Author Topic: WP Old School 6 SPOILERS  (Read 32295 times)

Offline DrDeal

Re: WP Old School 6 SPOILERS
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »
A reflection of what I now am.

True Dat!

Offline Liquidfox

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »

I had totally forgotten about these McDonalds cookies and their little boxes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:24:05 AM by RawGoo »

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2017, 04:19:58 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:23:47 AM by RawGoo »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »
Digging them all, but LOVE this one so much!!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:23:29 AM by RawGoo »
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2017, 10:21:35 PM »
I had totally forgotten about these McDonalds cookies and their little boxes.

I'm a big fan of these bad boys:

My timeline is missing an interim transition box from 1974 that I have since added to my collection.  Never went back to add it though. 

McDonald's Cookie Box Timeline 1972-1987
by Jason Liebig, on Flickr
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline mikecho

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2017, 04:43:58 PM »
Got two Topps titles in this (Don't look!)
I suggested a Topps trading card product somewhere in this forum that could maybe be done next time around: Charlie's Angels Series 1. I even have a good Wacky name for it: Harry's Devils Series 666.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 03:22:06 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
Another:

There was another Peanuts product in the 1970s that could be a possible Wacky for the next OLDS: the Snoopy Brusha-Brusha Toothbrush.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:43:34 AM by RawGoo »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2017, 06:32:09 PM »
One thing that I'd like to ask: can we please get Urban-American Spaghetto-Os finally published, if not next time, then soon? It's the only finished OLDS Wacky that hasn't been released and IMO, that is just wrong on so many levels.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2017, 07:49:18 PM »
I just thought of some more cereals that are ripe for parodying-Quake's Quangaroos, Baron von Redberry and Sir Grapefellow.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:48:45 AM by mikecho »

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2017, 08:51:58 PM »
I just thought of some more cereals that are ripe for parodying-Quangaroos, Baron von Redberry and Sir Grapefellow.

I have gags already written for all three. Just need Topps to say the word...

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2017, 08:52:36 PM »
One thing that I'd like to ask: can we please get Urban-American Spaghetto-Os finally published, if not next time, then soon? It's the only finished OLDS Wacky that hasn't been released and IMO, that is just wrong on so many levels.

They won't use this one because they (inaccurately) think it's somehow racist.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »
I have gags already written for all three. Just need Topps to say the word...
Do you have anything for these two cereals: Klondike Pete's Crunchy Nuggets (either Rice or Wheat) and Crazy Cow (either Chocolate or Strawberry)?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:25:50 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
Just thought of two more: Pop-Ice (since Otter Pops and Fla-Vor-Ice have already been done) and Icee (since 7-Eleven Slurpee and Slush Puppie have already been done). I've even got a Wacky name for the second one: Vicee.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 08:27:30 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2017, 01:39:11 PM »
Thought of two more toy products for a future OLDS: Zillion Bubbles and Monster Bubbles.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2017, 01:47:08 PM »
They won't use this one because they (inaccurately) think it's somehow racist.
I just saw what it looks like, and if that's racist in any way, shape or form, then I'm Frank Sinatra back from the dead - which I'm not. I saw nothing of the kind in that Wacky that could even be remotely construed as racist. If anyone else can see something that I can't, then they're a better person than I am - and I like to think that I'm at least relatively observant.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:50:40 AM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2017, 06:29:22 AM »
I just thought of a toy that was probably 1970s that might be good for OLDS: Marvel the Mustang.

Offline quas

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2017, 07:26:09 AM »
I just thought of a toy that was probably 1970s that might be good for OLDS: Marvel the Mustang.

Any relation to Martin the Martian?  8)

At any rate:

http://www.marxmuseum.com/home/marvelthemustang.html

Marc

Offline mikecho

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:19 AM »
Any relation to Martin the Martian?  8)

At any rate:

http://www.marxmuseum.com/home/marvelthemustang.html
Didn't even know it was 1960s, thanks (and it's Marvin, btw-just thought you'd like to know). However, I just thought of five other toys for OLDS, two of which are very similar to Marvel-Inchworm and Sherlock-and one that's connected to Sherlock-Digger. Also two from Fisher-Price: Snoopy Sniffer and Little Snoopy.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 06:52:27 AM by mikecho »

Offline quas

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:39 AM »
Thought of two more toy products for a future OLDS: Zillion Bubbles and Monster Bubbles.

What about all the products produced by Wham-O in the 1960s (and 1970s?).  I haven't kept track of whether any of those, other than Super Elastic Bubble Plastic in OLDS 6, have been spoofed in Wackies.  Since the die-cuts were issued in 1967, I think the time frame would be appropriate, although the many Wacky Forum members who came of age in the 1970s or later might not be all that familiar with them:

Superball, Slip N Slide, Water Wiggle, Monster Magnet, Silly String, Super Stuff, Air Blaster, and of course, Frisbee(!), etc.

Incidentally, one of my Pasadena, CA elementary school classmates was Chuck Knerr, son of Richard Knerr, co-founder of the company.
Marc

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2017, 01:23:18 PM »
Dave hit the WHam-O frisbee in an earlier Old School series. 

There's a great Wham-O book that was published about a decade ago that I consulted on for the Wham-O Magic Window section of, it's outstanding, with tons of photos and great stories.  A perfect reference.

What about all the products produced by Wham-O in the 1960s (and 1970s?).  I haven't kept track of whether any of those, other than Super Elastic Bubble Plastic in OLDS 6, have been spoofed in Wackies.  Since the die-cuts were issued in 1967, I think the time frame would be appropriate, although the many Wacky Forum members who came of age in the 1970s or later might not be all that familiar with them:

Superball, Slip N Slide, Water Wiggle, Monster Magnet, Silly String, Super Stuff, Air Blaster, and of course, Frisbee(!), etc.

Incidentally, one of my Pasadena, CA elementary school classmates was Chuck Knerr, son of Richard Knerr, co-founder of the company.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2017, 11:49:02 AM »

This is my favorite from the set!   :great:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:31:27 AM by RawGoo »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2017, 04:40:23 PM »
That one brings back memories as a kid!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »
My set arrived today and, while I'm too busy to give a full evaluation, I think Dave hit it out of the park again in terms of the base set.  So many classic products that Dave captures the spirit of the original 70's Wackys.  Truly well done!  Sadly, I have almost the opposite opinion in terms of how Topps sold these (no packs or boxes or checklist; backs that I couldn't care less about; a price point that is pretty high, particularly with a weak, at least what I got, collection of sketches).  I'm not disappointed I bought the set as the base is so stellar.  But, if I did it over, I'd buy the base set on ebay and be done with it.  I just hope Topps doesn't take the wrong message from this series.  I think it's safe to say a quality base set will sell very well.  Extras should be just that; something for which interested collectors can pay more to acquire.  I'd happily trade all my non-base stuff for an extra base set.  In fact, if anyone wants to do that, please PM me.

Sorry about the negative rant on everything but the base set.  The base is fabulous and really hits the mark exceptionally well.  Congrats on your consistently excellent Wackys, Dave!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2017, 07:55:12 PM »
My set arrived today and, while I'm too busy to give a full evaluation, I think Dave hit it out of the park again in terms of the base set.  So many classic products that Dave captures the spirit of the original 70's Wackys.  Truly well done!  Sadly, I have almost the opposite opinion in terms of how Topps sold these (no packs or boxes or checklist; backs that I couldn't care less about; a price point that is pretty high, particularly with a weak, at least what I got, collection of sketches).  I'm not disappointed I bought the set as the base is so stellar.  But, if I did it over, I'd buy the base set on ebay and be done with it.  I just hope Topps doesn't take the wrong message from this series.  I think it's safe to say a quality base set will sell very well.  Extras should be just that; something for which interested collectors can pay more to acquire.  I'd happily trade all my non-base stuff for an extra base set.  In fact, if anyone wants to do that, please PM me.

Sorry about the negative rant on everything but the base set.  The base is fabulous and really hits the mark exceptionally well.  Congrats on your consistently excellent Wackys, Dave!

PM sent
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2017, 03:02:03 AM »
My sets are scheduled to arrive today.  Hoping to get most of the pencils and some cool sketches out of my two sets.  I will post my trade/ need list tonight and pics of my sketches. I feel like I am one of the last people to receive cards.  At least they will come before Christmas. I was looking at my empty OS boxes for sets 1 - 5. It's sad that part will not continue. I think someone should do a run of custom Puzzle Cards to go with this set. What title do we think they should use?
How about Beast-nut?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2017, 03:41:30 AM »
My sets are scheduled to arrive today.  Hoping to get most of the pencils and some cool sketches out of my two sets.  I will post my trade/ need list tonight and pics of my sketches. I feel like I am one of the last people to receive cards.  At least they will come before Christmas. I was looking at my empty OS boxes for sets 1 - 5. It's sad that part will not continue. I think someone should do a run of custom Puzzle Cards to go with this set. What title do we think they should use?
How about Beast-nut?

In the Original Series and Old School traditions of using a Topps product, the puzzle should be either Ugh! Stickers or Hacky Package Tattoos.  I would have preferred the tattoos, because it is a Wacky of a Wacky product, but Ugh! is a better size for a puzzle.

It also is unfortunate that the original Wacky Tattoos package was missing the title on the "Weakies" box - looked wrong then, and it makes the Old School 6 wacky look unfinished, especially if you don't know that's what it looked like for real.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2017, 10:02:45 AM »
I think someone should do a run of custom Puzzle Cards to go with this set.
How about Beast-nut?

Yes, hopefully this can be done!   Beast-nut would get my vote.  Homage to the Big Baddy puzzle!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 10:04:22 AM by Slaytex99 »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2017, 10:50:06 AM »
I’m with Pat, the puzzle can only be a Topps product, and would need to be Ugh!

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2017, 03:01:47 PM »
Honestly would be happy with any puzzle/checklist!   :great: :great:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2017, 06:04:55 PM »
Ugh! works for me.

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2018, 06:01:04 PM »
Hey, look what I found today in the grosscon set

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:39:15 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2018, 09:54:10 PM »
Well, it's about time. I thought they'd never get it done. I've already noted it on the Master Spreadsheet post. Is it a promo card?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:43:14 PM by mikecho »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2018, 04:02:11 AM »
Hey, look what I found today in the grosscon set

Where are these available?  Couldn't find them on ebay.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2018, 06:14:10 AM »
Where can I get a set!!!!!????

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
I'll get more info and add it to be the GCC 2018 thread.
GPK/wacky warehouse (Clint), who is set up here right next to all the artists, has basic sets and master sets,
and all the artists are selling signed copies of their cards too