Author Topic: Sign of the times!  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Jean Nutty

Sign of the times!
« on: January 11, 2018, 05:03:16 PM »
I have never in my life spotted a stuck Wacky in the wild. Until now!

I took a walk to the park the other day and walked by this sign on a fence.

I stopped and thought, "Was that what I think that was?!" I turned around and went back. Sure enough!

Offline Baked Bears

Re: Sign of the times!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 05:32:46 PM »
Looks lonely, Jean Nutty.  I really think you should give it a companion.  You needn't worry about the video cameras.  Obviously they are not directed at the signs.  By the way, what on earth is the brown goo?

(Like your thread title, by the way!)

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 05:55:02 PM »
I vaguely remember sticking a few in the early days of ANS, but I don't think I ever checked back to see how long they lasted.  Can't imagine them holding up to the elements for long.  I wish I had done a lot more because it's a fun way to enjoy them.  With my luck though, I'd get caught on a surveillance camera somewhere and end up arrested for vandalism.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:08:41 PM »
The two graffiti tags are either a gang name or "artist" alias and the brown goo is actually glittery gold.

The fence surrounds a city maintenance building and there are these signs about every 40 feet. All of the signs are pristine and untouched except for this one. There's a park across the street. This is kind of a rough neighborhood, and there are beer bottles and blunt wrappers strewn around from late night "activities".

The "Stash-No-Dash"- Prop 215 sticker is in support of the California Compassionate Use Act legalizing medical marijuana.

Gangs, legalized pot, Wacky Packages . . . it's a perfect storm of rebellion. A defiant sign of the times.