Author Topic: Halloween 2017  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Baked Bears

Halloween 2017
« on: October 20, 2017, 08:28:59 AM »
Was it necessary to delete nearly every single post (aside from 2) on the other Halloween thread?

I tried to get on it from my school building this morning, but it was blocked (which usually signals "extremely foul language.")

Nearly all of the other posts spoke of disappointment, wondering, explanations, insights, hopes for the future, etc..  Was it necessary to delete all of these as well?  This is being a bit extreme.  So much for an open forum and free speech.

And so much for stability.  What, oh what, is everything coming to?

I might also add that, in an open forum, everyone's opinion matters.  Everyone's opinion is equal.  Granted, if someone is going off the deep end and being extreme and disruptive, measures might possibly have to be taken.  Such wasn't the case however with most of the deleted posts.  I for one, agreed with many of the sentiments expressed.  I also found SlamJim's explanations of Topps's inner workings to be extremely insightful.

And yet, now everything is gone.

So now, what?  Nobody's opinions, feelings, or insights matter?  We're supposed to sit back and accept that 2+2 = whatever somebody tells us it equals?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 09:05:58 AM by Baked Bears »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: Halloween 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 09:21:56 AM »
If nothing else it helped highlight the amount of dislike and distrust for Topps that exists. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:29:13 AM »
Since topps is being also aggressive about curtailing activity according to Dave gross, why is matt stock being allowed to stockpile cash selling lost wacky's on eBay?
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »
Since topps is being also aggressive about curtailing activity according to Dave gross, why is matt stock being allowed to stockpile cash selling lost wacky's on eBay?

Give them a call and let them know. I'm sure Colin and whomever else on the creative or publishing side has not been following Matt Stock on Ebay.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 09:34:03 AM »
Was it necessary to delete nearly every single post (aside from 2) on the other Halloween thread?

I tried to get on it from my school building this morning, but it was blocked (which usually signals "extremely foul language.")

Nearly all of the other posts spoke of disappointment, wondering, explanations, insights, hopes for the future, etc..  Was it necessary to delete all of these as well?  This is being a bit extreme.  So much for an open forum and free speech.

And so much for stability.  What, oh what, is everything coming to?

I might also add that, in an open forum, everyone's opinion matters.  Everyone's opinion is equal.  Granted, if someone is going off the deep end and being extreme and disruptive, measures might possibly have to be taken.  Such wasn't the case however with most of the deleted posts.  I for one, agreed with many of the sentiments expressed.  I also found SlamJim's explanations of Topps's inner workings to be extremely insightful.

And yet, now everything is gone.

So now, what?  Nobody's opinions, feelings, or insights matter?  We're supposed to sit back and accept that 2+2 = whatever somebody tells us it equals?

Don't know what happened. I thought I was making sense!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »
STOP! The posts in the new Halloween Pack O Fun thread weren't intended to be deleted. They are being moved, since the topic was morphing in a direction beyond the Pack O Fun release. Those comments have been moved to a new thread, called "comments"....
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:35:58 AM by koduck »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 01:02:16 PM »
Give them a call and let them know. I'm sure Colin and whomever else on the creative or publishing side has not been following Matt Stock on Ebay.
they knew about lost wackys from long ago....why did they know about Neil's halloween set?

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
STOP! The posts in the new Halloween Pack O Fun thread weren't intended to be deleted. They are being moved, since the topic was morphing in a direction beyond the Pack O Fun release. Those comments have been moved to a new thread, called "comments"....

Sorry, but it seemed as if they were deleted.  Perhaps a note (such as what you stated above) could be appended to the original thread to redirect forum members?

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »
they knew about lost wackys from long ago....why did they know about Neil's halloween set?

When did they know about Lost Wackys? Years ago? And then it was stopped? And now they are back so why would they know? That would require some very specific people having to have seen them on Ebay. It probably hasn't happened. As I said if the Lost Wacky thing is a problem for you just tell Topps. I'm sure if they hear they are back or if it's new people running the show and they didn't know they will look into it. I agree with you that bootlegged WPs are a problem. Didn't that also have an X-rated WP in it or am I mistaken?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 04:18:19 PM »
When did they know about Lost Wackys? Years ago? And then it was stopped? And now they are back so why would they know? That would require some very specific people having to have seen them on Ebay. It probably hasn't happened. As I said if the Lost Wacky thing is a problem for you just tell Topps. I'm sure if they hear they are back or if it's new people running the show and they didn't know they will look into it. I agree with you that bootlegged WPs are a problem. Didn't that also have an X-rated WP in it or am I mistaken?
see my other comments, I don't care that matt is making money on lost wackys but I do think the people paying hundreds for the sets are idiots.  I love capitalism. Yes, there is an x rated wacky.

Offline slamjim

• OLDS11 in late 2023!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 04:40:32 PM »
see my other comments, I don't care that matt is making money on lost wackys but I do think the people paying hundreds for the sets are idiots.  I love capitalism. Yes, there is an x rated wacky.

We are in 100% agreement on all that

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 05:14:56 PM »
Yes, there is an x rated wacky.

The occasional x-rated Wackys are a tricky business.  Might they have a negative impact upon Wackys in general?  Yes.  (Though I don't believe the impact would be that profound.)  Am I glad Norm Saunders (providing the stories are true) painted "Ovary Show" - a parody of a parody?  Yes.  (This title might not be to everyone's taste, however I appreciate it in that it provides a deeper glimpse of the artist as a human being.)

I can't be certain, of course, but I'd be willing to bet that many artists (not just Wacky artists, but also artists in general) stole the odd, dull moment to render a bawdy painting.  And I'd be very surprised to discover that they didn't share it in some form or another, as a painted canvas, pencil sketch, or, in this day and age, digital representation.  I mean, really, what's the point in creating something if one doesn't share it?  Mere masturbation.

Online Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 06:08:43 PM »
X rated? I think it's funny.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 07:08:06 PM »
Eh, personally I think that's in bad taste...but humans beings have all different levels of appropriate and inappropriate.  C'Est la Vie :-\

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 08:22:29 AM »
Chad! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Especially if you have a bowl of it, you are definitely going to have a smile on your face!

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »
Dude, you are one seriously disturbed individual!  >(  Thanks for sharing!  :]

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 06:11:11 AM »
BB - I was only thinking with the wrong head!  :-[

Offline bandaches

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 09:03:49 AM »
..and that isn't even the xrated wacky I was referring to!  :D

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 09:30:11 AM »

Which one, then?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 10:03:46 AM »
Ovary Show

Online Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 10:29:56 AM »
I know, Just thought I'd share. I have lots that could be considered X Rated or in Bad taste. That is my specialty...

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 11:10:59 AM »
That is my specialty...

... he said with a grin.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 12:01:15 PM »
Even though I'm royally bummed out we aren't getting the Halloween Fun Packs, I'm more upset about the unanswered questions that are not even related to why it was canceled. What were the parody titles in this set? What were the bonus goodies? Is everything going to be destroyed that was printed? I feel like some of you guys are going to at least get to see this stuff. I'm not one of the priveleged who know the "secret handshake" and will get to see the "Lost Halloween 2017 material. That's what bugs me the most!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »
For the record, there are no secret handshakes here. Nothing is being released.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 12:59:40 PM »
That's what bugs me the most!

Me, too, Swiski.  (Or is it "I, too"?)  Neil / Koduck (speaking of both the artist and forum member) seems to be a man of his word, and aside from maybe a pet dog, cat, goldfish, or squirrel peeking through a studio window, I doubt anyone will see them.  (But lucky them!)  This is a shame, because it does seem a wicked waste.  A destiny unfulfilled.  This bothers me, and will probably always bother me.  Just think of how many other parodies are also "out there," probably never to be seen - hiding in files, drawers, notebooks, vaults, etc..  Just the other day, Joe G. (I believe) mentioned something about a title of his not being used in a postcard set, only to "reappear" later when another set was being fleshed out.  Perhaps Neil's titles might someday see the light of day, as well.  Postcards?  A future Halloween set?  His "hinted at" tell-all memoirs?  Only time will tell...

Oh, and rumor has it the "secret handshake" involves, in part, sticking both index fingers up another's nostrils.  Don't know if you really want to go there...

Offline Swiski

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »
For the record, there are no secret handshakes here. Nothing is being released.

What I meant was only a lucky few will get to see your original artwork in photos or in person of these lost Halloween 2017 parodies. Artists like yourself put a lot of time and quality in the artwork, so it's a shame the whole world wont be able to see them. But I understand that Topps prefers that all evidence is destroyed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 07:57:07 PM by Swiski »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »
Maybe the cards are part of the JFK Files? LOL!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 04:59:28 PM »
In honor of Neil and his awesome works.  These are two of the Halloween Return Sketch Cards I have and wanted to share and help spread the Halloween Cheer!

The best way we honor Neil is to share our Halloween cards form him and respect his decision with this year's release!

Happy Halloween Everyone and Stay Wacky!

Richard

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »
I'll play. Here is my special card.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 03:13:51 PM »
BBBBBbattty!!!

Awesome!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 04:57:27 PM »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 09:56:45 PM »
 Wait a damn sec, so TOPPS is behind the cancellation of Neil's Halloween fun packs?    If that is the case, then Topps just sank to an ALL TIME LOW.... :a102: 
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Tom Keen

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »
Wait a damn sec, so TOPPS is behind the cancellation of Neil's Halloween fun packs?    If that is the case, then Topps just sank to an ALL TIME LOW.... :a102:
There has been no official confirmation of this, only speculation.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2017, 12:27:31 PM »

No speculation. This one is fact. Topps did put a stop to this, but how?

Jim

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »

Let us cease speculating, and just accept that there will be no Halloween parodies this year.  I hope to refocus now on my keeper die-cuts and 1-16 sets.  No one can put the kibosh on those.