Author Topic: 1967 set of 56 die cuts  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Rabanv

1967 set of 56 die cuts
« on: November 06, 2017, 08:10:45 AM »
I have to admit I am amazed that there is actually a  complete 44 title set of 1967 Wacky sticker die cuts including the extra 12.I certainly could not afford the asking price.I wonder if anyone would ever buy that huge set  for nearly $57,000.00.Time will surely tell.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

Re: 1967 set of 56 die cuts
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 03:13:43 PM »
I watching this one too. Insane price!

Offline 6_Fooey_Ounces

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:45:20 AM »
I watching this one too. Insane price!

Price dropped to $55,999.99!!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 10:36:23 AM »
Price dropped to $55,999.99!!
NOW it's a bargain! 

Online drono

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:48:24 PM »
NOW it's a bargain!

I can't imagine with that price tag there are many available buyers. 

Would I love to have it -- absolutely.  Am I willing to pay $56K (I'll give them the penny too) -- nope.  Of course, I could charge it and then call one of those credit relief centers because I shouldn't be fooled by the credit card companies into thinking that I have to pay off all my debt.  Sheesh, what's the world coming to?!?

Offline quas

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 03:16:48 PM »
It's amazing how PSA-slabbing a VG-EX card can make it so much more desirable........apparently........
Marc

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 04:18:08 PM »
I can't imagine with that price tag there are many available buyers. 

Would I love to have it -- absolutely.  Am I willing to pay $56K (I'll give them the penny too) -- nope.  Of course, I could charge it and then call one of those credit relief centers because I shouldn't be fooled by the credit card companies into thinking that I have to pay off all my debt.  Sheesh, what's the world coming to?!?

LOL! I hear that commercial daily on internet radio and laugh every time: "Don't be fooled by the credit card companies into thinking that you have to pay off the credit card companies-because you don't have to!"

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »
It's amazing how PSA-slabbing a VG-EX card can make it so much more desirable........apparently........

I know PSA adds value and it's a big deal to a lot of collectors, but to me it just inflates prices. It means nothing to me as I don't need someone else to tell me the condition -I can make my own judgment thank you very much. And I've seen too many mistakes from them over the years too. Sometimes you really have to wonder if the grader has a clue. A WOT in my opinion.

Online Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »
I know PSA adds value and it's a big deal to a lot of collectors, but to me it just inflates prices. It means nothing to me as I don't need someone else to tell me the condition -I can make my own judgment thank you very much. And I've seen too many mistakes from them over the years too. Sometimes you really have to wonder if the grader has a clue. A WOT in my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the fact is, a Ratz or Cracked that is PSA graded will be much easier to sell and will bring more money because, in addition to the grade, the buyer will be confident that the card is not trimmed or otherwise altered. For a common 8th series sticker you're fine buying raw, but for more expensive items it is risky.

Online drono

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 04:35:34 AM »
I know PSA adds value and it's a big deal to a lot of collectors, but to me it just inflates prices. It means nothing to me as I don't need someone else to tell me the condition -I can make my own judgment thank you very much.

I'm not a fan of PSA either, but mistakes aside, it should confirm that your not getting something that has been trimmed to have four sharp corners or is a reproduction.  I don't know if that's a problem with wackys, but it has been a problem with sports cards over the years.  Unless I have way more disposable income in the future, I doubt I'd ever drop more than a few hundred dollars on any sticker, but if I did, I would feel better knowing that PSA had at least authenticated that I was buying something legitimate.

Online Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 06:26:52 AM »
I'm not a fan of PSA either, but mistakes aside, it should confirm that your not getting something that has been trimmed to have four sharp corners or is a reproduction.  I don't know if that's a problem with wackys, but it has been a problem with sports cards over the years.  Unless I have way more disposable income in the future, I doubt I'd ever drop more than a few hundred dollars on any sticker, but if I did, I would feel better knowing that PSA had at least authenticated that I was buying something legitimate.

It's a problem with any higher dollar card. I used to delude myself that wackys were too small time to attract such scummy practices, but if unopened packs worth no more than $20 are being faked (which they have been) then anything is possible/probable.

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 01:44:01 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion, but the fact is, a Ratz or Cracked that is PSA graded will be much easier to sell and will bring more money because, in addition to the grade, the buyer will be confident that the card is not trimmed or otherwise altered. For a common 8th series sticker you're fine buying raw, but for more expensive items it is risky.

I can see it on expensive and rare items such as Ratz or Cracked. But on common items, no, sorry, I just don't see the point other than to inflate prices. I see common WP on eBay all the time and just smh.

anything