Author Topic: Wiggly Packages black and white  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
Wiggly Packages black and white
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »
I picked up some packs at dollar tree today and found this Uncut black and white. Never seen one before, anyone??

Offline Baked Bears

Re: Wiggly Packages black and white
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 05:17:11 PM »
Could it be pencil art from the 2015 set (like the card featured below?)

(Damn!  I wish the NJ Dollar Trees had some!)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:19:52 PM by Baked Bears »

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 05:42:09 PM »
could be, I had just never seen one before, and my other pencil ones look like pencil sketches. This has just been greyscaled.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 07:23:32 PM »
No, they don't look like they were drawn with a pencil, do they?  Check out some others from this series, and I believe you'll encounter the same thing.  I believe I have one or two (but right now I can't check on them because they are buried behind fifty (literally) boxes of books - and dozens of boxes of other things - I had to schlep home from my classroom day after day after day because me and half of the other teachers in my building had to relocate our classrooms - after the school year began, mind, even though we just set up our rooms at the end of summer - to accommodate seven kindergarten classes coming into our building because the bloody state of NJ - in their infinite wisdom - gave us a grant with the stipulation that the entire classroom relocation process had to take place during the month of September!!!  Great, now I'm pissed again!)

But I digress...

At any rate, my fine fellow, please take a moment to peruse some of the other 2015 pencil art cards, and perhaps somebody else could shed a bit more light on this topic.

Postscript:  Still looking forward to "Koon" and "Soda Pup" (when you have a free moment, of course, being Topps has their artists glued to their dvd players on a massive movie binge!)

And best of luck in Vegas!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 08:15:11 PM »
Thanks, yes this is a considered a pencil  card, but it's a rare uncut one. Soda Pup art is being printed for the cards this week. Koon coming soon. My Wacky Movie stuff is done. I only painted one of the 5 I have approved.  Looking forward to seeing who got the other 4.

Online dth1971

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 04:04:44 AM »
I picked up some packs at dollar tree today and found this Uncut black and white. Never seen one before, anyone??

I thought the Dollar Tree Wacky Packages packs had no chase inserts.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 04:08:31 AM »
I don't know, dude, but it might be worth paying another visit to the Dollar Tree!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:04 AM »
I thought the Dollar Tree Wacky Packages packs had no chase inserts.
These are not true Dollar Tree packs, but leftover scrap packs being sold at those stores for a dollar.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 08:51:50 AM »
Yep, I bought 30 packs yesterday. Not the regular 4 card dollar tree packs, old stock retail packs.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 02:01:43 PM »
Chad, the set that Wiggly Packages came from, Wacky Packages 2015, was very interesting in that it was a clearing house for lost Wackys.  What happened was late in the game Topps decided to expand the base set from the normal 55 to 110 cards.  To help fill it up Topps used a number of lost Wackys from previous ANS and even Postcard sets.  I had a lost Wacky from a gag I did for Postcard Set 9 included in the set.  This resulted in a number of paintings that Topps didn't have pencils for and so they just created the pencils digitally by making them monochromatic.  WP 2015 was also the last true Wacky set in that it had the kiss cut and nice thick borders and didn't have a theme.

Offline Baked Bears

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »
Interesting bit of information, Joe.  Thanks for posting.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 08:23:53 PM »
Chad, the set that Wiggly Packages came from, Wacky Packages 2015, was very interesting in that it was a clearing house for lost Wackys.  What happened was late in the game Topps decided to expand the base set from the normal 55 to 110 cards.  To help fill it up Topps used a number of lost Wackys from previous ANS and even Postcard sets.  I had a lost Wacky from a gag I did for Postcard Set 9 included in the set.  This resulted in a number of paintings that Topps didn't have pencils for and so they just created the pencils digitally by making them monochromatic.  WP 2015 was also the last true Wacky set in that it had the kiss cut and nice thick borders and didn't have a theme.
Can you please give me the names of all the lost Wackys from this series and which series they would've been in? I put six of them (with Mitch's help) on the Master Spreadsheet, but if I missed any, I'd like to tell Mitch about them so he can put them in. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:31:29 PM by mikecho »