Author Topic: LOST WACKYS  (Read 74651 times)

Offline Hipton

LOST WACKYS
« on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:14 PM »
I am going through my Wacky stuff and came across some unopened Lost Wackys packs.  There's two green packs that say "Old Adjusted Titles," a blue pack and a red pack that say "Brand New Series" and a yellow pack and a purple pack that both say "Old Forbidden Titles."  They all have Porkie and Clodfather on the front.  What's in these? Do the different colored packs mean a different set? These were from so long ago and I can't remember. I think I opened a green pack, but don't know where it is. I have so much stuff! Still can't find my 1st series sets and my full poster box. 

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: LOST WACKYS
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »
I am going through my Wacky stuff and came across some unopened Lost Wackys packs.  There's two green packs that say "Old Adjusted Titles," a blue pack and a red pack that say "Brand New Series" and a yellow pack and a purple pack that both say "Old Forbidden Titles."  They all have Porkie and Clodfather on the front.  What's in these? Do the different colored packs mean a different set? These were from so long ago and I can't remember. I think I opened a green pack, but don't know where it is. I have so much stuff! Still can't find my 1st series sets and my full poster box.
Just throw them on ebay, matt's been making thousands of $ on this crap!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »

These are my notes.

A pair of the yellow and purple packs contain the first series, as follows:

Lost Series 1
Antenmann's
Buggie
ClodFather
Fanatik
Fool-Aid
Garbage Pail Kids
Gooya
Gristlers
Hawaiian Punks (Juice Box)
Irvings Soaps
Janitor In A Slum
Kill
The Little Barmaid
Midget Rice
Mixwell Hearse
Monsterettes
Mr. Potato Famine
Usneeze
Nastee Crush
Tushie Roll
Pig Lips Tea
Pig Pen
Bacteria
Porkie
Richie Retch
Rotting Zone
Sea Honkies
Taster's Choke (new version)
Unlucky Dog
Winsome
Orgeo – bonus
Ovary Show – bonus
Lost Gum (pink) – bonus
Lost Gum (yellow) - bonus
Janitor In A Slum puzzle

The green pack contains the following replacements for the first series art that was altered before printing, plus a few extras, as follows:

Replacements
Buggies
Nastee Crush
Antenmann's
Hawaiian Punks
Mixwell Hearse
Gooya
Mr Potato Famine
Little Barmaid
Pig Pen
Garbage Pail Kids
Fool Aid
Tushie Roll

Bonuses provided w/replacements
Grow Germ
Runny Face
Jujubats
Orgeo
Lost Gum (green)

A pair of the red and blue packs contain the second series (2006, I think), as follows:
Lost Series 2
Dr. Peeper
Forger's Coffee
Libber's
A'cent
Pigs Blue Ribbon
Pro-Grossout
Brain'nola
Chia Punk
FrozFoot
My Spittle Pony
Snafu
Farties & Lames
Jo-Jo
Conun the Librarian
Exximo Pie
Beaver
Fungicolor
Slippery Murry-O Bros
Boosh Ball
Carpi Sun
Twisted
Soldier of Misfortune
Scar
TV Died
Spleen Beat
Bob Magazine
Lush Pop
Sweat Valley High
Barfie Doll
Farting Lineup
Sad Magazine
Boy's Lice
Shebad
Lost Gum (yellow)
Lost Gum (pink)
Forger's Coffee puzzle

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:41:57 AM by RawGoo »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 08:37:13 PM »
Pat, you forgot to put in the last things for Lost Wackys series 2: Lost Gum (pink) and Lost Gum (yellow). Also, I think that the Lost Wackys series 1 replacement bonus at the end should say: Lost Gum (green). Finally, it should be Tushie Roll in the two places where it's incorrectly written.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 09:15:16 AM »
Thank you, Pat! I just noticed the additions and changes today! I did miss one, however-there was a Mixwell Hearse replacement bonus puzzle. If you could put that one in, that would be great! Also, it's written "Growgerm''.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:34:02 AM by mikecho »

Offline Hipton

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »
Thanks, Pat and Mikecho! So, the yellow & purple packs and the blue& red packs go together as a set.  I don't think I have any extras of those but I think I may have a few extra green packs.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »
Lost Series 1
Lost Gum (pink) – bonus
Lost Gum (yellow) - bonus

Bonuses provided w/replacements
Lost Gum (green)

Are you sure there's a distinct Lost Gum (yellow) and Lost Gum (green)? I've got what I call yellow but it's really yellow-green.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 04:11:33 PM »
Are you sure there's a distinct Lost Gum (yellow) and Lost Gum (green)? I've got what I call yellow but it's really yellow-green.

No, I posted what I had noted myself based upon auctions, and then Mike asked for changes.  My intent was to provide a basic list, not to certify anything.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 04:28:45 PM »
Wow, I just looked at eBay and Matt Stock is putting out some complete and utter nonsense with "alternate puzzles" and "1st cereal subset". I mean, if you want freshly printed stuff, sure, knock yourself out. The lists and details I provided for the Master Spreadsheet are what actually came out at the time.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 05:15:30 PM »
Wow, I just looked at eBay and Matt Stock is putting out some complete and utter nonsense with "alternate puzzles" and "1st cereal subset". I mean, if you want freshly printed stuff, sure, knock yourself out. The lists and details I provided for the Master Spreadsheet are what actually came out at the time.

When you really think about it, why is stuff printed in 2005 any more or less desirable than stuff printed in 2011 or 2017?

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 05:17:45 PM »
When you really think about it, why is stuff printed in 2005 any more or less desirable than stuff printed in 2011 or 2018?

You make a fair point, it's all bootleg material after all. But I feel like there's a blanket of dishonesty around the current eBay listings. If it was just presented as "Lost Wackys return!" or something, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Either way, if it's worth hundreds of dollars to you, it's your choice...

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 06:25:56 AM »
You make a fair point, it's all bootleg material after all. But I feel like there's a blanket of dishonesty around the current eBay listings. If it was just presented as "Lost Wackys return!" or something, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Either way, if it's worth hundreds of dollars to you, it's your choice...

It's not worth 50 cents to me, but yeah, if people like it...

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 08:59:14 AM »
In some auctions, matt makes definitive statements on numbers produced and rarity then in other auctions, he uses terms like "this appears to be".  It is all salesmenship to create the perception of substance, intrigue and rarity to this abortion of a project that could only be botched as badly as it was by the clowns who ran with this.  I smile every day knowing that Duane sabotaged it like he did and I am sure matt is smiling every day as he is cashing in on the "variations", "alternates" and such.   This is like 1981 donruss and fleer baseball cards to me.  Regardless of the above, he is capitalizing on this versus throwing all this stuff away.  More power to him.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline mikecho

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 11:44:48 AM »
No, I posted what I had noted myself based upon auctions, and then Mike asked for changes.  My intent was to provide a basic list, not to certify anything.
Sorry about that, Pat. My additions and corrections were all taken from the Spreadsheet itself, and the two are practically identical. If you'll look at my post from the 19th, there's just two more that you need to put in and that's it. Other than that, your list is fine and dandy. If there isn't a Lost Gum (green), then I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:03:30 PM by mikecho »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 11:21:20 AM »
LOL
the hilarity continues
LOST WACKY PACKAGES BOX STICKERS 1st SERIES Puzzle Checklist Complete Set 9/9

eBay auction: #322983676972

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 11:37:36 AM »
LOL
the hilarity continues

Wow!  This is indeed a rarity!  Probably sell for tens of thousands!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 11:39:48 AM »
LOL
the hilarity continues

How does Topps not care about this????  Presumably the images from the poster that was created depicting full boxes is going to be turned into a 9 sticker set?  And, it's labeled as a "first series checklist," so we should expect more to come.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 02:03:30 PM »
Why would Topps care about display box stickers? It's not competing with anything they're doing and it promotes their brand.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 02:25:52 PM »
I don't believe that Topps would - or should - care, either.  This nonsense, though - in particular this latest puzzle and so-called "checklist" -  is undermining the integrity of WP as a whole.  (Not that Topps hasn't been doing a good job of this themselves the past few years.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:59:49 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »
I don't believe that Topps would - or should - care, either.  This nonsense, though - in particular this latest puzzle and so-called "checklist" -  is undermining the integrity of WP as a whole.  (Not that Topps hasn't been doing a good of this themselves the past few years.)

Why is it undermining anything? I'm not sure I even understand what it is, but I don't see the problem.

Edited to add: I didn't realize it was lost wacky related. That is pretty silly.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 03:07:25 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 04:57:53 AM »
Why would Topps care about display box stickers? It's not competing with anything they're doing and it promotes their brand.

I just thought that if Topps cared so much about the Halloween "Packs of Fun" (which were only being offered on the forum) that they quashed it, that something that actually says "Wackys" with puzzles and checklists being sold on ebay might bother them. 

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 05:11:50 AM »
And the use of their trepademarked logo

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2018, 05:20:12 AM »
I just thought that if Topps cared so much about the Halloween "Packs of Fun" (which were only being offered on the forum) that they quashed it, that something that actually says "Wackys" with puzzles and checklists being sold on ebay might bother them.

When I said this I misunderstood what it was. I do understand why Topps would be upset with the whole Lost Wackys thing.

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 09:13:43 AM »
When I said this I misunderstood what it was. I do understand why Topps would be upset with the whole Lost Wackys thing.
I believe ‘LOST’ is only in the auction title, to lure in similar buyers.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 11:38:14 AM »
The "I don't know where this set came from" stuff is getting ridiculous. I guess he thinks it adds an air of mystery but it seems unnecessary.

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 07:04:35 AM »
Another Player in the Lost Wacky Hunt......and selling individually??

....and a nice SCAN of each .(Hint Hint)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-LOST-WACKY-PACKAGES-3RD-SERIES-STILL-LOST-PINK-GUM-SUPER-RARE/322985821139?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 07:07:06 AM by Rabid Shaver »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2018, 10:40:47 AM »
Where's the best place to find nice quality scans of all the Lost Wackys? I will never be able to afford these, so images to look at are fine with me.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM »
Another Player in the Lost Wacky Hunt......and selling individually??

....and a nice SCAN of each .(Hint Hint)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-LOST-WACKY-PACKAGES-3RD-SERIES-STILL-LOST-PINK-GUM-SUPER-RARE/322985821139?

That seller purchased all 7 sets of LW3 that Matt had put up around Christmas with $179 Buy it now pricing. It happened fast and prevented others from getting a set at that price and now he has sets listed for $499 or best offer besides selling cards as singles. It was great that Matt deviated from the bid only strategy he had been employing and has now gone back to. It would be nice to see more sets offered at $179 which is close to what OS6 sets went for.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:41:34 PM by DrDeal »

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 03:18:28 PM »
Now we get the numbered, gold cards.
Man, this stuff just gets better and better!! LOLOLOL

eBay auction: #222793789441

it's only a matter of time before we get Wardrobe Relic cards containing cloth snippets of the green, blue or ultra-rare pink panties of the Ovary Show girl.

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 06:58:03 PM »
Now we get the numbered, gold cards.
Man, this stuff just gets better and better!! LOLOLOL

eBay auction: #222793789441

it's only a matter of time before we get Wardrobe Relic cards containing cloth snippets of the green, blue or ultra-rare pink panties of the Ovary Show girl.

Don't give him any Ideas

Offline Soremel

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »
For laughs & giggles, do a Google image search for "Gold Backgrounds Images"...

Offline Swiski

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 04:43:22 AM »
How come Topps can't give this guy a cease and desist, but we can't get the Halloween packs of fun anymore?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 07:24:31 AM »
I want to know if Matt get's BULK printing discounts and is the Wardrobe cards of the Ovary Show will be scratch and Sniff ?

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »
Lost Wacky's Series 1, 2 and 3 Scans - I hope this helps and the ZIP file is accessible for all, follow drop box link.  If you can not get it, please PM me

Richard

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4wdhkugryz1938/Lost%20Wacky%20Scans.zip?dl=0

Offline Rabid Shaver

• Trivia Pirates
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 07:31:39 AM »
I want to know if Matt get's BULK printing discounts and is the Wardrobe cards of the Ovary Show will be scratch and Sniff ?

Cool!.....then we could tell how old the cards are.....  :o

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:18:06 PM by Rabid Shaver »