Author Topic: Last Crack is Back!  (Read 2610 times)

Offline DrDeal

Last Crack is Back!
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:33:27 PM »
One of my favorite alternative metal bands from the early 90's is coming back with a new record. Last Crack!!  If you like metal and don't know this band check out Burning Time; their second lp.   They are working on a new LP/CD and need funding. Check out Last Crack on Facebook for a link to their gofundme page.
I never post about music but this band is special.

Andrew

Offline NationalSpittoon

Re: Last Crack is Back!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 02:26:47 AM »
Can't say I have ever listened to them, but if you ever want some 80's-90's metal to listen to, I know some stuff that I believe not too many know about. (Not sure what kind of metal you're into.)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:09:19 AM »
My favorite metal album of all time is Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian.

Offline drono

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 06:01:17 AM »
I'll have to quote Donald Sutherland as Pinkley in the Dirty Dozen: Never heard of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lrHzbLnC4o

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:55 PM »
My favorite metal album of all time is Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian.

I'll give that a listen. For my birthday a few days ago, I got 4 CD's..

Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Sepultura - Arise
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies

and the one I was most excited for...

Razor - Violent Restitution

But I have a playlist on youtube if you look up my name. (Two playlists, for metal.. A whole bunch of other playlists for bands.)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 03:33:11 PM »
I'll give that a listen. For my birthday a few days ago, I got 4 CD's..

Sepultura - Beneath the Remains
Sepultura - Arise
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies

and the one I was most excited for...

Razor - Violent Restitution

But I have a playlist on youtube if you look up my name. (Two playlists, for metal.. A whole bunch of other playlists for bands.)

I had the Suicidal Tendencies album on vinyl when it came out. As I've aged though I prefer more melodic metal. Actually, what I really prefer mostly is bands like UFO, Sabbath, early Judas Priest, early Iron Maiden (1st two albums)...and NWOBHM bands like Saxon, Tygers of Pan Tang, etc.

But I do still like the first two Celtic Frost albums!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 03:59:04 PM »
I had the Suicidal Tendencies album on vinyl when it came out. As I've aged though I prefer more melodic metal. Actually, what I really prefer mostly is bands like UFO, Sabbath, early Judas Priest, early Iron Maiden (1st two albums)...and NWOBHM bands like Saxon, Tygers of Pan Tang, etc.

But I do still like the first two Celtic Frost albums!

I do really want UFO- Phenomenon. Rock Bottom is a great song. Michael Schenker hit it out of the park on that one. My father owns all Sabbath albums before "Technical Ecstasy", and for the few good songs on either two Ozzy albums after that, doesn't matter to me that he doesn't own either of those two. Honestly, as much of a purist as I am, I hate to say it but Dio Sabbath is better. "Mob Rules" is phenomenal. I have every Judas Priest album up to "Defenders of the Faith" except "Hell Bent For Leather" and "Point of Entry". And for Iron Maiden, I was wearing a World Tour '82 shirt with Eddie holding the devil's head today. Specially picked for Friday the 13th. I own every Iron Maiden album up to Seventh Son, (Which I regret purchasing, that album has more synthesizers than Razor's Executioner's Song has reverb.) except for "Somewhere in Time". Believe it or not, I always debate with myself about Iron Maiden albums. One day Powerslave is my favorite, another day Piece of Mind is, then Killers...

The only Saxon album I have is "Power and the Glory". Would like to get Strong Arm of the Law.

If you like melodic metal, I'm sure you've listened to Testament once or twice. How about Pantera? Not the hugest fan per se, but Vulgar Display of Power is very groove laden. How about Rush? They're pretty prog rock. Have all of their albums to Moving Pictures, wasn't a fan after that. Too poppy, if you will.

Sorry.. could talk music all day.

Music, Wacky Packages, Mopar, and Pocket Knives... Ah, a way to live.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:02:36 PM by NationalSpittoon »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
Sounds like you've listened to a lot. I like Ozzy Sabbath way better than Dio. The Dio albums are good, I remember very clearly when H&H came out, and I loved it at the time. I just like the older sound better, and I much prefer the Geezer lyrics.

I grew up in Brooklyn and so went to the metal club L'Amour pretty often. I saw Mercyful Fate, Metallica, and many others from 1984-86. I was really into metal during those years. I have moved away from much of it now.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:13:41 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »
I'm too busy in my Kim Deal/Breeders world.  New single already out with a new cd to follow!

Lots of great new things out there!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 03:01:48 AM »
Sounds like you've listened to a lot. I like Ozzy Sabbath way better than Dio. The Dio albums are good, I remember very clearly when H&H came out, and I loved it at the time. I just like the older sound better, and I much prefer the Geezer lyrics.

I grew up in Brooklyn and so went to the metal club L'Amour pretty often. I saw Mercyful Fate, Metallica, and many others from 1984-86. I was really into metal during those years. I have moved away from much of it now.

(Image removed from quote.)

Mercyful Fate... Should probably chuck one of those discs into my player soon, Melissa and Don't Break the Oath are some of the greatest metal albums of all time. Not that I actually have top picks, even though I know Diary of a Madman would be on there.

Never understood why there was a "y" and not an "I" in Mercyful Fate. Isn't that kind of letter used in Denmark, or are they just moronic? I'll assume the latter.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 03:50:08 AM »
This song encompasses pretty much everything I like about metal.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0ei1wPR9Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw0ei1wPR9Y</a>
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 03:51:40 AM by Paul_Maul »