Author Topic: Lost 1992 Series Wackys that have been released and those that haven't been-yet  (Read 11159 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Big T,

Time for Tony Sap

hahahahahahahahhaahhahha

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline mikecho

Just my two cents, but I think folks have been agonizing for way too long about the few remaining ‘lost wackys’ bread crumbs that may still be out there.  It’s probably safe to say that every title produced to high standards has been found, reprinted and available, and most of the rest are just a little...off, IMO.  Even some of the lesser ones have also been reprinted, mainly in Flashbacks.  Some never got to the final painting stage, for whatever reason.  Deal with it!  These endless quests, I just don’t understand the relentless thought and energy that goes into it.  And there’s zero nostalgia factor!  Sometimes these things never see the light of day for valid reasons.  It’s like when a singer / songwriter passes away, someone always comes along looking to cash in on ‘lost’/unreleased recordings.  I understand that was the case with Prince.  The artist may have simply believed the material was crap and refused to embarrass him or herself.  The fan may feel otherwise but it’s not the fan’s call.  Why the artist doesn’t destroy the master recordings I don’t know, but this problem would seem avoidable if that was done.

I guess people just love a good mystery, myself included, but for me this ain’t one of them.
Oh, I don't know about that. Practically all the unreleased Wackys from the lost 1992 Series looked really good to me. Tushie Roll and Mr. Potato Famine really stood out.

As far as I can see, Drew Friedman and Pat Piggott's Wackys were really funny and I think they should've been given their due a long time ago. I know many (but not all) of them were done unofficially in Lost Wackys 2nd Series, but it's time to make it official after all these years. I look at all the Wackys on the list on pg. 1 that are still unreleased and I see nothing but untapped potential.

Offline drono

I look at all the Wackys on the list on pg. 1 that are still unreleased and I see nothing but untapped potential.

Somehow that reminds me of a commercial with Pinocchio as a bad motivational speaker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SufurXtfHs

Offline mikecho

Somehow that reminds me of a commercial with Pinocchio as a bad motivational speaker.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SufurXtfHs
You got it, but I'm not lying in this case.

Offline Plastered Peanut

You got it, but I'm not lying in this case.

I think you missed the point.   

PS. Dr.Ono, please don't throw the Captain Obvious commercial at me.   ;D
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline mikecho

I think you missed the point.   

PS. Dr.Ono, please don't throw the Captain Obvious commercial at me.   ;D
No, I didn't. I knew where the line came from.

Offline drono

No, I didn't. I knew where the line came from.

Then either you were being jocular, or you missed the point. 

Offline mikecho

Then either you were being jocular, or you missed the point.
Believe me, I was being jocular.

Seriously, though, my suggestion for an OLDS 1990s series containing most of the remaing unreleased 1992 Series Wackys on pg. 1 in Reply #20 still stands.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 04:59:43 PM by mikecho »