Author Topic: Lost Wacky Doglix Help  (Read 3514 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Lost Wacky Doglix Help
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »
Can anyone tell me which of the LW Series this belongs to and any documentation to support it.  I have scoured Google and Greg's page and no confident answers yet..... all I can find is Lost Wackys of the 1980s:

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Lost Wacky Doglix Help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »
Can anyone tell me which of the LW Series this belongs to and any documentation to support it.  I have scoured Google and Greg's page and no confident answers yet..... all I can find is Lost Wackys of the 1980s:

Mark, just a hunch but that sure looks like someone doctored the DOGLON title from the 1980's Irish Wacky Packages set. 

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:06:14 PM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »
Wasn't Doglix in the Irish test set? I have no idea why it's with these 'newer' lost sets. I have one too, but I don't think it was ever part of Greg's Lost Wackys. I have been of the opinion that it's only part of Matt's re-printed newly rediscovered sets. Maybe I'm wrong?
Brian Mc

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 02:42:03 PM »
Wasn't Doglix in the Irish test set? I have no idea why it's with these 'newer' lost sets. I have one too, but I don't think it was ever part of Greg's Lost Wackys. I have been of the opinion that it's only part of Matt's re-printed newly rediscovered sets. Maybe I'm wrong?
right,
Doglix is the original version that's in the Irish test set, which was changed to Doglon for the printed version.

Don't believe it was ever a part of any of these Lost Wacky sets.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:24:29 PM »
Why on earth change it to "Doglon" anyway?  Perhaps I'm just either too tired or dense, but I don't get it.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 04:41:15 PM »
I had bought a set of the LW1 and LW2 years ago on the bay and it was in my LW1 / LW2 binder and am cleaning up, better organizing and scanning and databasing, lotssss of ings... hahahahaha

I thought so, as I have two cards and a wrapper from the Irish test series.... and it is listed as part of it and there and nowhere else.... have to figure our where it came from - white back and no other markings??

PLUS - There is no Copyright info, etc... ????

Richard
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:01:57 PM by vahsurfer »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
I had bought a set of the LW1 and LW2 years ago on the bay and it was in my LW1 / LW2 binder and am cleaning up, better organizing and scanning and databasing, lotssss of ings... hahahahaha

I thought so, as I have an Irish test Set and it is there and nowhere else.... have to figure our where it came from - white back and no other markings??

Richard

You actually have a complete Irish Test set? That's pretty cool.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 06:24:52 PM »
I'm not sure how much light I can shed, but I bought the original art from Topps on ebay maybe 10-12 years ago.  I've since sold it when I remodeled my kitchen.  However, during the time I had it, I had a bunch of stickers printed up by Chip from MN.  Not sure if he kept any himself, but he may have.  I've sold and traded a handful of them over the years. 

As for their being in any of the Lost Wacky sets, I don't know for sure.  I think I have the first two sets and I don't even recall if they made it in those or not.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 06:57:59 PM »
It is KILLING ME! not to know or have documentation on where it came from - grrrrrrrr

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 04:07:55 AM »
It is KILLING ME! not to know or have documentation on where it came from - grrrrrrrr

I looked through my "Lost" stickers, and I do have a Doglix sticker.  If it helps, it is grouped with Runny Face, Jujubats, Growgerm, and Red Veins.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 07:40:50 AM »
You actually have a complete Irish Test set? That's pretty cool.

Wow - that IS cool!!  I have just one card as an example.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »
I looked through my "Lost" stickers, and I do have a Doglix sticker.  If it helps, it is grouped with Runny Face, Jujubats, Growgerm, and Red Veins.

I seem to remember there being some extra titles that weren't on the checklist. Red Veins was definitely one such.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 11:01:04 AM »
I seem to remember there being some extra titles that weren't on the checklist. Red Veins was definitely one such.

I have an extra set of the 5 packs (purple, yellow, green, red and blue), and am beginning to consider killing them and documenting what's in each.  Heaven knows with Matt printing them up in infinite quantities, I'll never get back what I paid for them.  And opening his current hot-off-the-presses packs might not answer questions, as he's adding variations, too.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 07:43:59 AM »
THANKS! for the feedback, that is where I have had mine as well, and what I have read on Greg's page, http://www.wackypacks.com/unpublished/lw1/index.html,  the Red Veins and others were listed as part of, but not on the checklist, yet mysteriously left this one off?

Thanks again for the confirmations!

Richard

anything