Author Topic: Ebay-- Didn't receive a package  (Read 3521 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

Ebay-- Didn't receive a package
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:19:41 AM »
So I purchased the red wrapper from Matt. Yesterday it was delivered. Or was it? No. It wasn't. And it still hasn't been today.

Any course of action?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
Re: Ebay-- Didn't receive a package
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:30:28 AM »
If you have a package tracking number, start working it with the post office

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
Are you saying tracking states it was delivered but you don't have it?

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:52:51 AM »
Are you saying tracking states it was delivered but you don't have it?

Yes.

Offline drono

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:53:05 AM »
I had one like that a couple of weeks ago.  Apparently it was an item that I needed to sign for, and the mail carrier didn't give me one of those pink slips for re-delivery.  After a couple of days, the tracking updated that it was being held at the post office, and I would have to go pick it up.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »
Or it could have been delivered - to a similar, but incorrect address.  Happens in my neighborhood a lot - substitute postal carriers, etc..  Many are the times I have had to re-deliver a package to my neighbors, or they to me.  Just the other day, a boy from a couple of houses down was asking door-to-door if anybody had received his delivery by mistake.

Hope you get your package soon.  Best of luck!

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:20:14 AM »
So I purchased the red wrapper from Matt. Yesterday it was delivered. Or was it? No. It wasn't. And it still hasn't been today.

Any course of action?

I had this happen before.  I am not sure how this happens.  I got a notification from the USPS that my ebay package was delivered, and it wasn't.  I contacted the seller and he said it was sent.  I waited a day or two and it arrived.  So it may be a clerical issue on the Post Offices part.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 09:52:34 AM »
I had this happen before.  I am not sure how this happens.  I got a notification from the USPS that my ebay package was delivered, and it wasn't.  I contacted the seller and he said it was sent.  I waited a day or two and it arrived.  So it may be a clerical issue on the Post Offices part.

I think sometimes mail carriers scan items as delivered in advance and then somehow they go undelivered.  I don't think there's much recourse with the tracking once it is scanned as delivered, might be a good idea to ask the mail carrier if he remembers anything about it.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 12:49:35 PM »
Got the package. Showed up at someone else's house. As it turns out, he also gave me a 4th blue OPC wrapper.

Offline Kook

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 12:54:31 PM »
I have been through a similar situation as a seller. After many calls to USPO, Paypal & Ebay, here's the bottom line:

When you are the seller, you are 100% responsible for delivery of the item. If the item doesn't arrive, you eat it. You can do it nicely - issue the buyer a credit, or the buyer can force your hand - they file a claim. Ebay has Total Buyer Satisfaction. That's why you should always get insurance as a seller if the item is more than you are comfortable losing.

Here's the twist. Paypal will cover the buyer if the seller says they didn't receive the item, and the USPO says it was delivered. Seller should still issue a credit to the buyer, but seller has recourse with paypal. (The buyer may also have recourse with paypal too, not dropping it in the lap of the seller, but I'm not 100% sure in this case)

In my case, the package, with tracking was lost. Vanished... Poof... Paypal would not cover me saying it was the post office's obligation. They told me they would cover me if it had been showing that it was delivered and the buyer claimed they didn't receive it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:58:33 PM by Kook »

Offline Kook

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 12:55:11 PM »
Seems like it's a moot point in this case. Hopefully the info will help someone in the future.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
Got the package. Showed up at someone else's house. As it turns out, he also gave me a 4th blue OPC wrapper.

Well, that's good news!

Matt probably sent along the 4th blue OPC wrapper to make up for your package being delivered to the wrong address!  :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline mikecho

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 07:54:38 PM »
I'm glad that you got your package and all's well and done. I'd hate to think that you went to all that trouble for nothing and you even got a bonus item in the bargain, too. That's even better than before!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:59:31 PM by mikecho »