, 02:40:19 PM »
Nice!

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »
Very cool John!  And that gives me the opportunity to give you a big shout out for making my avatar, many moons ago now.  I love it everytime I see it.  You da man!

Glad you are enjoying it!

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2010, 05:31:43 PM »
Not earth-shattering news, but I purchased a Gadzooka Boy sketch to go with my Gadzooka schoolmarm sketch.  Just seemed like a pair that had to go together!

That is a very nice pair you have there Elizabeth!  They look like they were drawn to be placed side by side.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 05:45:30 PM by Sue Mee »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Bum_and_Mabel

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 05:38:14 PM »

That is a very nice pair you have there Elizabeth!
Hi-Yo!

Offline Monsterettes

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »

That is a very nice pair you have there Elizabeth!
Yeah, they go together really well.  I love the idea of two sketches reacting to each other!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 02:38:55 PM by Monsterettes »

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »
Definitely gonna have to have an OLDS Fruit Brute sticker.
Well, I hope one gets done for Boo Berry as well, since, I believe it was more popular than Fruit Brute.  They still make Boo Berry, dont they?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2010, 06:39:42 PM »
They still make Boo Berry, dont they?

Yep.  I see it every time I go to the grocery store.

Offline BaudLight

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »
Well, I hope one gets done for Boo Berry as well, since, I believe it was more popular than Fruit Brute.  They still make Boo Berry, dont they?

General Mills still makes Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Boo Berry.  Distribution varies greatly!  In some places, Boo Berry only comes out around Halloween.  Fruite Brute and Yummy Mummy have long been R.I.P.

BaudLight (still proud to eat Count Chocula!)

Bum_and_Mabel

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2010, 08:58:01 PM »
General Mills still makes Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Boo Berry.  Distribution varies greatly!  In some places, Boo Berry only comes out around Halloween.  Fruite Brute and Yummy Mummy have long been R.I.P.
"Franken Berry was very popular when first introduced possibly because the initial batches of the cereal used a dye that didn't break down in the body, causing many children's feces to be bright pink, a symptom sometimes referred to as 'Frankenberry Stool.'" -Wikipedia.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »

BaudLight (still proud to eat Count Chocula!)

I never heard of Yummy Mummy but I have now:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFEnnbbEAQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eFEnnbbEAQ</a>

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2010, 02:30:47 PM »
I never heard of Fruit Bruit's either:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PQrL3xE75Q" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PQrL3xE75Q</a>

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
"Franken Berry was very popular when first introduced possibly because the initial batches of the cereal used a dye that didn't break down in the body, causing many children's feces to be bright pink, a symptom sometimes referred to as 'Frankenberry Stool.'" -Wikipedia.

I think a similar thing happened with Nerds in the '80's leading to "Nerds Turds".

anything