Author Topic: 2018 Wacky Packages goes to the Movies  (Read 56615 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Re: 2018 Wacky Packages goes to the Movies
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2018, 04:38:55 PM »
I like sexy women!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2018, 04:41:56 PM »
Patrick, pardon me reposting this, I just wanted to see the image...

Decided to shoot for a full house on Smellboy after I pulled a red patch in packs.
At this point, 5 border colors, autograph, 3 border color patches, sepia and 3 backs - black lud, red lud and blank.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: April 15, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »
Patrick, pardon me reposting this, I just wanted to see the image...
no problem. I went back to my earlier post and manually changed it to 'cc' to make it visible.

do you have something that automatically updates the address, or did you alter it manually as well?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #248 on: April 15, 2018, 05:28:42 PM »
no problem. I went back to my earlier post and manually changed it to 'cc' to make it visible.

do you have something that automatically updates the address, or did you alter it manually as well?

Manually. It’s a shame there’s no way to automatically update all the existing links. On top of the photobucket disaster all the cool old threads nearly everywhere are unreadable now.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: April 15, 2018, 05:32:26 PM »
Manually. It’s a shame there’s no way to automatically update all the existing links. On top of the photobucket disaster all the cool old threads nearly everywhere are unreadable now.

I know.  So much we had as history and reference is just gone.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2018, 05:54:37 PM »
So much we had as history and reference is just gone.
I am far from a "forum SME", but I would think that an administrator would have the ability to do some kind of global change on the text/html in a thread...or maybe even forum wide.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
The minute Eisner came on board

I have a friend who's not a forum member who is looking to complete her movie set, If you would like to help her out, Her name is Kathy. Send me a private PM and I'll provide you with a no. she can be reached at. She would appreciate any help you can give her.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #252 on: April 16, 2018, 03:25:44 AM »
I am far from a "forum SME", but I would think that an administrator would have the ability to do some kind of global change on the text/html in a thread...or maybe even forum wide.

I had that thought as well, and will ask Brad.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #253 on: April 16, 2018, 08:45:59 AM »
I had that thought as well, and will ask Brad.

It's a little confusing, because if you look, for example, at the WP Unopened Pack Reference thread, most of the images still show. The links back then refer to the domain postimage.org. Ultimately, it was changed to postimg.org, and that is the domain that no longer works. So I believe replacing postimg.org with postimg.cc would be effective.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #254 on: April 16, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »
It's a little confusing, because if you look, for example, at the WP Unopened Pack Reference thread, most of the images still show. The links back then refer to the domain postimage.org. Ultimately, it was changed to postimg.org, and that is the domain that no longer works. So I believe replacing postimg.org with postimg.cc would be effective.

Unfortunately, it seems there is no way to do a global search and replace.  :sad:

If people see their posts are missing important pics, they can manually edit them.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2018, 03:12:42 PM »
Unfortunately, it seems there is no way to do a global search and replace.  :sad:

If people see their posts are missing important pics, they can manually edit them.
Wow, I've always thought this forum software was pretty good, but I guess it's missing some basic tools...at least, IMO.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2018, 03:39:46 PM »
Wow, I've always thought this forum software was pretty good, but I guess it's missing some basic tools...at least, IMO.

I've never seen the underlying software.  I pretty much just move misplaced threads and watch out for spammers (which have been non-existent since the new user sign in stopped working correctly).

However, I can edit posts, so if no one objects, if I find myself up all night, unable to sleep, I could start editing some of the more "important" threads.  Any post I change will show that I edited it, with a date.

If anyone objects, LMK and I won't touch your posts.  If anyone would like me to attempt this for their posts, LMK.  Of course, if you're willing to change your own, that would be fantastic.  I'd also appreciate suggestions on which thread(s) to start with - I'm thinking the one with the Wacky and the original packaging, and maybe the "This Week in Your Collection."

We'll see how much I can manage without my fingers falling off   :P
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 03:43:34 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2018, 05:20:02 PM »
In case anyone is interested, this was my submission for the NinjaGo, for the Movie set.

I was always worried that the joke got a bit lost in translation, as the final drawing didn't
show any fruit being chopped by the karate chop kick...you get the idea.

Now back to the program....

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #258 on: April 18, 2018, 06:06:47 PM »
By using phpMyAdmin you can do a global search and replace. You open the smf database, choose the smf_messages table, click on the search tab and pick search and replace on the body column. It will then give you a preview of all of the changes that will be made so you  can verify before you click replace. Just make sure to backup the database first.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #259 on: April 18, 2018, 06:54:37 PM »
By using phpMyAdmin you can do a global search and replace. You open the smf database, choose the smf_messages table, click on the search tab and pick search and replace on the body column. It will then give you a preview of all of the changes that will be made so you  can verify before you click replace. Just make sure to backup the database first.

What tool did you use for find and replace?

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2018, 05:22:32 AM »
I used phpMyAdmin. It is usually an option in your hosting control panel for SQL databases.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2018, 07:51:35 AM »
I used phpMyAdmin. It is usually an option in your hosting control panel for SQL databases.

This is a bit over my head..LOL
This is what I get when I log into my cpanel:

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2018, 01:03:01 PM »
Maybe you have an earlier version than what I have. I have 4.7.7. Click on the house icon under phpMyAdmin on the left column and it will show your version on left.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2018, 03:19:40 PM »
Maybe you have an earlier version than what I have. I have 4.7.7. Click on the house icon under phpMyAdmin on the left column and it will show your version on left.

Mine is showing - 4.0.10.18

Offline mcuddy17

« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2018, 05:36:06 AM »
I guess that is a feature that was added in newer versions. I know a search and replace can be done with SQL but I don't know enough about it to help.

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2018, 05:18:49 PM »
Hey Everyone! Dave & Adam's having an anniversary sale. Movies and 50th Anniversary are on sale. $30 for a hobby box.

http://www.dacardworld.com/search?Search=Wacky+Packages+Go+to+the+Movies

R.
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com