Author Topic: !6th Series Pack Contents  (Read 5042 times)

Offline CherryBombs

!6th Series Pack Contents
« on: October 25, 2017, 04:36:50 PM »
Can anyone help me regarding what may be inside this pack... Smartz Collar is the first card showing

eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline bigtomi

Re: 16th Series Pack Contents
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 05:34:44 PM »
Can anyone help me regarding what may be inside this pack... Smartz Collar is the first card showing
The knight's move should apply, but Smartz is an edge card, so it may not be possible to accurately predict.

Offline CherryBombs

Re: !6th Series Pack Contents
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:06:32 AM »
I'm not sure on what to do... I'm 100 % positive it's never been opened with that said the gum inside is broken so, that makes it upgradable with PSA. I'm conflicted on what to do it's a beautiful pack as it is but, on the other hand I may have a Cracked Lighter which I desperately seek in gradable condition... oh the torment and turmoil !

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 02:23:18 AM »
Cracked is directly above Smartz on the sheet. So, I think the chances of getting it are slim to none.

Garbage Can-dy is knights move from it backwards. (Think if Garbage Can-dy, then Smartz.) But I have no clue what the last one would be.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 03:42:16 AM »
Cracked is directly above Smartz on the sheet. So, I think the chances of getting it are slim to none.

Garbage Can-dy is knights move from it backwards. (Think if Garbage Can-dy, then Smartz.) But I have no clue what the last one would be.

The combination of three stickers and Smartz being on the edge make predicting difficult. Best bet is to ask Ernie what was in his Smartz packs as he recorded the contents of a full box he opened years ago.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 05:13:24 AM »
The combination of three stickers and Smartz being on the edge make predicting difficult. Best bet is to ask Ernie what was in his Smartz packs as he recorded the contents of a full box he opened years ago.
Not even sure I kept that list, I know there were differences in whether the titles faced down or up in the packs.  I documented way more than one full box and it was the key to my presenting the knight move idea which applied to other series like these really poor condition 3rd series packs that I realized it worked across the series.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 04:51:49 PM »

I killed a couple of boxes many years ago and I logged all the results.  While I did not have any packs that had Smartz showing, The packs that had Tipsy showing had Tipsy, Smartz, and Real Garbage.  If you look at the uncut sheet, your pack should have the same contents.  The Tipsy falls right in line with the Smartz and Real Garbage.  Also, none of the packs that had Tipsy showing had a right side puzzle piece in them either.  All packs had one of the Middle pieces, Top, bottom, and lower.  Looking back at my data, probably the best pack to open would be one that had Fool Guard, Gillo, or Suspect showing.  Those packs had three non repeats all the time and always had a Right side puzzle piece, which adds a lot of value, especially a bottom right.  Another great pack is Copperbone, Dirty Cell, and Horsey.  Half of those I opened also had a right side.  Also, if Russian Spies is showing there is a 2/3 chance you will get a Scoot NC.  The bad news is that the other card will be a Jungle.  Actually looking at the data, another great pack is the Prowl, Sucker Twin, and Ghoul Humor pack.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 05:39:20 PM »
Great information!

My 16th packs have Similecch, Horsey and Ram-A-Liar showing. Any data on those?

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »
Great information!

My 16th packs have Similecch, Horsey and Ram-A-Liar showing. Any data on those?

Similecch  Krummies  Jungle  plus a Left side piece
Horsey Dirty Cell Copperbone plus Middle or a right side
Ram-A-Liar Old Grandmom Scoot WC  plus a right side piece

All packs I opened followed this pattern.
Still looking for Series 17

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 02:52:17 AM »
Come to think of it I opened a pack last year although I don't remember what was showing on that pack I do remember pulling Smartz, Tipsy and Garbage not sure what puzzle piece it was but, I guess my luck was to find another pack with a high probability of the same cards. I do recall that the Tipsy and Smartz got a mint 9's and I believe the Garbage had an issue perhaps roller marks and I am sure there was no right side puzzle piece. I think I may leave it sealed and bring it to the Spring Show and see if it garners any interest. I still have the Tipsy in my personal collection I remember how confident I was that It would surely be a Gem Mint 10 as the centering was perfect and corners were sharp with absolutely no staining needless to say I was extremely disappointed in the Mint 9 grade. I think I may crack it and submit it again to see if the result would change. As for the pack condition it's a beautiful in itself as is : )

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 03:35:40 AM »
I can see being disappointed with an 8 when you feel a card is really nice, but honestly there's no discernible difference between nice 9s and 10s, trying to re-submit in hope of a 10 is likely to be frustrating.

Offline quas

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 08:09:10 AM »
Come to think of it I opened a pack last year although I don't remember what was showing on that pack I do remember pulling Smartz, Tipsy and Garbage not sure what puzzle piece it was but, I guess my luck was to find another pack with a high probability of the same cards. I do recall that the Tipsy and Smartz got a mint 9's and I believe the Garbage had an issue perhaps roller marks and I am sure there was no right side puzzle piece. I think I may leave it sealed and bring it to the Spring Show and see if it garners any interest. I still have the Tipsy in my personal collection I remember how confident I was that It would surely be a Gem Mint 10 as the centering was perfect and corners were sharp with absolutely no staining needless to say I was extremely disappointed in the Mint 9 grade. I think I may crack it and submit it again to see if the result would change. As for the pack condition it's a beautiful in itself as is : )

How difficult is it these days to "crack" a PSA holder?  Seems to me it's tougher now than it was in the past, with respect to the most recent holders.  Any tips on technique?
Marc

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 08:26:38 AM »
How difficult is it these days to "crack" a PSA holder?  Seems to me it's tougher now than it was in the past, with respect to the most recent holders.  Any tips on technique?

It is tougher but can still be done pretty easily. You can still snip off a corner using an appropriate plier. What's harder is getting the butter knife or flat head screwdriver between the halves. What I do is slip in an exacto knife just to create an opening. You have to be careful though or the blade can snap. Once I do that I can get the butter knife in and proceed as before, although the halves do not come apart as easily.

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 02:37:35 PM »
It is tougher but can still be done pretty easily. You can still snip off a corner using an appropriate plier. What's harder is getting the butter knife or flat head screwdriver between the halves. What I do is slip in an exacto knife just to create an opening. You have to be careful though or the blade can snap. Once I do that I can get the butter knife in and proceed as before, although the halves do not come apart as easily.

Thanks Dave.  What sort of pliers have you used?
Marc

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »

Offline quas

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 08:16:26 PM »
Marc

Offline quas

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 08:17:15 PM »

I guess the challenge can be to not damage the card in the process....probably good to practice on a couple of PSA 4's just to get the hang of it before trying anything on a PSA 8 or higher....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:18:58 PM by quas »
Marc

Offline bandaches

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 06:31:43 AM »
Similecch  Krummies  Jungle  plus a Left side piece
Horsey Dirty Cell Copperbone plus Middle or a right side
Ram-A-Liar Old Grandmom Scoot WC  plus a right side piece

All packs I opened followed this pattern.
I opened hordes of packs and your sticker patterns match mine, the puzzle pieces are much more random than you have indicated.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 06:34:05 AM »

Smartz, tipsy roll, ghoul humor, random puzzle piece

Offline bandaches

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 07:40:43 AM »
Fool Guard
Gillo
Suspect/jungle
Floral
Sufferin
Cracked Lighter
Fling ems
Bleeds
Dr Nest
Regal Clown
Clubbed Canadian
Garbage Candy
Arise
Earth Bum
Yichs
Garbage Candy
Smartz
Tipsy Roll
Ghoul Humor
Sucker Twin
Prowl
Ram a liar
Old Grandma/scoot no
scoot w copy/jungle
Horsey
Dirty Cell
Copperbone
Scoot Copy/no copy
Jungle
Seven Spies
Simileech
Jungle/krummies
Krummies/jungle

Offline bandaches

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 07:42:23 AM »
Perhaps due to sloppiness, some packs would stray from normal expected titles and I have noted such.  Jungle specifically would appear in unexpected places suggesting there could be a late version of the series 16 sheet where some titles were replaced.  I just chocked it up to random sloppiness.

anything