Author Topic: Ideas For ANS, Old School And Postcard Titles  (Read 10177 times)

Offline 7-Pup

Ideas For ANS, Old School And Postcard Titles
« on: August 08, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »
Just some ideas for future ANS, Old School and Postcard titles. Propeller (Propel Water), Mice Mountain, Lice Mountain and Rice Mountain (Ice Mountain), Queen Vitaman (King Vitamin), Hoot Tamales (Hot Tamales), Raggie (Reggie Candy Bar), Marshmallow Wabbits (Easter's Marshmallow Rabbits), Derby's (Arby's), Dead Robin (Red Robin), Frown's, Drown's and Clown's Chicken (Brown's Chicken), Fairy Queen (Dairy Queen), Cryer's Ice Cream (Breyer's Ice Cream), Eddie's Ice Cream (Edy's Ice Cream), Bugels (Bugles), Bar Crunch (Little Debbie Star Crunch), Go Go's, To To's and Bo Zo's (Hostess Ho Ho's), Jayne's (Jay's Potato Chips), Gloo Berry (Boo Berry),Fruity Scummy Mummy (Fruity Yummy Mummy), King Kongs (Hostess Ding Dongs), Maraton (Marathon Candy Bar),Charleston Blew (Charleston Chew), Bubba Bubba (Hubba Bubba Gum), Crazy Fables ( Crazy Labels), Crocky Toad (Rocky Road Candy Bar), 100 Bland (100 Grand Bar), Heat (Heath Bar), Mrs. Bass, Mrs. Brass and Mrs. Gross (Mrs. Grass Soup), Cinnamon Toad Crunch (Cinnamon Toast Crunch), Dead Baron Pizza (Red Baron Pizza), Jerk's Pizza (Jack's Pizza), Tiny's and Tina's Pizza (Tony's Pizza), Quiet Choke (Diet Coke). Jay, Dave, Neil and everyone else feel free to use them.     

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
Re: Ideas For ANS, Old School And Postcard Titles
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 09:12:47 AM »
I did a Dead Baron Pizza parody for one of my homemades about six years or so ago.  See my link in my signature for the page where all my homemades can be viewed.  Enjoy.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Swiski

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
Is this the same joker who was posting all those purposely lame spoofs on Greg's site a while back? If you're not trying to be funny, I'm sorry to tell you that these are pretty bad.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:11:29 PM »
Is this the same joker who was posting all those purposely lame spoofs on Greg's site a while back? If you're not trying to be funny, I'm sorry to tell you that these are pretty bad.
Dang, this post knocked me down a notch.
I’m hoping you are Martin’s buddy and this is an inside joke.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 05:39:23 PM »

Who are you referring to with your post?  You didn't use the "quote" feature so you can't tell who you are directing the comment to. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »
Oops, I should clear up who I'm talking about. I was referring to 7-Ups' big list of ideas, not Martin's artwork. Is 7-Up the same kid who was posting goofy stuff on Greg's site last year?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:35:05 PM by Swiski »

Offline 7-Pup

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »
Oops, I should clear up who I'm talking about. I was referring to 7-Ups' big list of ideas, not Martin's artwork. Is 7-Up the same kid who was posting goofy stuff on Greg's site last year?
First of all, I'm not a kid. Second, I'm not the joker who was posting goofy stuff on Greg's site last year. And finally, my ideas might not have been top notch ideas, but I thought I had a couple of good ones (Marshmallow Wabbits, Jerk's Pizza, Propeller Water). I really was giving ideas for types of products to spoof. None of these products have been.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »
First of all, I'm not a kid. Second, I'm not the joker who was posting goofy stuff on Greg's site last year. And finally, my ideas might not have been top notch ideas, but I thought I had a couple of good ones (Marshmallow Wabbits, Jerk's Pizza, Propeller Water). I really was giving ideas for types of products to spoof. None of these products have been.

No Worries! He's a Swiski!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 08:21:06 AM »

I think you may be referring to idiotcomic?  I don't believe he's been on this forum though, and I thought 7-Pup had some nice titles in there. 

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 09:14:36 AM »

I think you will find that most of the Wacky artists prefer not to use ideas that have been solicited to them on the forums.  I think they might worry about being accused of taking credit for an idea that someone posted on the message boards.
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:55 PM »
Just some ideas for future ANS, Old School and Postcard titles. Propeller (Propel Water), Mice Mountain, Lice Mountain and Rice Mountain (Ice Mountain), Queen Vitaman (King Vitamin), Hoot Tamales (Hot Tamales), Raggie (Reggie Candy Bar), Marshmallow Wabbits (Easter's Marshmallow Rabbits), Derby's (Arby's), Dead Robin (Red Robin), Frown's, Drown's and Clown's Chicken (Brown's Chicken), Fairy Queen (Dairy Queen), Cryer's Ice Cream (Breyer's Ice Cream), Eddie's Ice Cream (Edy's Ice Cream), Bugels (Bugles), Bar Crunch (Little Debbie Star Crunch), Go Go's, To To's and Bo Zo's (Hostess Ho Ho's), Jayne's (Jay's Potato Chips), Gloo Berry (Boo Berry),Fruity Scummy Mummy (Fruity Yummy Mummy), King Kongs (Hostess Ding Dongs), Maraton (Marathon Candy Bar),Charleston Blew (Charleston Chew), Bubba Bubba (Hubba Bubba Gum), Crazy Fables ( Crazy Labels), Crocky Toad (Rocky Road Candy Bar), 100 Bland (100 Grand Bar), Heat (Heath Bar), Mrs. Bass, Mrs. Brass and Mrs. Gross (Mrs. Grass Soup), Cinnamon Toad Crunch (Cinnamon Toast Crunch), Dead Baron Pizza (Red Baron Pizza), Jerk's Pizza (Jack's Pizza), Tiny's and Tina's Pizza (Tony's Pizza), Quiet Choke (Diet Coke). Jay, Dave, Neil and everyone else feel free to use them.     

They may or may not take your suggestions for Wacky Packages All New Series 8 if it gets a 2011 green light and depending on ANS7 sales.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
I think you will find that most of the Wacky artists prefer not to use ideas that have been solicited to them on the forums.  I think they might worry about being accused of taking credit for an idea that someone posted on the message boards.

This is always a problem. I submitted Propeller as a gag for the newest ANS set. They liked it and just wanted some changes but by the time I was ready to work out the new stuff we already had enough for the series. Maybe next one.  I also have two other ones on this list in my idea notebook already.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 09:21:39 PM »
They may or may not take your suggestions for Wacky Packages All New Series 8 if it gets a 2011 green light and depending on ANS7 sales.

I have a hunch with the odds for the chase cards that ANS 7 will be a huge success.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 09:57:52 PM »
I have a hunch with the odds for the chase cards that ANS 7 will be a huge success.
Are you going to chase the tough stuff? I don't plan on doing that again. I'm still trying to find a gold Battlecaps from Flashback 2.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 05:41:01 AM »
Are you going to chase the tough stuff? I don't plan on doing that again. I'm still trying to find a gold Battlecaps from Flashback 2.

I need to decide the same thing.  It would be nice to have total production #'s so we could calculate the total #'s of sketches, gold foils etc. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 10:17:55 PM »

I know 71 cards out of 72 doesn't cut it for a collector but you have to be pretty damn proud to pull this off. Very tough!
I am not sure what I will do. It all depends on my first case of 8 boxes and what I pull. I could pull something really nice and think it's really easy or I could pull nothing while another forum member buys one or two boxes and pulls a fantastic card. Then it's hard to say where the rational in my brain will take me ;D
I never thought I would buy as many of the Flashbacks 1 &2 or OLDS as I did but it all worked out that I didn't have to invest too much even though I bought a shit load. I was also able to recoup my losses. ANS7 will be really hot from the gate as all sets and then simmer down. It all depends on what get's pulled and the selling hype on ebay. It's always a rush initially with any release so we will have to see.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »

By the way I see that DAcards just updated their site so you can order now.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 12:39:33 AM »
I know 71 cards out of 72 doesn't cut it for a collector but you have to be pretty damn proud to pull this off. Very tough!
I am not sure what I will do. It all depends on my first case of 8 boxes and what I pull. I could pull something really nice and think it's really easy or I could pull nothing while another forum member buys one or two boxes and pulls a fantastic card. Then it's hard to say where the rational in my brain will take me ;D
I never thought I would buy as many of the Flashbacks 1 &2 or OLDS as I did but it all worked out that I didn't have to invest too much even though I bought a shit load. I was also able to recoup my losses. ANS7 will be really hot from the gate as all sets and then simmer down. It all depends on what get's pulled and the selling hype on ebay. It's always a rush initially with any release so we will have to see.
I know what will happen. When you open your first case a Topps flower will rise up and shoot spores in your face like what happened to Spock in Star Trek. Then you'll be hooked.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »

Yah, but if anyone will get more lucky than the average odds predict it will be you! 

I've been out of the loop for a few days...........did we get clarification on what sub-set will get the gold foils?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
Mark, I see this site still sells FB2 boxes at a pretty fair price.

http://www.thecardkid.com/trading-cards-non-sports-trading-cards-wacky-packages.html

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 06:20:38 PM »
Mark, I see this site still sells FB2 boxes at a pretty fair price.

http://www.thecardkid.com/trading-cards-non-sports-trading-cards-wacky-packages.html
I ordered some boxes from them once and they told me they didn't actually have them in stock but were pretty sure they could get some so they left the ad up. I got a refund and decided not to order from them again.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 12:05:57 AM »
I ordered some boxes from them once and they told me they didn't actually have them in stock but were pretty sure they could get some so they left the ad up. I got a refund and decided not to order from them again.

I have ordered from these guys before and they have always come through.
Why do I look at your avatar picture and think that is supposed to be you?.... I guess that is the only way for us to assimilate how people want to be preconceived but the hulking guy isn't you, unless this is before shower?  :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:07:52 AM by BumChex »

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 01:08:01 PM »
I have ordered from these guys before and they have always come through.
Why do I look at your avatar picture and think that is supposed to be you?.... I guess that is the only way for us to assimilate how people want to be preconceived but the hulking guy isn't you, unless this is before shower?  :D
They're just my minions.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »
They're just my minions.
Even better than opinions.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »
Here are my guesses for parodies if Topps gets a green light for Wacky Packages ANS8 for 2011 release:

FOR THE BASE SET:
Sparker Towels (spoof of Sparkle Towels - left out of ANS7)
Chuck E. Geezee's (spoofs a Chuck E. Cheese's game redemption ticket)
Strike Gum (spoof of Stride Gum)
Disagree (spoof of Degree deodorant)
Cult Noodles (spoof of Nissin Cup Noodles)
Poxford index cards (spoof of Oxford index cards)
Archeese comic book (spoof of an Archie comic book or Archie comic digest)
Taxwell House (spoof of Maxwell House)
Khaki Packages Old Shorts (spoof of Wacky Packages Old School)
Bumzooka (spoof of Bazooka gum)
Peggs (spoof of Leggs panty hose)
Whisker Sickens (spoof of Whisker Lickens)
Sock Band (spoof of the Rock Band video game)
Frozen Flakes (spoof of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes)
Tridead Gum (spoof of Trident Gum)
Harasscade (spoof of Cascade)
Spike and Spam (spoof of Spic and Span)
Bleedy's Ice Cream (spoof of Edy's ice cream)
A-chu A-chu Pets (spoof of Zhu Zhu Pets)
Cheapo Pet (spoof of Chia Pet)
The Crapper (spoof of the Clapper)
Face Bag (spoof of Space Bag)
Sluggie (spoof of the Snuggie blanket)
Tarkist (spoof of Star Kist)
Glue Star ointment (spoof of Blue Star Ointment)
Obscene It game (spoof of Scene It DVD game)
Choker Pebbles (spoof of Cocoa Pebbles cereal)
Creamed of Wheat (spoof of Cream of Wheat)
Blingers (spoof of Hostess Zingers)
Hopeless Nut Queerios (spoof of Honey Nut Cheerios)
Angry Jack (spoof of Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes)
Slop Rocks (spoof of Pop Rocks)
Eggland's Worst (spoof of Eggland's Best eggs)
Banana Bloat (spoof of Banana Boat suntan lotion)
Leg Beaters (spoof of Egg Beaters)
Sondrac the Hedgehog (spoof of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book)
BLAD Magazine (spoof of Mad Magazine)
Crampers diapers (spoof of Pampers diapers)
Tot-tino's Pizza Rolls (spoof of Tostino's Pizza Rolls)
Air Deads (spoof of Air Heads)
McCoffin (spoof of McDonald's McCafe)
Boz (spoof of Biz)
Palmonion (spoof of Palmolive)
Soft 'n Fri (spoof of Soft 'n Dri)
Old El Pizzano (spoof of Old El Paso)
Wheinz Ketchup (spoof of Heinz Ketchup)
Puss Pop (spoof of Push Pop)
Bango mints (spoof of Frango mints)
Bumpkin Hines (spoof of Duncan Hines cake mix)
Clucker Jack (spoof of Cracker Jack)
No to Cabbage (spoof of Yes to Carrots)
Cavewoman's Day magazine (spoof of Woman's Day magazine)
Nix (spoof of Kix cereal)
Snakeafed (spoof of Sudafed)
Spitbrush (spoof of Spinbrush)
Char (spoof of Cheer detergent)
Rough Crisp Steak House (spoof of a Ruth's Chris Steak House bag)
Complete Punknuts or Complete Pukenuts (spoof of Fantagraphics Complete Peanuts books)

FOR THE ANS8 Wackomercials set, use 20 selected entries from the 6 going on 7 Wacky Packages postcards series in sticker/Wackomercial form each with different colored borders.

AND FOR THE ANS8 classic foil stickers subset:
Snatch-a-Pack
G.I. Toe
Diet Frite Cola
Beastball
Playbug
Smell Motor Oil
Nutts Apple Sauce
Biva Towels
Fearstone Tires
Barfield Hang-Up
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:55:29 AM by dth1971 »

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 03:37:28 PM »
Here are my guesses for parodies if Topps gets a green light for Wacky Packages ANS8 for 2011 release:

FOR THE BASE SET:
Sparker Towels (spoof of Sparkle Towels - left out of ANS7)
Chuck E. Geezee's (spoofs a Chuck E. Cheese's game redemption ticket)
Strike Gum (spoof of Stride Gum)
Disagree (spoof of Degree deodorant)
Cult Noodles (spoof of Nissin Cup Noodles)
Poxford index cards (spoof of Oxford index cards)
Archeese comic book (spoof of an Archie comic book or Archie comic digest)
Taxwell House (spoof of Maxwell House)
Khaki Packages Old Shorts (spoof of Wacky Packages Old School)
Bumzooka (spoof of Bazooka gum)
Peggs (spoof of Leggs panty hose)
Whisker Sickens (spoof of Whisker Lickens)
Sock Band (spoof of the Rock Band video game)
Frozen Flakes (spoof of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes)
Tridead Gum (spoof of Trident Gum)
Harasscade (spoof of Cascade)
Spike and Spam (spoof of Spic and Span)
Bleedy's Ice Cream (spoof of Edy's ice cream)
A-chu A-chu Pets (spoof of Zhu Zhu Pets)
Cheapo Pet (spoof of Chia Pet)
The Crapper (spoof of the Clapper)
Face Bag (spoof of Space Bag)
Sluggie (spoof of the Snuggie blanket)
Tarkist (spoof of Star Kist)
Glue Star ointment (spoof of Blue Star Ointment)
Obscene It game (spoof of Scene It DVD game)
Choker Pebbles (spoof of Cocoa Pebbles cereal)
Creamed of Wheat (spoof of Cream of Wheat)
Blingers (spoof of Hostess Zingers)
Hopeless Nut Queerios (spoof of Honey Nut Cheerios)
Angry Jack (spoof of Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes)
Slop Rocks (spoof of Pop Rocks)
Eggland's Worst (spoof of Eggland's Best eggs)
Banana Bloat (spoof of Banana Boat suntan lotion)
Leg Beaters (spoof of Egg Beaters)
Sondrac the Hedgehog (spoof of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book)
BLAD Magazine (spoof of Mad Magazine)
Crampers diapers (spoof of Pampers diapers)
Tot-tino's Pizza Rolls (spoof of Tostino's Pizza Rolls)
Air Deads (spoof of Air Heads)
McCoffin (spoof of McDonald's McCafe)
Boz (spoof of Biz)
Palmonion (spoof of Palmolive)
Soft 'n Fri (spoof of Soft 'n Dri)
Old El Pizzano (spoof of Old El Paso)
Wheinz Ketchup (spoof of Heinz Ketchup)
Puss Pop (spoof of Push Pop)
Bango mints (spoof of Frango mints)
Bumpkin Hines (spoof of Duncan Hines cake mix)
Clucker Jack (spoof of Cracker Jack)
No to Cabbage (spoof of Yes to Carrots)
Cavewoman's Day magazine (spoof of Woman's Day magazine)
Nix (spoof of Kix cereal)
Snakeafed (spoof of Sudafed)
Spitbrush (spoof of Spinbrush)
Char (spoof of Cheer detergent)
Rough Crisp Steak House (spoof of a Ruth's Chris Steak House bag)
Complete Punknuts or Complete Pukenuts (spoof of Fantagraphics Complete Peanuts books)

FOR THE ANS8 Wackomercials set, use 20 selected entries from the 6 going on 7 Wacky Packages postcards series in sticker/Wackomercial form each with different colored borders.

AND FOR THE ANS8 classic foil stickers subset:
Snatch-a-Pack
G.I. Toe
Diet Frite Cola
Beastball
Playbug
Smell Motor Oil
Nutts Apple Sauce
Biva Towels
Fearstone Tires
Barfield Hang-Up

Wow Dude!  You sure are putting a lot of thought into this!  Why not kick back and enjoy the current series for a while?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 10:14:28 AM »
Wow Dude!  You sure are putting a lot of thought into this!  Why not kick back and enjoy the current series for a while?

I know!  I think Daryl likes the waiting and anticipation more than getting the actual series.