Author Topic: LOST WACKYS  (Read 2800 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: LOST WACKYS
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2018, 08:31:10 AM »
I was just curious whether you found the nine mismatched puzzle pieces in the same pack, or whether there were a few in each pack.
I got the five McSnoremick pieces in one pack, and the four Buck Tales in the other.
Mark

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2018, 04:14:22 PM »
Why are the silvers and gold now pulling over $800?   

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2018, 04:42:26 PM »
Because there is one person that is determined to win one of every title, regardless of cost, of both the golds and silvers.
And so far they have.
The other collectors that want to win one, any one, just keep pushing the bids higher and higher, but always lose.
About $23K spent so far, and there are still a few more titles to go for complete sets of both.
Round 2 should go for a lot less.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2018, 05:26:41 PM »
Because there is one person that is determined to win one of every title, regardless of cost, of both the golds and silvers.

But why?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2018, 03:32:42 AM »
And so far they have.
The other collectors that want to win one, any one, just keep pushing the bids higher and higher, but always lose.
About $23K spent so far, and there are still a few more titles to go for complete sets of both.
Round 2 should go for a lot less.

I can see one person putting in a crazy bid; but for someone else to also agree to push the auction with the risk of having to drop 700 on a card is pretty bizarre.
Another weird Lost Wacky situation. I guess we need to expect the atypical with these cards.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:12 AM »
I can see one person putting in a crazy bid; but for someone else to also agree to push the auction with the risk of having to drop 700 on a card is pretty bizarre.
Another weird Lost Wacky situation. I guess we need to expect the atypical with these cards.

I am assuming this must be a last resort for their collection. Maybe they have everything else.

Maybe they have a big wallet.
Mark

Offline Kook

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2018, 06:46:10 AM »
Well, I opened them. Since they were free, I figured it wasn't really a loss. I have a full LW3 set now, but two incomplete puzzles.

Based on his nice gesture, IMO, if you emailed him & asked if the puzzles were supposed to be split or not in the packs (I don't think they are supposed to be, since his ebay auctions usually say which puzzle is in the pack) I'm sure he would send you the puzzle pieces to complete 1 or the other. Sounds like the 2 variation packs got mixed up somehow.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2018, 06:48:21 AM »
I've been trying to understand what the big appeal is over "Lost Wacky" Series 3 and I really don't get it. For the most part, the gags and art have been getting progressively inferior since series 1. And based on the ridiculous ebay sales, we'll undoubtedly see a Series 4 (and probably more). The question now, is how many more people are going to get lured into "collecting them all". Remember folks, they're "lost" for a reason.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2018, 07:31:45 AM »
I've been trying to understand what the big appeal is over "Lost Wacky" Series 3 and I really don't get it. For the most part, the gags and art have been getting progressively inferior since series 1. And based on the ridiculous ebay sales, we'll undoubtedly see a Series 4 (and probably more). The question now, is how many more people are going to get lured into "collecting them all". Remember folks, they're "lost" for a reason.

Your cancelled Halloween wackies from last fall will undoubtedly be treasured Lost Wackys if you are ever allowed to show them to us ;)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
Your cancelled Halloween wackies from last fall will undoubtedly be treasured Lost Wackys if you are ever allowed to show them to us ;)

Almost true. They may be "lost" but they're not wackys.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2018, 09:36:17 AM »
Almost true. They may be "lost" but they're not wackys.

Hopefully someday the art will see the light of day.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
But why?
'cause they're psycho. and rich. So, eccentric, I guess.   8)

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »
About $23K spent so far

WOW! Just on LW3 Golds and Silvers?   :o
Brian Mc

Offline chipereno

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2018, 05:24:03 PM »
It's a total sham. He's running up his own auctions. Probably hasn't sold a thing.

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:26 PM »
My points exactly, Neil, well said....er, well "written"  :-[

Offline bandaches

• I had wacky sketch addiction!
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2018, 07:57:50 AM »
It's a total sham. He's running up his own auctions. Probably hasn't sold a thing.
welcome back...
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2018, 10:56:06 AM »

Wouldn't that be costing him a lot in ebay fees?

anything