Author Topic: LOST WACKYS  (Read 74962 times)

Offline jleonard1967

Re: LOST WACKYS
« Reply #280 on: July 08, 2018, 03:46:44 AM »
All new original product parodies and pin up girls would be good. I do like these but 13 bucks a card is too much for my budget, and I'm guessing these will sell for much more.
Let's hope they put out a set. Right now I think they are recouping their costs to make the set.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #281 on: July 08, 2018, 04:08:22 AM »
I see a lot of concern about slapping pin up girls on wackys. Saying that's not wackys.  How about the guy and his exacto-knife slapping garbage pail kids on wackys, (which I also think is cool). They are selling for 12.00 bucks each. And they are selling. All I am saying is an original idea to mash these up is pretty good. I thank Neil for starting the mashup craze.  I love the Mars attack, wacky mash ups.
Again it's my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2018, 05:44:47 AM »
I thank Neil for starting the mashup craze.  I love the Mars attack, wacky mash ups.
Again it's my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Thanks Joe. I try ;)

By the way, I really do like these pinup mashups. Maybe not as refined as they could be, but there's definitely a good idea there.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #283 on: July 09, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
Thanks Joe. I try ;)

By the way, I really do like these pinup mashups. Maybe not as refined as they could be, but there's definitely a good idea there.
:great:

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2018, 05:51:58 PM »

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2018, 07:35:01 AM »

Nice mash up you made there Chad :great:

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #286 on: July 10, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
Nice mash up you made there Chad :great:
Thanks my very own Wacky Pin up with all new concept. This sold! Painted version coming soon!!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #287 on: July 10, 2018, 07:43:14 PM »
Cards coming too??

Lost some images in a computer crash, hoping to have a new card set by Halloween, but more that likely Christmas.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2018, 05:39:46 AM »
  Lost some images in a computer crash...

That definitely sucks.  Big time.  Where's George Wright when you need him?

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #289 on: July 15, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
Google-fu?  Please forgive my ignorance   :-[
just my way of saying I'll keep working through numerous, varied searches until I get a hit.

I was flipping through my Saunders book, and have yet to recognize any that have been used, so I don't think they touched those. Likely they are alls vintage cover art crops.

I haven't spent much effort looking for sources, but I did easily find a couple of the "Series 2" cards, pulp art by an unknown artist for "Peril - the all man's magazine", and one from well-known Gil Elvgen "Bronco Busted"

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:42:26 PM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: July 15, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
I guess the name of the magazine explains why I do not care for these images on Wackys.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #291 on: July 15, 2018, 06:19:38 PM »
Yo, hold on a second here!  What's the deal?

How come Patrick gets his own pin up girl and the rest of us don't? 

I guess it's all who you know.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #292 on: July 15, 2018, 06:28:18 PM »
Well fine, then.  Two can play at that game.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #293 on: July 16, 2018, 05:26:51 AM »
  When do you start taking orders. Paypal ready. Love those pinups!  Any you have two girls..not one. Genius!

These don't even have any relevance to the Wacky.  Why not just buy pinup girl stuff?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #294 on: July 16, 2018, 07:08:34 AM »
These don't even have any relevance to the Wacky.  Why not just buy pinup girl stuff?

The one Baked Bears did has no relevance to the wacky. All the others I’ve seen have tried to insert the girls in a way that goes with the wacky. Either way, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to buy them but they’re mildly amusing.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2018, 07:52:45 AM »
Well fine, then.  Two can play at that game.

Love this!!!! Needs to be made!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2018, 07:59:13 AM »

I agree, RawGoo.  The pin up girls don't have a single blessed thing to do with Wackys at all, save for being superimposed on a Wacky - and sharing a similar vintage pulp art painting style.  This is what makes them work.  One could probably get cowboy images from vintage western pulp paperbacks, and they would work nearly as well.  Or science fiction / horror monsters from vintage magazines like Amazing Stories.  The cowboys and monsters aren't provocatively rendered, though, and probably wouldn't make guys' eyes bug, tongues roll out, and fetch approximately $150 per card - though the pin up girl / Fright Cola mash-up, which IMO was one of the least provocative of the lot, did fetch the most thus far.

Essentially, these mash-ups are selling sex - just like the old pulp magazines did.

Another part of the appeal may have to do with the sensational, unrealistic or "fantasy" images which at times border on the ridiculous.  This magazine cover - by Norm Saunders - is wrong, wrong, wrong, yet I do find it amusing in its sheer absurdity:

But you're right, though.  These mash-ups have taken Wackys to a whole new realm that is, for the most part, Un-Wacky (just like the MLBs.) 

Some time ago, my ex was into the whole Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles mythology and collected the action figures.  Eventually - and perhaps inevitably - variations began to appear on the market.  "Star Trek" turtles, "Birthday Party" turtles, etc..  It just became ridiculous. It made a mockery of and cheapened the franchise.  Anything to make a quick buck. 

And that's what's happening here.  Someone is making a quick buck - and smiling all the way to the bank.  And it's probably going to go on for the next two or three years.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Why are we comparing bootleg Matt Stock creations to MLB wackys?

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2018, 02:16:53 PM »
Love this!!!! Needs to be made!

Chad,

Being somebody made a mash-up of Fanatical and Sickly, I was just busting Patrick's chops with this mock up of Baked Bears.  If you want some pin up girls to play around with, just google "vintage pin up girl images" or "clipart" with no background or transparent background.  They're ready and waiting to go!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
Why are we comparing bootleg Matt Stock creations to MLB wackys?

Because MLB Wackys fell flat and were devoid of the Wacky feel and spirit, just as Matt's pin up girls are, at least in my opinion.  Both try to be Wacky, but aren't.

• Administrator
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2018, 02:50:50 PM »
Being somebody made a mash-up of Fanatical and Sickly, I was just busting Patrick's chops with this mock up of Baked Bears.  If you want some pin up girls to play around with, just google "vintage pin up girl images" or "clipart" with no background or transparent background.  They're ready and waiting to go!
LoL. Yep, my very own. But still won't be paying $10 for a meaningless mashup.

btw - here's a version of yours to match the file name that you gave the image.   ;)

• Administrator
« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »
I agree, RawGoo.  The pin up girls don't have a single blessed thing to do with Wackys at all, save for being superimposed on a Wacky - and sharing a similar vintage pulp art painting style.
they're not even staying true to that spirit either. Hipton girl is a very modern rendering

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2018, 03:48:49 PM »
I am a man and I love a good pinup. That said, I do not like this mash up at all. Pinups do not belong on a Wacky. This is just one step away from Ovary Show...what's next, Nude Wackys?? Where does it stop?

Jim

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2018, 04:50:17 AM »
LoL. Yep, my very own. But still won't be paying $10 for a meaningless mashup.

btw - here's a version of yours to match the file name that you gave the image.   ;)

(Image removed from quote.)

Thanks for the touch up job, Patrick.

By the way, hope you win the F&S mash-up auction!

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2018, 04:53:20 AM »
I am a man and I love a good pinup. That said, I do not like this mash up at all. Pinups do not belong on a Wacky. This is just one step away from Ovary Show...what's next, Nude Wackys?? Where does it stop?

Jim

The money-go-round never stops!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2018, 06:56:01 AM »
I am so tired of seeing Ovary Show in its uncensored form on Ebay. I follow Lost Wackys and every search for the term brings up that uncensored card. For me that card was cool to own in the past ; as it had a great back story. Now I have probably viewed that card 1000 times and wish I never had to see it again. Maybe any sellers who reads this could cover part of the card out of respect for the fact that Kids may search for Wacky's on the Ebay.  Enough of Ovary Show already!!!

I agree completely.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2018, 07:05:58 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

IF you wanted to make a 'racy', sexualized Wacky mash-up, this is the way to go. Changing the words (and maybe the images) to fit the more adult-oriented theme. Bears to Bares is perfect.
Brian Mc

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2018, 12:45:57 PM »
I am so tired of seeing Ovary Show in its uncensored form on Ebay. I follow Lost Wackys and every search for the term brings up that uncensored card. For me that card was cool to own in the past ; as it had a great back story. Now I have probably viewed that card 1000 times and wish I never had to see it again. Maybe any sellers who read this could cover part of the card out of respect for the fact that Kids may search for Wacky's on the Ebay.  Enough of Ovary Show already!!!

Not to mention it may add to the poor familiarity with anatomy in general as there are no ovaries being shown. Maybe the Lost Wacky purveyors need to come up with a new image for that title featuring an ultrasound image to help clear things up  :D

Offline Swiski

« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2018, 05:31:07 AM »
I noticed a bunch of new pin-up girl parodies too. Is there a checklist for these or do the artists just keep producing them continually?

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2018, 09:10:24 AM »
Of course there is no checklist now.  That will come later as the "Lost Pinups Checklist".
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: August 23, 2018, 05:19:17 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the artists behind each of the Lost Wacky Cards in sets 1 - 4?

Thanks,  Andrew
a pretty good chunk of the names can be found on Rusty's site:  http://www.lostwackys.com/Wacky-Packages/Lost-Wackys/

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #311 on: August 30, 2018, 09:11:18 PM »
Hard to comprehend how much $$$ the LW , WP Boxes and Variation Wacky Sets are selling for.  I like the LW and Boxes sets ; but why pay $300 when they came way down in price in the past. Must be some newbies or gotta have it now people.  Go figure.
I would put it towards the gotta have it now people.  No matter what the cost they have to be first.  I am sure there are plenty of sets for whoever wants one. 

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2018, 06:21:11 PM »
I would put it towards the gotta have it now people.  No matter what the cost they have to be first.  I am sure there are plenty of sets for whoever wants one.

On the flip side of the coin, it is nerve-wracking waiting a year as Matt patiently, patiently, ever so patiently lists each set one by one by one!  Hmmm.  Anticipation or frustration?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #313 on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:43 AM »
WOW..... JUST WOW!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #314 on: September 02, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »
News Flash:  LW Printing Plates are now a reality. Quiet Pupsi Plate is now on the bay. What will we see next?

Really?!! I was almost positive these were produced using a high-end Epson color laser printer or something. No plates are used for that.