Author Topic: Lost 1992 series Wackys that have been released and those that haven't been-yet  (Read 1249 times)

Offline mikecho

Here are the lost 1992 Wackys that have been released, their real names and where they came from:   ANS1:   Chimp Stick (Chap Stick)   Gravestones Unchewable Vitamins (Flintstones Chewable Vitamins)    Mr. Coffin (Mr. Coffee)   Lame Boy (Game Boy)   Fright Castle Ghoulburgers (originally Fright Castle Greaseburgers) (White Castle Cheeseburgers)   Mean Cuisine Crazed Chicken (Lean Cuisine Glazed Chicken)   Choperation (Operation)   Cheapo-Man Lice Cakes (Chico-San Rice Cakes)   Smellio's (Ellio's Frozen Pizza)   Sludgcicle Sludge Bars (Fudgcicle Fudge Bars)   Welt's Grape Jelly (in a Tomb and Buried jar) (Welch's Grape Jelly (in a Tom and Jerry jar))   Gormel Scary Kitchen Scorned Beef Hash (Hormel Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash)   Clodlike Bar (Klondike Bar-The Original)   Penalty Flag Coach Motel (Black Flag Roach Motel)   Flashback 2:   Beaver (Weaver Drumsticks and Thighs Frozen Dinner)   Brain'nola (Arnold Bran'ola 12-Grain Bread)   Cranked Out! (Cracked)   Fungicolor (Fujicolor)  Gooya (Goya Black Eye Peas)   My Spittle Pony (My Little Pony)   The Scare Bears Reign of Terror (The Care Bears Rainy Day Activities)   Tetanus (Tetris)   Unlucky Dog (Purina Lucky Dog)   Wacky Packages book (first edition):   Sea Honkies (Sea Monkeys)   Skullshine Granny Hairs (Sunshine Grahamy Bears)   Wacky Packages New New New book:   Fuzzy Globs Ice Cream (Frusen Gladje Ice Cream)   Ghoul Talk (Girl Talk)   Powerless Glove (Power Glove)   Snookered Bottle O' Scotch Flavored Topping (Smucker's Butterscotch Flavored Topping)   ANS10:  Medskool Growgerm (Playskool Glowworm)   Reejeck Mumps (Reebok Pumps Sneakers)  Shebad (Sheba)   ANS11:   Gristlers (Twizzlers)   Splat the Bunny (Pat the Bunny)   Toeplait Toe Jam Style Yogurt (Yoplait Custard Style Yogurt)   2014 S1:   Richie Retch Big Chunks (Richie Rich Big Bucks)   Wacky Packages Go to the Movies (2018 series):   Harassame Street Magazine (Sesame Street Magazine)   No Hair on Elm Street (A Nightmare on Elm Street).   Now, here are the ones from the same series that haven't been released-yet-and their real names:   Barfie (Barbie)   Bimbo (Dumbo)   BOB Magazine (BOP)   Boosh Ball (Koosh Ball)   Boy's Lice Magazine (Boy's Life)   BuckTales (DuckTales)   CarpiSun (CapriSun)   Chia Punk (Chia Pet)   Chin Magazine (Spin)   Conun the Librarian (Conan the Barbarian)   De'Ja Vu Master Sickey Mouse Viewer (View Master Mickey Look Viewer Gift Set)   Exximo Pie (Eskimo Pie Ice Cream Bar)   Famine Circle Magazine (Family Circle)   Farting Lineup (Starting Lineup)   Fartles & Lames (Bartles & James)   Frank Snotra's Luger da Revolta Booger Style Marinara Sauce (Frank Sinatra's Sugo da Tavola Tomato Basil Sauce with Parmesan Cheese)   FrozFoot (FrozToes Ice Cream Bar)   Heaventeen Magazine (Seventeen)   Jo-Jo My Walking Pop (Go-Go My Walking Pup)   The Little Barmaid (The Little Mermaid)   Little Drippie Snot Cakes (Little Debbie Snack Cakes)   Louse & Garbage (LG) Magazine (House & Garden (HG))   Lush Pop (Push Pop)   Numbskull Mr. Potato Famine (Playskool Mr. Potato Head)   Paul E. Newman's Rancid Dressing (Newman's Own Ranch Dressing)    Sad Magazine (Mad)   Scar Magazine (Star)   Shmeal Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Rabbis (Ideal Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots)   Slippery Murry-O Bros. 3 (Super Mario Bros. 3)   Snafu (Snapple)   Soldier of Misfortune Magazine (Soldier of Fortune)   Spleen Beat Magazine (Teen Beat)   Sweat Valley High #666: Playing for Creeps (Sweet Valley High #49: Playing for Keeps)   Tushie Roll (Tootsie Roll)   TV Died Magazine (TV Guide)   Twisted (Twister). Any thoughts on this list?   UPDATE: I just remembered that there were 3 other Wackys made for this series that only got as far as roughs and may have been intended as substitutes for anything in the series that might have been C&Ded:   Orangenie (Orangina)   Polly-O-No! String-Up Cheese (Polly-O! String Cheese)   Rookie Crisp-Charred Chips (Cookie Crisp-Chocolate Chip).
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 04:10:09 PM by mikecho »

Offline MoldRush

Wow, how did you compile this list, especially the unpublished ones?  Once upon a time the Lost Wackys site was the definitive repository for all this information, but it hasn't been updated in years, and your list looks more extensive.

Fred Wheaton's page is a significant source of extensive information on the '92s

http://www.hipsteria.com/wacky/wacky_92.asp

Offline mikecho

Wow, how did you compile this list, especially the unpublished ones?  Once upon a time the Lost Wackys site was the definitive repository for all this information, but it hasn't been updated in years, and your list looks more extensive.
Actually, lostwackys.com was where I got most of the info on the series from-that and the Master Spreadsheet, the second of which shows how many were released, while on the first one, I simply ignored the ones that I knew about from the second one and took what was left. The only exception was Chin Magazine, which was shown as a rough on an article about Drew Friedman that I found on the web. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it since then and I have no idea where it is or what happened to it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:53:13 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

I found a link to the article-look up "Drew Friedman" at Artists and Illustrators on this forum. After I found it, I also found these potential and possible lost 1992 series Wackys, in addition to Chin Magazine:   Frank Snotra's Luger da Revolta Booger Style Marinara Sauce (Frank Sinatra's Sugo da Tavola Tomato Basil Sauce with Parmesan Cheese)   Heaventeen Magazine (Seventeen)   Paul E. Newman's Rancid Dressing (Newman's Own Ranch Dressing)   Shmeal Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Rabbis (Ideal Games Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots). Oh, what the hey, I'll just put them up there anyway.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:34:04 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

I just remembered that Barfie has kinda-sorta been released in ANS3. It was bonus sticker B2, but Topps changed the design to a modern product and it became Barfie MyScream (Barbie MyScene). The original lost 1992 version still hasn't been released, however.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:21:10 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

I found a link to the article-look up "Drew Friedman" at Artists and Illustrators on this forum. After I found it, I also found these potential and possible lost 1992 series Wackys:   Frank Snotra's Marinara Sauce (Frank Sinatra's Marinara Sauce)   Heaventeen Magazine (Seventeen)   Paul E. Newman's Rancid Dressing (Newman's Own Ranch Dressing)   Shmeal Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Rabbis (Ideal Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots). Oh, what the hey, I'll just put them up there anyway.
The web address for the article on Drew Friedman's 1990s Wackys, if anyone wants to look at it, is http://drewfriedman.blogspot.com/2012/11/my-1991-wacky-packs-drawings.html.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:37:11 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

Just added Harassame Street Magazine to the list of published ones! It may be only one out of 38 total, but it's better than nothing. Actually, anything's better than nothing these days.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:38:18 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

Wow! I just found out about one that even I didn't know existed-No Hair on Elm Street (A Nightmare on Elm Street). You learn something new every day, I guess. Well, I've added it in, so that leaves 36 to go.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:06:22 PM by mikecho »

Offline vahsurfer

Offline mikecho

It's already been officially released in the Wacky Packages Go to the Movies series (see my first post above).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 09:19:19 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

Can anyone help me finish the real name of the Frank Snotra's Wacky? It's written on the rough art as "Lunger di Ravolta Booger Style" (see Drew Friedman's article above at my 1-21 post to view the article and the art). I think it's (something) di Ravioli (something) Style. Does anyone know anything about the product being parodied here to help me fill in the blanks?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:29:42 AM by mikecho »

Offline CaseyRob

Sugo da Tavola

Offline mikecho

Sugo da Tavola

Thanks! Only one question: is there a real name for the Booger Style Marinara Sauce part of the Wacky to go with this?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 11:27:09 AM by mikecho »

anything