Author Topic: Comments  (Read 16702 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Comments
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:32:57 PM »
The 2017 Halloween Pack O Fun release has been cancelled. For those who placed orders, please contact me via PM about a refund.

THANK YOU,
Neil

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!  :'(   >(    :sad:
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:24:31 AM by RawGoo »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline lucidjc

Re: 2017 Halloween Pack O Fun
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »
I'm gonna puke!

Offline 6_Fooey_Ounces

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »
SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!

:91:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:10:35 PM by 6_Fooey_Ounces »

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:36:31 PM »
I'm full blown outraged!!  >( Could you at least show us what could have been?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:45:37 PM »
Sad news. I know Neil put lots and time and funds into this project.  Many thanks to Neil for his past offerings and for trying again this year.

Andrew

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 03:08:58 PM »
Sad news. I know Neil put lots and time and funds into this project.  Many thanks to Neil for his past offerings and for trying again this year.

Andrew

So this is what it really feels like 😡😡😡 i am sure SLOPPS IS BEHIND THIS!!good try Neil

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 03:10:01 PM »
I have sent Neil a private message.  Publicly I am as sad as the rest of you and hope that he can resolve whatever obstacles stopped it from happening going forward.

Neil has been a HUGE Supporter for us and I know in my heart whatever it is it was beyond his control.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 03:34:05 PM »
THIS JUST SUCKS!

(Or is it a "trick?")

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 03:38:47 PM »
THIS JUST SUCKS!

(Or is it a "trick?")

This is NO trick. Something happened. Neil removed the entire other thread! If I find out topps is behind this, I'm calling for a massive Boycott!!  (just speculation) but if topps is really behind this, how can anyone support that??  Prepare to tighten the wallet, yet again!

Jim

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 05:00:31 PM »
PMed Neil, yet still waiting for a response.

Please, somebody say this is all a "cruel" joke and not the result of some petty, childish bullshit.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 05:09:42 PM »
Is this carryover of the bickering on some title that Neil has rights to?

I would have no issues completely boycotting any and all Topps releases if they are behind this.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 05:36:51 PM »
 :sad:
Brian Mc

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 06:19:56 PM »

I truly, with all my heart, hope not.  This could have a domino effect and spell the end for many other artists, as well, in addition to commemorative show cards - thereby leaving us with only the fare we have been served the past couple of years.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 06:32:40 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 06:33:51 PM »
PMed Neil, yet still waiting for a response.

Please, somebody say this is all a "cruel" joke and not the result of some petty, childish bullshit.

Got nothing from as well....this is very fishy 'price toys'  :sad: :sad: :sad:

Topps, the same assholes who want to rape us with their OS6 set for $100 when the FMV is $8 - yea right!! Trying to shut down Neil!!!I am sure the IM is behind this!!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 07:30:19 PM »
Let's try to remain positive - I HOPE it is an issue where the printer could not make the deadline.

IF this is the case, I do not care if I get his AWESOME set AFTER Halloween!

Neil has been sooooo good to the WPs and I will wait for his awesomenesss if this is the case!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »
The way I figure it, this stinks of something beginning with C and ending with D-something I thought Wackys didn't have to deal with anymore.

Offline Slaytex99

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »
Neil is awesome!  I hope this is not Topps. 

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »
I think there is a huge difference between cancelled and postponed. Neil did not say postponed and the removal of the starter thread speaks volumes. Neil may not want to speak about this, Neil may not be able to speak about this.

I said I wanted to puke before, now I want to puke and cry.

Neil, I will support you in ANY way I can!

Jim

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 08:11:47 PM »
Let's try to remain positive - I HOPE it is an issue where the printer could not make the deadline.

IF this is the case, I do not care if I get his AWESOME set AFTER Halloween!

Neil has been sooooo good to the WPs and I will wait for his awesomenesss if this is the case!
If this were the case, why delete a whole thread and not simply explain this to everyone?  My money says it was not simply a printing issue.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 10:20:49 PM »
Well this is certainly disappointing, Dave did mention he was going to talk to someone at Topps about this. I get the feeling whatever he said squashed the release.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 10:37:57 PM »
I remember last year at about this same time Topps shut down a bunch of stuff. Mark Pingatore's Halloween set was one of them.  But I think he offered it later after Halloween???

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 02:03:18 AM »
I think there is a huge difference between cancelled and postponed. Neil did not say postponed and the removal of the starter thread speaks volumes. Neil may not want to speak about this, Neil may not be able to speak about this.

I said I wanted to puke before, now I want to puke and cry.

Neil, I will support you in ANY way I can!

Jim

I agree with the above post. We probably won't get more info. Let's appreciate what Neil has done for our hobby and hope for the best. Halloween just got a little darker. Sad day.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 04:26:52 AM »
This is a very sad day.  If Topps is the cause, which seems likely, how can we protest?  Boycott Old School 6, which we have been eagerly anticipating?  If we do that, not only will we miss out on that set, but Topps will likely decline to consider future Wacky releases because of low sales.  That hurts all of us, including the artists who work on Wacky projects for Topps.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 07:33:17 AM »
Damn! And they were all printed up and ready to ship too! So sad and disappointing! I hope we get the story why they were cancelled at some point.

Offline CherryBombs

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 07:39:08 AM »
Whatever the reason for the cancellation it's obviously beyond your control and I can only surmise as to the reasons behind it but, I have and always will support the artists regardless of my feelings for past decisions made by Topps execs... thanks again Neil for your hard work and dedication to all of us !

Thanks
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline bwing

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 08:08:07 AM »
That just plain sucks!!!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »
Please support the brands you love (especially Wacky Packages)!

THANKS,
Neil

I support Halloween Pack O' Fun!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 09:46:49 AM »
Very sorry to hear, Neil, dang it!  I'm sure you're as disappointed as all of us, but it is what it is.

(Note:  "dang it" is not really a Boston expression, we're usually much more vocal LOL)

Let's all remember to continue to support Wackies!  We've got a great new Old School set
coming soon, and perhaps a few new mini-subsets from Topps before the year's end as well!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2017, 12:11:20 PM »

I didn't actually plan to purchase this Halloween set.. But if that was the case then I would definitely not be buying OLDS6.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2017, 01:47:26 PM »
How does this affect Pranky Products going forward? My anger is really beginning to swell!

Jim

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2017, 01:53:31 PM »
They stop this, but let Matt Stock go on with his rampage!!!  I am getting even more fuckin pissed as the seconds go by...

Jim

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »
WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE???????

WHO ELSE IS NOT GOING TO STAND FOR THIS SHIT???

GRRRRRRRRR

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 02:31:30 PM »
Neil,

I have already sent my private message buy publicly as well I want to speak up and, I think I do, speak for many here in our great Forum:

- YOU ROCK!

- Topps has continued to dwindle and let down the WP community and YOU have been the Beacon on the hill

- They have previously sold out on THEIR Halloween stuff and yet fail to deliver in future years (Their fault not yours)

- You and other artists have been very generous and kind with your efforts and time to help me and others whom adore your art

- I understand you may not be able to share what happened but most of us are realistic and it smells of collusion (LOL!!!)

The bottom line is I and each of us in our family of WP Forum Members truly appreciate you, your efforts and ALL you have done for our craft, and I missed seeing you in Allentown in April BTW!

Hopefully whatever ailed this release can be worked through and is worth the wait, even if in June 2018!  If not, it shall be remembered as the Lost Halloween Series.

Take Care Neil and AGAIN THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU TRULY DO!!!

Richard

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2017, 02:35:27 PM »
They stop this, but let Matt Stock go on with his rampage!!!  I am getting even more fuckin pissed as the seconds go by...

Jim

Yes, I feel the same exact way, Jim.  It's an extremely bitter and difficult pill to swallow.

Despite my age and cynicism, I had always liked to think that there was a loose fraternity of Wacky "players" - painters, concept artists, and executives - that supported and encouraged one another through mutual respect, creativity, humor, and trust - all united and working toward one common goal: to make people smile.  This objective is not even that farfetched or difficult.  In fact, it's simple.  After all, this is the basis of Wackys, the very bedrock upon which they have stood for fifty years.  And yet...  And yet, even in Wackyland, we still find that it's dog eat dog, and rat eat rat.

This is not only a blow to Neil.  This is not only a blow to fans and collectors.  It's a blow to Wackys overall and everything they have stood for.  You know, you get this kind of shit going on inside the castle and inevitably the entire fortress is going to become insecure and collapse in upon itself.  Somewhere, somebody wasn't thinking too clearly.  As with any great endeavor, one must strew seeds of excitement and creativity in every possible direction, not simply tear stuff up by the roots.

Rob

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2017, 03:24:44 PM »
AHHWWGGAAA!!!

LETS BURN THOSE WHO FAULT AT THE STAKE!!!!

BURN THE WITCHES!!!!

AJHAGJHDHWJBBDHBHJJHWGJEHGJHEJEGHGWJBDJJWHDBJWBDKJDJHWJGKWJHEGJHEGJHEGJHGEJWGEJWGDJ!!!!

LET'S HEAR THE BATTLE CRY!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gO2G21Ucqk

YOU SHALL BE BANISHED!!!!

...sorry I had to. Seriously, though, I can see the anger behind this. I, as one, was wanting to see all of the images and gags in the set. Too bad it couldn't have gone through. Let's give the people something to protest about...

And f*** the ever-living fabric out of the youtube forum link. Doesn't work.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:28:44 PM by NationalSpittoon »